The War on Bacon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+27 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Activists: ‘Ban Bacon from Ballparks,’ ‘Deadly as Smoking’

An anti-meat activist group is urging owners of a minor-league baseball team to “stop glorifying bacon” via its bacon-themed uniform, merchandise and “smell the change” slogan.

Alright. This crap has to stop right now.

PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) has erected a billboard a mile from the Allentown Iron Pigs’ ballpark, comparing bacon to cigarettes and declaring: “Keep Kids Safe: Ban Bacon from Ballparks.”

Really? Hey docs, "Shut the hell up!"

I'm all for free speech, but this has gone too far.

The group has also sent letters to the Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski and the Pigs’ owners, Joseph Finley and Craig Stein. One letter calls for the mayor’s help “asking the Iron Pigs to stop glorifying bacon.”

It also evokes the cigarette analogy:

“The team would never pass out free cartons of cigarettes to the children of the LeHigh Valley, yet they are providing open access to bacon crumbles and turning a family-friendly event into a public health crisis.”

PCRM continued the cigarette theme in its letter to the team’s owners letter to the team’s owners:

“Consuming bacon and other processed meat products can be as deadly as smoking.”

The progressive movement is free to try to remove smoking, remove freedom of speech, they can even take away my guns.

But you'll only be able to take my bacon when you can pry it from my cold, dead, greasy hands!

Linky-bacon poo

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Activists: ‘Ban Bacon from Ballparks,’ ‘Deadly as Smoking’

Oh. Its worse than that.

"turning a family-friendly event into a public health crisis.”

Its right up there with the MERS virus.

/sarcasm

And we trust these people to treat our illnesses.
edit on 24-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the war on bacon isnt just from animal right nutters
in australia (bacon country) muslims are demanding everthing halal maccas,kfc etc etc in "their" areas
i loose my # when they say no bacon because of the majority of people in the area are muslim and they dont eat bacon yet they love young male prostitutes
well good how about # off home than
BACON WARS

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Consuming bacon and other processed meat products can be as deadly as smoking.

I don't know about that.

This might be disturbing to some…

Recycled food

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here's the billboard.

Disgusting!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

These morons give activists a bad name.

If YOU don't want to eat, own or go to something then don't. Stop trying to police MY decisions or we will have problems.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This morning I had the radio on and they were talking about the football concussion "thing". It hit me (heh) that it wouldn't be long until "they" went after baseball next.

And then a little later I see this story:

Baseball's New Epidemic: Injured Pitching Arms

Forgive the offensive website format and the crappy writing. It's the Arizona Republic. I digress. They're going after baseball now.

And now they want to take bacon out of the ballparks. Bacon. Pig. They make hot dogs out of pigs. Are they going to ban hot dogs from baseball too? That's like banning popcorn from movie theaters.

Anyway, yeah. The War on Bacon. The War on Baseball. The War on Anything Men Like.

And that is more disgusting and unhealthy than any slaughtered swine.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

These attacks will not be tolerated.

We must mobilize our forces immediately.

Good people, who have travelled from
villages near and far

...lend me your ears

(gets pelted with left ears)

That's disgusting.

Hear me!

Men like Prince John and Rottingham must be stopped!
Stopped from taxing us into poverty!
Stopped from taking what is ours!
If we stand up to them all together as one, we can win the day!

We shall go on to the end.
We shall not flag or fail.
We shall fight on the seas and ocean. We shall defend our isle,

whatever the cost may be. We shall never surrender.

Then they shall say of us.

" Never have so many owed so much to so few."

Wait what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, Bacon

Here is all we need to know to realize Bacon is the light and the way. An woe unto he who tries to stand between us.

We have all known this on some level our entire lives, be it subconsciously, metaphysically, metaphorically, philosophically, instinctively or any other idea with an "ly" at the end.

And now it is mathematically proven. Mmmm Bacon!

Source

...Take, for instance, the question of bacon. Everything is always better with bacon, right? But if so, how much?
And are any foods actually worse with bacon?
We calculated the answer, following a simple methodology that made the most of the 906,539 ratings on foodnetwork.com. First, we searched out all the recipes that fit a certain description...

( obligatory eye candy. )

Of all the foods we analyzed, bacon lends the most improvement to sandwiches. Many other foods also benefitted. In fact, we found that when you crunch the data for all recipes, those with bacon do in fact rate higher.

Well folks, there you have it.
Bacon!

