It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw this obects twice in my life and new "its not a plane ,nor birds, nor anything i know"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
a reply to: eriktheawful

lightyears away..and?

as soon as the light reaches the earth it does not make a big difference how far away it is..or do you see really really BIG stars and really really small stars on earth ? no

Differences in visibilty is in cm range

You still do not understand how trigonometry works, do you? Did you even bother to read the post I made about being able to tell not only how fast something is moving, but how far it moved based upon their angles?

This is math taught in high school.

Take a look at this image I took:

This is an image of an aircraft traveling across the sky. Exposure time for the image was 15 seconds.

So while we have the amount of time it took to travel from left to right on the image, we still do not know how far away it was. Because we do not know how far away it was, we have no way of actually finding the arc length it traveled. If we do not know how far it traveled in that 15 seconds........then there is no way to tell how fast it was actually going.

Using the stars as reference points is useless. The stars themselves are many light years away. And even if I drew a imaginary line to form an angle between two of the stars so that the aircraft's flight path intersects those two lines, we do not know how far away that aircraft is.

The only help any stars will give you is determining the angle of theta. But with out the radius and/or the arc length, you will not be able to tell how far something traveled, or how far away it is.

Here is a link that shows the simple trig that I'm talking about:

Circle Trigonometry

The stars will not help you if you do not already know the distance to the object in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Listen: its not about finding the exact speed of the object .. Every day sincd 2 years i am sitting in front of a window being able to look 2 km far and see a lot of birds.

I dont need complex mathematics to know how fast birds fly and how "near the must be" for them to reach a ceratin speed in my view field.

WHat i saw was no birds. ....in the video: i dont know ..it could be cgi..it could be fake..it could be speed up... it could be anything.

But when played in real time...the "things" at 16 seconds could not be birds....they would have to be much much bigger to fly that fast...

i am done.. i wont spend more time on this.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If the part at 16 seconds...is not enough for you......to know that such a high speed is not possible for birds without being so near that you can really see their form..
i can not help you with numbers.

have a good one

No this post and others included in this thread is enough for me to conclude you have no idea about perspective, no idea what skepticism is and a delusional need to be believed that you saw something out of this world all at the same time as telling others what they have and haven't seen.

I hope you have a better one than I am having, I am seeing stars after participating in this thread.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i understand your point...in terms of my characteristics/ dynamics in this thread.

enjoy the stars..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Listen: its not about finding the exact speed of the object .. Every day sincd 2 years i am sitting in front of a window being able to look 2 km far and see a lot of birds.

I dont need complex mathematics to know how fast birds fly and how "near the must be" for them to reach a ceratin speed in my view field.

WHat i saw was no birds. ....in the video: i dont know ..it could be cgi..it could be fake..it could be speed up... it could be anything.

But when played in real time...the "things" at 16 seconds could not be birds....they would have to be much much bigger to fly that fast...

i am done.. i wont spend more time on this.

That's a shame (that you won't spend anymore time on it).

I'm still not saying what you saw was a bird. So kindly stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

However, I WILL correct you on things that you say that are wrong: such as that you can use the stars as a reference point for objects to determine how fast something is flying......that is completely wrong unless you also know the objects distance.

I don't care if it's a bird, an air craft, a satellite, or the USS Enterprise.

And it's NOT complex math. Rate = Distance / Time is taught in grade school. Trigonometry is normally taught in high school.
Not everyone gets to trig in HS anymore. And that's okay.

But if you don't know it, then do not come on here and make claims that are not true, because you'll have those of us that do know how to do trig correct you on it.

I really don't care if it was a bird, or a alien ship that you saw. What I do care about is someone posting something that is incorrect.

So you can either learn from those of us that DO know things like trigonometry and physics, which might even help you prove what you saw..........or you can have attitude about it.

I'm not the one claiming what you saw was a bird. I'm the one simply showing you how to figure out how far and how fast something is using math.

:eye roll emote that ATS does not have:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
you dont need math to know that certain speeds are not possible for "in formation flying birds that glow in the dark".

but ok...lets leave it here.

I can not discuss in english without feeling frustrated after some time because i can only speak like a child...

But simply put: precision is not necessary ..when you see live something like in the video (16 seconds)..
you dont need math to at least know that those are not birds..

But ok ..you wont believe me that.

Maybe you can show me a youtube video of birds flying that fast ..not being able to be recognized as birds..oh wait..you can only send me UFO Videos lol

edit on 26-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

The formation is remarkable for birds.

Are you sure?

Can we find a set of flying birds like that to compare?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

The two times that you saw the formation, did any of the individual lights in the formation kinda of wandered back and forth, or do any other noticeable movements?

I've seen seagulls, especially geese fly at pretty fast speeds, faster then I'd think anyways. And they reflect light pretty well, but not to the point it giving off light. They could easily pass as orbs due to the lack of detail, and also the height they fly at, would kinda of make it look like its going pretty fast.
edit on 27-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Djoser

Canadian Geese.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Looks to me like a gaggle of geese following their internal instincts to migrate. Easily mistaken!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

both times they changed formation pretty fast.....
And i still don´t think i could not determine if its birds...For me this is a "youtube -Ufology- Sceptics-invention".

When you see those objects you know that it is not birds. But it is easy to say that it is ..when you see a blurry video...
edit on 27-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

Like what kind of formation other then the loose, well kept V formation?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

both times they changed formation pretty fast.....
And i still don´t think i could not determine if its birds...For me this is a "youtube -Ufology- Sceptics-invention".

When you see those objects you know that it is not birds. But it is easy to say that it is ..when you see a blurry video...

The OP video is most likely birds, and they were filmed in IR to appear luminous.

That doesn't mean what you saw was birds.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

the v formation itself changed while flying ...they started with a wide v and while flying over me it was getting narrow really fast a ...there was one orb in the middle switching sides..

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was a recent witness to a glowing something lol that was flying on a very cloudy night. It resembled a bird and looked as though it were flapping, but it just looked like a light shaped like a bird and it was HUGE. I've seen some weird stuff in the night sky before, that I couldn't identify, but never anything like this. I know it wasn't a light reflection, because I was at work and it's pretty dark out there and there are no street lights to reflect. My coworker saw it as well, which is good because had I been by myself, I probably would've wrote it off as my imagination. If I had not seen it myself and it were just him, I doubt I would've believed him lol it was that strange. My coworker was more creeped out than I was, he just kept talking about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join