learn more

150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I refuse to believe all those achievments belong to liberalism,....whatever that means TODAY. Make more sense we understand that list as a natural consequence of mankind evolution. Label all that is selfish.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It's ok because according to liberal think "you didn't build that" so we get to take credit for it:

I now understand how they came up with this list and actually think it is way too short.
edit on 5/24/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree with you generally its a political mudpiece of work, but give me a conservative list of what they have done for us...or we can debate this list line by line and see how accurate it really is...

Well no, I"m not going to put up a fake list of Conservative accomplishments, next to your fake one about liberal accomplishments and then try to figure out who is the biggest liar.

Does't seem very conducive to learning.

The issue at hand is that people actually think that ONE particular party did any of these things on their own. Which is ridiculous.

Mind you the whole two party thing didn't even exist before Reagan ran for president, the whole "It's not my party thing" if I remember correctly.

~Tenth
edit on 5/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Liberals and/or conservatives dont 'accomplish' things. People do.

Until people can accept that very simple fact, we will continue to circle the drain.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

After the stock market crashed in 29 there was a republican in the white house and America didn't elect another republican for president for 2 decades, so it was dems in control before during and after ww2 and they were liberals.

I knew what you were insinuating.

Why must we label everybody and then act like we are at a Football game.

This is our lives we are talking about. Our Freedoms, our future.

We are all in this together. We need to come together.

The government doesn't need any help keeping us divided.

Both sides....Stop drinking the Kool aid.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here's a weak effort....

GOP Accomplishments

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For unleashing political correctness upon the world the libers have done more harm than good.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
That's what they rely on....Dishonesty

Who's "they"? Liberals?

I just don't get how these labels do anything but divide.

Right. After you say that Liberals rely on dishonesty, you turn around and speak of how labels divide us??

Either you're a fan of your sports team and the other guys are crap. Or you don't buy the two-party, divide and conquer scenario. You can't have it both ways. You can't call liberals liars and then turn around and talk about how we all should work together.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
here's two that addictinginfo forgot to list....

Chairman Mao's Great Chinese Famine

Stalin's Holodomor

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I think they are taking credit for a lot of other people's work in this list....
150 takes the cake for me... modern civilization? ? Seriously?

I think there are some legitimate things on that list - I think the author might have been well-served to cut the list down to a more reasonable number and use items that are less disputed and have much evidence backing them up -

Civil Rights Act
Public Schools
Health Care Benefits

These are good examples of things I have seen examples of conservatives trying to pick at. I like the list, though. Lots on there. It is an interesting list to go off of in order to learn more about each of these things.
edit on 24pmSat, 24 May 2014 15:31:02 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)
edit on 24pmSat, 24 May 2014 15:31:39 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Not for the Civil Rights act...Source

The original House version:[19]
Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[20]
Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:[19]
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[19]
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Republicans voted in greater numbers than dems did

`Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
23. The Internet
46. The United States Military
55. Freedom of Speech
56. Freedom of Religion
57. Right to Due Process
58. Freedom of The Press
59. Right to Organize and Protest

Is this just a list of things that exist?

Well, I'm sure that some Republicans would like to thank liberals for taking credit for number 86, TARP.

Number 8. Direct election of Senators by the people. I'm not sure if history proves that we have better Senators, I don't know, I would like to see an argument to see if that's been a good idea or not.

I wish people would take #44 The Federal Reserve back. Please remove it from the list and from history.

And why would anybody take pride in being responsible for #74 the United Nations?

OMG, taking credit for the Declaration of Independence. Thomas Jefferson can not be so easily claimed. The Democratic-Republican party was created to oppose the Federalists and Alexander Hamilton, he fought against the National Bank that Alexander Hamilton put into place. You think that Jefferson would like number 44 on your list the Federal Reserve? I wouldn't be so sure. I think there are many things from both sides of the aisle that Jefferson would most likely agree and disagree with from the modern day point of view. Either side claiming Jefferson as their own? Come on.

Ok, I thought the last one was a reach, but 101. The founding of The United States of America? Ok, now this is some funny stuff. After seeing that, I don't need to go any further. I just want to say that I really do think that liberals have done a lot of good stuff over the years, and a lot of that stuff on the list is true. Some, I'm not sure about, others I think are funny, and still others I wish they would take back.

With that being said, I would like to take credit for
1. The concept of humility
2. Double stuffed Oreos...you're welcome
3. The Courtesy Flush
And my most important contribution to humanity
4. The Internet...oh wait, was that one already taken?
edit on 24-5-2014 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Where the people voting for it liberal or conservative?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You have claimed that WWII era Democrats were liberals and now you want to say that 1960's Republicans were liberals.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That question doesn't apply.

Liberals VS Conservatives.

Conservatives have championed more rights causes that democrats have, by party afiliation.

I'm not going to argue over individuals and their standings. They are part of the GOP= Conservation, they are part of the DNC = liberal.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You have claimed that WWII era Democrats were liberals and now you want to say that 1960's Republicans were liberals.

Judged by there actions not party.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Are there liberal Republicans today?

Are there conservative Democrats today?

Has this always been the status quo?

The civil rights act and 19th amendment seems very progressive to me.

edit on 24-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Are there liberal Republicans today?

Nope, they are all being primaried.

Are there conservative Democrats today?

There are right LEANING democrats.

The civil rights act and 19th amendment seems very progressive to me.

Ah, there's the difference.

Progressive does not mean Liberal. Not as it stands today. Progressive causes were championed by BOTH sides of the political spectrum because it was the right thing to do for the country.

That's the point I'm trying to make. You cannot ascribe any political accomplishment to any given party or any given political moniker such as liberal or conservative.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The people that voted for the civil rights act where liberal or conservative?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Is there liberal rep and conservative demo?
I would answer no to that, but maybe I just don't know enough?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join