page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
edit: ah nevermind misread your post.

edit on 27-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: misread post

I tend to think that effectively democrat/republican liberal/conservative have become meaningless labels today.

I'm a progressive, meanining(to me) I align myself along the political direction of the progressive movement, that sought, well.. progress, and better lives for the majority. Now not all of their policies were good, and I do not agree with all of their policies, but I see the direction as a worthy one.

Funny enough some people are convinced that "progressive" is synonymous with commmunist, which is laughable, as many communists loathed progressives, whome were seen (by the commmunists) as merely appeasing the proles just enough so they didn't overthrow the capitalists.
edit on 27-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Of course. Everyone thought we were on the verge of a mushroom cloud incident. They did what they thought was good for the country. A mistake is one thing, a lie to get oil is another.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Can you prove it was a lie? I think even the administration believed what they were selling. I was completely against the Iraq war and knew we would never find anything.

The fact you think it was for oil though shows where you're confused, and where what appears to be ignorance on you part may just be that confusion.

www.frontpagemag.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

a reply to: MOMof3

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't see a "maybe":
09/18/2002, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense (before Congress)
"We do know that the Iraqi regime has chemical and biological weapons. His regime has amassed large, clandestine stockpiles of chemical weapons -- including VX, sarin, cyclosarin and mustard gas. ... His regime has amassed large, clandestine stockpiles of biological weapons—including anthrax and botulism toxin, and possibly smallpox." (presentation to Congress)

Just could not cover it up anymore:
9/9/2008, Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve through 2005. (from The Age of Turbulence, p.463)
"I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."

The lie I really like:
01/10/2003, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"... something under $50 billion for the cost. How much of that would be the U.S. burden, and how much would be other countries, is an open question.”

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You poor uninformed soul. Greenspan was referring to how much power Sadaam had because of his oil:

www.cbsnews.com...

Notice how my article explaining his quote was a year before the tabloid you posted ran with their story. Yet it seems you stick to left propaganda and tabloids for your own edification, which is counter to the point of bettering one's self.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No, he "backtracked" because I am sure he got into big trouble for letting that one out of the bag.

You poor brainwashed kid.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Not at all, he said from the very beginning Saddam had too much power because of money from Oil. The quote you ate using is from Greenspan's book. Guess what it says right after that:

I think that it’s really about stability in the Gulf. It’s about rogue regimes trying to develop weapons of mass destruction. It’s about aggressive dictators. After all, Saddam Hussein launched wars against several of his neighbors. He was trying to develop weapons of mass destruction, certainly when we went in in 1991. So I think what we were going after was an aggressive dictator who was a destabilizing force in the entire region.

It was a quote taken out of context so the less smart people would get angry. So you fell for it hook line and sinker. Who's the brainwashed one? You apparently can't even read books or do any independent research outside of thedemocratscraprainbows.com

To be clear, I heavily opposed the Iraq war. I demonstrated against it. At least I know why it was fought.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

So from that statement, if Iraq did not have oil, we would not have bothered with Saddam. So it is still about the oil.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I found another list online... haven;t read through the whole thread but it appears that the list in the OP is laughable.

How's this one?
This is an American list.

Almost all of these large or innovative government programs were strenuously resisted by conservatives.

Panama Canal
Interstate Highway System
It wasn't Ike's idea. It was a liberal initiative begun in the '30s. Ike was a liberal.
Almost all of our Labor Laws (and All Child Labor laws)
The Marshall Plan
Environmental Laws
Freedom of Information Act
Workplace safety laws
The Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944" (a.k.a. "The GI Bill")
Social Security
The Space Program
Securities Act of 1933 & Most banking Regulations
The Peace Corps
Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA)
The Civil rights movement
Fight against Nazis, Fascism and Totalitarianism
(Wilson, FDR ,Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy were all liberals)
The Development and Deployment for the Internet (DARPA/HPCA)
The Tennessee Valley project
Women's right to vote
Universal Public Education
National Weather Service
National Science Foundation/Basic Scientific Research
Product Labeling/Truth in Advertising Laws
Public Health Service and CDC
Morrill Land Grant Act (land for State public Universities)
Rural Electrification
Public Universities
Bank Deposit Insurance
Earned Income Tax Credit
Family and Medical Leave Act
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Public Broadcasting
Hoover Dam Project
Pell Grants
Americans With Disabilities Act
State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
Ended Sexual Discrimination in the U.S. Miltary

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

It's already wrong considering Democratic-Republicans (The modern Republican Party) are the ones who brought about women's right to vote.

en.wikipedia.org...

Where do you people get this crap?

And the Space program? It was a republican (Taft) who started that and when he wanted to expand it democrats shot him down.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was finally moved forward by ANOTHER REPUBLICAN (Eisenhower)

en.wikipedia.org...

I think your list is only factoring in the moon landing which happened under JFK, but was already WELL under way when he took office. Lookup Project Mercury.

EDIT!!! HOLY MOLY!!! The fight against Nazi's was completely progressive? I guess the entire "Greatest generation" were progressive democrats.
edit on 28-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Uh, no, they didn't build that. Someone else built that.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

The civil rights act was the main attack from the right from the list I posted, I see your list has the civil rights movement.

People can't get there head around that decades ago if you were republican didn't mean you were conservative like it is today.

By the way they voted the greatest generation was clearly more liberal compared to today, as Nixon was the conservative we know as republicans today and I think we can thank the baby boomers for him.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah, what party was Bull Connor part of again?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Yeah, what party was Bull Connor part of again?

You should look up Strom Thurmond, liberal or conservative?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I rest my case.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

A progressive democrat.....oh wait, republican... Can't tell since he switched sides.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You are mixing the Civili Rights Act with the Voter Rights Act. Which WAS voted on and extended in 2006. Section 5 - basically still seeks to punish states (southern states, see map). The Lawsuits are designed to remove restrictions and penalties for states PREVIOUS voting history. So yeah, I all for this. in this Day in age, when many Ethnic peoples are successful, it needs to go.. all liberals talk about advancement and going ahead as a nation..it needs to go.. see SCOTUS BLOG. enjoy, and research before you start going half cocked.
What i do think is: this involves is that voting requirements are not uniform across the US (see sec. 4). section 5 is the enforcement of the whole thing.. time to end that portion.

Sources:
Section 4 outlines the states that this applies to library.clerk.house.gov...

Voting Rights Act Map: en.wikipedia.org...

Status of lawsuit: www.scotusblog.com...

edit on 28-5-2014 by displacedTexan because: fixed link

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join