It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: LDragonFire
This is based on a older article but its still true today as it was the day it was posted. The term liberal is meant to be a insult thrown around by the right wing but lets look at this list and decide if liberal is such a bad thing.

1. The 40-hour work week.
2. Weekends
3. Vacations
4. Women’s Voting Rights
5. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
6. The right of people of all colors to use schools and facilities.
7. Public schools.
8. Child-labor laws.
9. The right to unionize
10. Health care benefits

150 Achievements of Liberals.....

I wouldn't mind seeing a list of what conservatives have achieved for the betterment of us all.
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

The founders might have something to say about 55, 56, 57. You could call the founders a lot of things liberal isn't one of them. Now they want to take credit for the constitution and the bill of rights? This isn't funny this pure propaganda for the uneducated.

You're right, I found a really good article if anyone cares to read it, yes, the article touches on some of LDragonFire's questions about the South and Civil Right and even tell you if M L King jr would have ever been a Democrat!
Here's a little.

The chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd, a former official in the Ku Klux Klan. None of these racist Democrats became Republicans.

The Democratic Party Is The Party Of The Rich

A persistent mantra of blacks is that the Republican Party is the “party of the rich.” In fact, while there are some rich Republicans, most Republicans are average, hard working Americans from the middle of America. The truly rich are Democrats who reside mainly in big cities on the east and west coasts. Most notable are Billionaire Oprah Winfrey, Billionaire George Soros, Billionaire Warren Buffett, Billionaire Bill Gates of Microsoft, Billionaire, Billionaire Peter Lewis of Progressive Insurance, Billionaire Senator John Kerry, Millionaire Senator Ted Kennedy, Millionaire Senator Harry Reid, Millionaire Representative Nancy Pelosi, Millionaire former President Bill Clinton, and Millionaire President Barack Obama, as well as all of the millionaire Limousine Liberals in New York and Hollywood.

In 1866, the Ku Klux Klan was started by Democrats to lynch and terrorize Republicans, black and white, and the Ku Klux Klan became the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party. Details about the Democratic Party and the Ku Klux Klan can be found in the book “A Short History of Reconstruction” by Dr. Eric Foner

To advance civil rights for blacks, Republicans started the NAACP on February 12, 1909, the 100th anniversary of the birth of Abraham Lincoln.

You Bad, Bad, Bad, Republicans,, BAD!!!
Just ask

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

This is not a debate about Democrats versus the GOP. It is about policies of what is known as liberalism (that in the past has had many GOP members supporting liberal causes). This is a debate between CONSERVATIVE philosophy and LIBERAL philosophy regarding modern issues that affect people’s real lives.

The fact of the matter is that many in history in the GOP use to support what is known as liberal issues. But today practically ALL of the GOP are reactionary right-wingers who have gone too far right.

So your bringing up GOP versus Dem argument IS A STRAW MAN.

The debate is CONSERVATIVE (no policies) versus LIBERAL (beneficial issues and policies) that have given us ALL great progress as a society of civilized human beings

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

This is not about DEMS versus the GOP. This is about MODERN POLICIES AND ISSUES THAT AFFECT THE MODERN SOCIETY.
The issue is CONSERVATIVE VERSUS LIBERALISM.

In the past many of the GOP supported liberal policies. It is only recently, since the Johnson great society programs of the 60's, when the LIBERAL/CONSERVATIVE issues veered off into almost a 100 percent GOP=CONSERVATIVE versus DEMS=LIBERAL.

You are bringing up a straw man argument because YOU LOST THE ARGUMENT!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If that's all it's about,

then why has 0bama gone so wayward?

If "old" Liberal policies were so good, why have the "new" Liberals gone so crazy with the authoritarian and totalitarian agendas?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That’s called neo-liberalism, like the neo-con conservatives of the GOP.

No one said liberals were 100 percent saintly in ALL of their personal politics.

It’s about modern liberal domestic policies that have been useful to the American people in domestic economic terms.

In foreign policy and rights issues often liberal dems meet conservative GOP on some issues such as Israel.

Though pure liberal progressives rarely like, support or agree with Obama, SUCH AS ME!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

They are actually useful idiots of the very interests that have always been against the pursuit of happiness for all: that is the elite rich corporate interests who seek to monopolize power and wealth for themselves.

I'll point them out to you, I think you missed the Memo! a reply to: Willtell

The Democratic Party Is The Party Of The Rich

A persistent mantra of blacks is that the Republican Party is the “party of the rich.” In fact, while there are some rich Republicans, most Republicans are average, hard working Americans from the middle of America. The truly rich are Democrats who reside mainly in big cities on the east and west coasts. Most notable are Billionaire Oprah Winfrey, Billionaire George Soros, Billionaire Warren Buffett, Billionaire Bill Gates of Microsoft, Billionaire, Billionaire Peter Lewis of Progressive Insurance, Billionaire Senator John Kerry, Millionaire Senator Ted Kennedy, Millionaire Senator Harry Reid, Millionaire Representative Nancy Pelosi, Millionaire former President Bill Clinton, and Millionaire President Barack Obama, as well as all of the millionaire Limousine Liberals in New York and Hollywood.