And here are some happy bacony sources for your enjoyment:
BACON!!! ATS Chat And The Cult of BACON!
Chuck Norris Beard, Bacon, Six Degrees, Mayans, Science, End Times, NWO
Sir Francis Bacon was the author of Shakespeare
Hefficide ....and all bacon lovers... bad Bacon news

Scientists grow bacon from stem cells!
Bacon appreciation thread
Kevin Bacon Game
The Evolutionary Apex of Culinary Excellence, Now with Bacon!
Bacon

edit on 24-5-2014 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-5-2014 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You can do a lot of things, but when you start trying to ban bacon the shiite has literally gone too far.

Are these people for real? The real public health crisis is the danger these folks are going to be in if they keep doing this asinine crap everywhere they go. As deadly as smoking?? A danger to kids?

The Drama Queen Award goes to.....

Just ban fun. All of it. No fun allowed. EVER.

I want cameras in all of their houses. These people are eating bacon in their closets as sure as the world is spinning on it's axis right now.
edit on 5/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Bought Bacon last week and almost had a heart attack - $9.00 a pack for the cheap stuff - the good stuff is like $13.00...what the heck are they feeding them pigs?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Most telling is the fact this is an anti-meat activist
group. Have you ever seen a susceptible vegetarian
get his first big marbled bit of a New York Strip?
now imagine that second one with, God help us...
a little melted SALTED butter and LEAN FATBACK?

I'm willing to bet a sizable percentage of these busy-
bodies are viscera virgins.
Can't help it Beez... "Don't knock it 'till you fried it."
PS Where's Domo when we really need him to weigh in?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They can price it like cigarettes, booze. But it won't stop people from eating/loving it!

Bacon is here to stay.

Take away saturated fats.
Take away salt.
Take away large sodas.
Take away cigarettes.
Take away butter.
Take away eggs.

Bacon is here to stay.

If there is anything that will bring a united front to any encroachment of the progressive (wimp) movement or even radical Sharia Law,

IT IS THE IDEA THAT BACON WILL BE BANNED

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Bought Bacon last week and almost had a heart attack - $9.00 a pack for the cheap stuff - the good stuff is like $13.00...what the heck are they feeding them pigs?

I feel your pain BB! They do bacon the same way they do diapers, baby food, and medicine.... They KNOW you NEED it so they hike up the price to outrageous amounts. And we pay it. We definitely pay it!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: arexon
in australia (bacon country) muslims are demanding everthing halal maccas,kfc etc etc in "their" areas
i loose my # when they say no bacon because of the majority of people in the area are muslim and they dont eat bacon yet they love young male prostitutes
BACON WARS

I hope they all reincarnate as pigs in their next life....teach them to leave our bacon alone...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
They can price it like cigarettes, booze. But it won't stop people from eating/loving it!

Bacon is here to stay.

Take away saturated fats.
Take away salt.
Take away large sodas.
Take away cigarettes.
Take away butter.
Take away eggs.

Bacon is here to stay.

If there is anything that will bring a united front to any encroachment of the progressive (wimp) movement or even radical Sharia Law,

IT IS THE IDEA THAT BACON WILL BE BANNED

I was just thinking this same thing. If they try to take our bacon, which I believe they are capable of wanting to do, that will be the last straw. That will be the shot heard around the world.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: arexon
BACON WARS

I hope they all reincarnate as pigs in their next life....teach them to leave our bacon alone...

Des

They'll probably just ruin the bacon with all of their innate bitterness.
Bastitches...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We'll reserve them for pork rinds then....

I'm a Bacon Ho...and proud of it...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

We'll reserve them for pork rinds then....

I'm a Bacon Ho...and proud of it...

Des

Bacon Hos unite! I cook up a whole pound for the family when we eat it, and I eat half of it before the meal is finally ready. The husband says... Is that all the bacon there was?
-
-
Yes dear. It's the economy. Smaller pack for the same price.

edit on 5/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When I read that three glasses of milk contains more cholesterol than fifty four slices of bacon, I felt vindicated for never liking milk....and eating half a package of bacon in one sitting more times than I can remember.
Than I eat the other half for lunch.....

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

jeez, I have heard of that group before, and it was not in a good way, they were in volved with some other crazy thing but don't remember off the top of my head

loved that "pry it out of my dead cold greasy hands" line!!!!!!

speakinfg of pigs, they filed a complaint against hartford for using live pigs in their trauma training
edit on 24-5-2014 by research100 because: added more info

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join