It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
NAAAAAH that would be central banking as the root of all evil.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The thing about “conservative” is that by nature they want to conserve the norm, that’s why generally they are for the rich and elite of our society that is those who already have their cars, houses, good jobs, happy fat wives and spoiled children.

The liberal idea looks to the events of a societal breakdown or rights for minorities and those who are vulnerable to the potential abuse of those who own the resources. It looks to the possibility of perfecting, or just making better, this experiment of democracy and freedom.

In theory there are certainly great things in our society that should be conserved, but when the mechanisms of the society break down, such as in depressions, the economy failing, liberal ideals want to look at the common good of all that often includes the downtrodden, which btw can be any American who is down and out for a time because the mechanisms of our society often break down.

The key is balance, understanding, tolerance, and wisdom.
Both sides of the political spectrum can benefit from those attributes

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
NAAAAAH that would be central banking as the root of all evil.

That is one aspect of the problem certainly, but I can’t reduce the ailment to one source. We have a problem that needs to be dealt with integrally and holistically and certainly the screwed up banking system is at the top of the list.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

All of which is a main propaganda talking point of the ultra-Left Wing isn't it.....

Rich liberals: A paradox explained

How Did The Democrats Become The Party Of The Rich?

Looks like you've been hoodwinked.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have no problem against the rich. I am glad for people who can enjoy their wealth.
AS LONG AS THEY MAKE SURE I GET SOME OF IT!
Just kiddin

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

give me a conservative list of what they have done for us

Other than meat (ranchers seem to be mostly conservative) they really don't provide anything of value to society that isn't destructive.

Yeah we do. We stop liberals from perverting America and its constitution. That's the greatest achievement of all. Unfortunately, we're not always successful.

Seriously, liberals can make a list of achievements about things they have changed in America. Conservatives can make a list of achievements about things they've kept liberals from changing about America. I'm proud of all we've been able to accomplish.
edit on 25-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You're obviously a democrat whether you admit it or not. So you hate the founding fathers? You know they were republican by modern definitions right?

a reply to: LDragonFire

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Someone's going to have to explain this to me like I'm a two year old:

How is this "article" being received by the community as anything other than propaganda. Propaganda clearly designed to illicit bickering and insult as opposed to discourse. It should be absorbed by the community and referenced as unworthy trite.

Divisionism.

They poke you react, rinse and repeat. I call that an easily measured and predictable populace.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JaspersCheese

Propaganda works or they wouldn't use it so much.

The counter to propaganda is truth. Ideally a self-evident and compelling truth.

I call that an easily measured and predictable populace.

Also the fewer options available the easier the management.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Really good post. Funny how other posters are guessing that some of these ideas had bi-partisan support when chances are just as likely they didn't. Liberal and conservative differences seem to be rooted in the halves of the brain. There is usually stiff opposition to each others ideas because we are coming from such opposing places. Maybe this would be better titled 150 liberal concepts that were successful?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

We can debate what they were politically I view the majority of them as liberal NWO types. If they were conservative they would not approve of secular government or the separation of church and state. Can you show me examples of conservative governments that doesn't include religion, or isn't a religious state?

The federalist where conservative, the republican/democrats were liberal.

What we can all agree on are that they were 50 white elites.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

Really good post. Funny how other posters are guessing that some of these ideas had bi-partisan support when chances are just as likely they didn't. Liberal and conservative differences seem to be rooted in the halves of the brain. There is usually stiff opposition to each others ideas because we are coming from such opposing places. Maybe this would be better titled 150 liberal concepts that were successful?

Its amazing that they think the civil rights act was a conservative supported idea, when I have shown the conservative areas of the country (Southern congressman both rep and dem voted against it)

But I posted the list, liberals did in fact bring us most of what on the list. I didn't write the list I just posted it, the list is satire, but I am more than willing to debate items on the list.
edit on 26-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

The federalist where conservative, the republican/democrats were liberal.

No, the liberals, really Social Democrats (why don't they call themselves what they are?), need a central government to make bribery or contributions less expensive and to keep the number of elections at a minimum. In a national government arrangement, the liberals only need to control one government. If the South had successfully seceded, the liberals would have needed twice as many resources.

The Federalists were collectivist liberals, in todays comparative terms, favoring a central government.

The Republican/Democrats favored keeping things the way they already were. They were conservatives.

edit on 26-5-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All of which is a main propaganda talking point of the ultra-Left Wing isn't it.....

Funny how much criticizing I have received for posting a propaganda pro liberal piece but that's all you post here is conservative propaganda pieces......

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: xuenchen

Funny how much criticizing I have received for posting a propaganda pro liberal piece but that's all you post here is conservative propaganda pieces......

I think that is because currently the conservatives can repeal Obama Care. That is the only reason I would vote for a Republican. Maybe gun control.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If it is propaganda, you wouldn't have any problem constructing a list of poor Congressmen. Democrats or Republicans.

Almost all of them have thrived on a life of parasitism.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A list of things 'borrowed'?

Hahaa!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You actually can't debate. You'd actually have to know the material and you obviously don't.

It seems you aren't even aware of the different types of conservatives.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, all that sounds great. Until conservatives want a war, then all the checks and balances turn into lies.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So now people just resort to lies? Do you care to back up your claim that conservatives want war?? I think the facts will put you in check.

a reply to: MOMof3

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join