It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Guards The Most Sacred Site In Christendom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Two Muslims.

JERUSALEM -- Every Christian knows the holiest places in Christendom are in Jerusalem. The holiest of all, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, was erected in 325, over the site where it is believed Jesus was crucified, buried and rose from the dead.

Yet, few know that it is a Muslim who opens and closes the only door to this holiest of Christian sites.

In fact, it's two Muslims: one man from the Joudeh family and another man from the Nuseibeh family, two Jerusalem Palestinian clans who have been the custodians of the entrance to the Holy Sepulchre since the 12th century.

Not much of a conspiracy here, and I didn't really know where els to put it .

Still a cool read , you can find the rest of the article here www.ibtimes.com...

Your thoughts?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I heard about this but never realized how far back in history it went. Fascinating that even in the holiest of places its various denominational representatives would resort to fisticuffs against each other like territorial animals.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about a mobster guarding the vatican bank or something...
silly me,my bad
carry on

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am not sure I could agree with many Christians as to what constitutes Holy . A building is made of wood .No doubt the places where Jesus walked would be interesting to visit but you are only walking on dirt .A study into Holy and what God would call Holy is always worth the time ...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They do banter around the word Holy quite a bit so not a unexpected assumption on your part .:>) a reply to: Danbones

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Somebody has to watch it, might as well be families that have been watching it for many generations. Sounds like they must be doing a good job at it.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yes it would be interesting to see anywhere Jesus walked however the only holy place i am interested in is where Christ will descend for the final battle and take us home.

The Bot

Can't happen soon enough for me lol...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

oh-oh, special dirt thread again (Holy Land). Danbones you know as well as anyone that the holy of holies is the gold room behind the second vault door.

OP: The most sacred place is our souls. Everyone guards their own.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

oh-oh, special dirt thread again (Holy Land). Danbones you know as well as anyone that the holy of holies is the gold room behind the second vault door.

Yes according to your reality , however for many Christians this holy "dirt" holds spirtul value.

Just saying ...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere
i still don,t get it and never will,people believing in something that we have seen no evidence of but are willing to believe a story from thousands of years ago.

like any story it grows legs and becomes something it wasn,t,you want to believe then nothing anyone says will change your mind. just find it crazy how many people do.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
yeah, I couldn't resist a play on words post, but I find it encouraging to think maybe noting things like this gives one pause to consider what are the fruits of what people hold holy?

considering what a person holds as "holy"
is it honorable, wise?, does it produce good?

in this case if it helps builds any bridges I'm all for it

edit on Satpm5b20145America/Chicago27 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

In fact, it's two Muslims: one man from the Joudeh family and another man from the Nuseibeh family, two Jerusalem Palestinian clans who have been the custodians of the entrance to the Holy Sepulchre since the 12th century.

Well, after careful consideration and in depth deliberation of all the facts...I've come to the conclusion THAT job REALLY sucks! I mean, what is that, 800+ years on duty for the poor guys and when was their last vacation? Retirement is apparently not something considered in that human resources department! Sounds like Cain has the better end, at least his wanders around forever.

Okay.. I couldn't resist. That is worded in just such a way.... lol

Seriously, thanks for sharing it and it's a fascinating look at how complex and multi-layered everything really is over there. Nothing is as simple as it appears. Like a giant Onion.
edit on 5/24/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes according to your reality , however for many Christians this holy "dirt" holds spirtul value.

Just saying ...

Yes, some Christians do hold spiritual value in dirt and slivers of wood...tatters of cloth ect...

I once read, if all the slivers of wood that were claimed through the ages, to be from the cross Christ died on, were put together...it could build a 5 story wooden building.

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Well, after careful consideration and in depth deliberation of all the facts...I've come to the conclusion THAT job REALLY sucks! I mean, what is that, 800+ years on duty for the poor guys and when was their last vacation? Retirement is apparently not something considered in that human resources department! Sounds like Cain has the better end, at least his wanders around forever.

Okay.. I couldn't resist. That is worded in just such a way.... lol

Seriously, thanks for sharing it and it's a fascinating look at how complex and multi-layered everything really is over there. Nothing is as simple as it appears. Like a giant Onion.

Lol..... My guess is that it has shifted into an act of honor .... But sheesh ..since the 12th century..

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
trust me in thousands of years if the planet still has life then people like derren brown,david blaine and dynamo will be the new jesus or gods cause their feats will be written in history and will be spun over time into god like storys,as i said a story that grows legs.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
Not much of a conspiracy here...

Au contraire mon frere...

There is in fact a HUGE conspiracy surrounding this site.