Link

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Just because the GOP is the party of the rich (policy wise) on practically ALL issues
Doesn’t in the least preclude democrats from ALSO being bribed as well.

It’s just that Democrats at least will throw some crumbs our way once and a while. The GOP would starve everybody if they could.

No body said Dems were perfect.
And anyway, again you are bringing up a STRAW MAN.
Its not dems versus the GOP
It’s LIBERAL POLICIES VERSUS CONSERVATIVE POLICIES.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If that's all it's about,

then why has 0bama gone so wayward?

If "old" Liberal policies were so good, why have the "new" Liberals gone so crazy with the authoritarian and totalitarian agendas?

That's what I'm saying. What's the point in bringing up "old" liberals. They aren't the liberals of today. The liberals of today are the ones that are relevant and they are the ones that the OP intended to support with this OP. This ain't a thread about history, its a thread about the OP's political agenda.

Trying to make conservatives of today look bad by referencing the policies of the liberals of yesterday is the "straw man argument" here.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So you would agree with these statements? a reply to: Willtell

Today’s liberals favor expanding health insurance company profits over expanding Medicare and strongly support Democratic presidents who undermine the very programs that earlier liberals created such as social welfare and Social Security.

Progressives respect state and local government; liberals often act like they're a Republican plot.

Progressives worry about locked doors, liberals about glass ceilings, which is why liberals thought Obama's election would create a post-racial society.Too many liberals are infatuated with symbolism such as electing a black president, while ignoring the real problems most minorities face in everything from the job market to dealing with the law.

But then, progressives still defend civil liberties. Liberals seem to have forgotten about them and ignore Obama's abuse of them.

Liberals love Clinton and Obama while despising the Bushes who preceded them. They don’t seem to notice that our government continued to move to the right under both Democrats and that neither repealed any significant policies of their GOP predecessors

Liberals believe change will come when everyone acts like they do.

Did anything there fit your thinking pattern? You ( Liberals ) did Not Build That, Your Obama said that himself.
linky
edit on 25-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: xuenchen

Though pure liberal progressives rarely like, support or agree with Obama, SUCH AS ME!

I guess I don't know what a "pure liberal progressive" is then. I only know them by who represents them today. The founding fathers were not liberals by today's representation of the term.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It’s just that Democrats at least will throw some crumbs our way once and a while. The GOP would starve everybody if they could.

I've heard that since the 1970's. Democrats buy votes.

The liberals have been buying votes since the first agriculture subsidy. 1880' s or so.

The first federal government subsidy to farmers started during the Great Depression. That's why FDR got reelected 3 times.

Everybody pays but only the liberals get the votes.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

When backed into a corner of wrongness, clinging on to clever wording for a defense, is this the new liberal defense of failing liberal policies? "Those aren't really liberals".

Haha.

edit on 25-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
at reply to: LDragonFire

I did not read it as republicans passed the civil rights act and more liberal democrats voted against it then republicans, an overwhelming majority more.

Stop posting crap.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
at reply to: LDragonFire

I did not read it as republicans passed the civil rights act and more liberal democrats voted against it then republicans, an overwhelming majority more.

Stop posting crap.

This is how southern parties voted, are they liberal in the south or conservative?

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:
Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Wiki

0 republicans from the south voted for this bill and only 8 democrats in the south voted for this bill. 118 no votes vs 8 yes votes from the south. Are these liberal voter? No there conservative, and the majority of no votes came from the conservative south. 0% republican support in the south, so how did conservatives support this bill and why do they now want to repeal it?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Because of the democrats support of this bill, they lost the south. Conservatives left the democrat party and joined the republicans thus pushing the republicans more to the right. Since this time republicans have been pushing liberals out of the republican party thus pushing the democrats more toward liberals.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So, if you and I agree with # 10, then what the Government Gives it can take away, Right?
To lighten up this thread, I think maybe this Nurse has asked the Right Question, Don't You?
a reply to: LDragonFire

edit on 25-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think the site is actually satire.

Government protects the people from the greedy power hungry hands of the wealthy, especially when liberals are in power.

Yup, it's a joke site.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

#10 Health benefits connected to employment, related to union benefits a very much liberal achievement.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I think so but it sure gets us talking does it not?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: buni11687

I think so but it sure gets us talking does it not?

Ha, yes it does.

A good few fun pages here in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join