Many believe that this site is not actually the correct location of the crucifixion.

The Bible requires that Golgotha lie outside the city walls.

The church of the Holy Sepulchre is INSIDE the walls of today’s Jerusalem.

The fact that this church was built by Roman Emperor Constantine and that Muslim's are guarding a supposedly Christian site speaks volumes in my opinion.

...most of you will be totally unaware that the site covered by the Church of the Holy Sepulchre represents one of the greatest Jewish hoaxes in the last 2,000 years!

All the evidence we have examined proves BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that our Passover Lamb was slain EAST of the Temple on the slopes of the Mount of Olives, near the summit. At this site, and this site ONLY, could Yeshua the Messiah have fulfilled all the requirements of the Law of Moses and the Law of the Roman authorities.

The presently accepted sites hold no water, and one, as we have seen, is the result of nothing less than a giant hoax!

It is plainly indicated that our Savior was led to a place known as "Golgotha" for his crucifixion: "They came to a place called Golgotha (which means The Place of the Skull)." (Mat. 27:33). "Carrying his own cross, he went out to The Place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha)." (John 19:17).

The word "Golgotha" is also used in the Old Testament and signifies a "skull" in two places (Judges 9:53; II Kings 9:35), the human "head" once (I Chron. 10:10) and nine times it denotes "poll" or "head-count." The New Testament, however, indicates the connotation of "skull" -- "The Place of the Skull."

Just Where in Jerusalem Did Our Savior Die?

It's extremely disingenuous to say that, IN A TINY CITY OF ONE SQUARE KILOMETER (less than a square mile) in size, there could be a place that matched this biblical description TO PERFECTION, IN EVERY DETAIL, and yet that it is NOT the real Golgotha. In order to believe the other two locations, we would have to COMPLETELY DISREGARD EVERYTHING God said about this unique place, and BLINDLY believe WHAT THEY SAY.

However, lest any doubt remain, the apostle John, the ONLY DISCIPLE THAT stood before Jesus at THE REAL Golgotha and SAW THE PLACE OF CRUCIFIXION WITH HIS OWN EYES, told us UNDISPUTEDLY what the correct location is:

"Their bodies will lie ON THE SQUARE of the great city... WHERE ALSO THEIR LORD WAS CRUCIFIED" Revelation 10:8

John unmistakably says Jesus was crucified AT A CITY SQUARE or PLAZA (plateias in Greek).

There's NO SQUARE at the Mount of Olives location, and there's never been.

There's NO SQUARE at the Holy Sepulcher location, and there's never been.

Besides matching ALL the other requirements TO PERFECTION, Gordon's Calvary, or Golgotha "the place of the skull", is right IN FRONT OF Damascus Square, which dates back to the time of Christ. Period. End of story. Case closed. THIS is THE REAL Golgotha...

www.christconnection.net...

edit on 24-5-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It is not what goes into a man that corrupt's him but what comes out of him, This is what christ said and in a miracle whitnessed by both cotpic christian's and egyptian muslim's an apparition of the virgin mary in cairo healed a blind elderly muslim man.
In reality there real guardian will be something that can not be seen, an angel but what matter's there actual religion so long as they are spiritual and good men and in fact the simple fact muslim's have protected the site's has probably saved them from desecration as happened to the wailing wall which was used as a dump even though the jew's prayed there as the muslims had no vested interest in it.
If you believe in god what does it matter.
S+F very interesting though and after 800 years I suspect they are probably blessed anyway.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I had no idea ! Thanks for pointing this out

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It is not what goes into a man that corrupt's him but what comes out of him, This is what christ said and in a miracle whitnessed by both cotpic christian's and egyptian muslim's an apparition of the virgin mary in cairo healed a blind elderly muslim man.
In reality there real guardian will be something that can not be seen, an angel but what matter's there actual religion so long as they are spiritual and good men and in fact the simple fact muslim's have protected the site's has probably saved them from desecration as happened to the wailing wall which was used as a dump even though the jew's prayed there as the muslims had no vested interest in it.
If you believe in god what does it matter.
S+F very interesting though and after 800 years I suspect they are probably blessed anyway.

Umm.. I would really really like to believe this however "islam" & "muslims" were not around in the time period of "jesus"

They came many many years later

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Actually... I have contacts in Ethiopia and there is a temple there where the Ark of the Covenant is supposed to be with the original Ten Commandments in it - and it is guarded by Christians, I believe.

So that means that the Jewish artifact is guarded by Christians, and the Christian one by Muslims.
edit on 25amSun, 25 May 2014 06:01:44 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join