learn more

150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is based on a older article but its still true today as it was the day it was posted. The term liberal is meant to be a insult thrown around by the right wing but lets look at this list and decide if liberal is such a bad thing.

1. The 40-hour work week.
2. Weekends
3. Vacations
4. Women’s Voting Rights
5. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
6. The right of people of all colors to use schools and facilities.
7. Public schools.
8. Child-labor laws.
9. The right to unionize
10. Health care benefits

150 Achievements of Liberals.....

I wouldn't mind seeing a list of what conservatives have achieved for the betterment of us all.
edit on 24-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat May 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortened huge quote

+19 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
I think they are taking credit for a lot of other people's work in this list....
150 takes the cake for me... modern civilization? ? Seriously?

+25 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Are all 150 of those things won without bi-partisan support?

Or are we just listing accomplishments by who was in power when the legislation was passed.

Either way, seems a bit intellectually dishonest don't you think?

It would be far more interesting to see a list of accomplishments that Liberals had with overwhelming opposition from Conservatives.

ETA From your source:

Some items on this list were indeed passed or created by Republicans, but that doesn’t make them conservative achievements.

Now that's pathetic. Sorry to say, and I"m not a classical liberal or conservative, but come on.

~Tenth
edit on 5/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
as a truly original "old school" conservative, i object to the use of fire. in the wrong hands it can cause big trouble... we should have never left the trees. new ideas are bad ideas. let nothing ever change.

oh and PS, how come your laws dont match up with my religion? it is CLEARLY the only good one...

+13 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

That's what they rely on....Dishonesty

I just don't get how these labels do anything but divide.

To claim anybody in DC has done anything except make themselves rich.

Is a joke....Really, OP is pulling our leg. Nobody could believe this list.

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

#107....

Ha ha ha!
Good one!
Shouldn't this be in the Joke Forum?

+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Considering the source even admits it's lying because some of those were put in place by Republican Presidents or by Republican Majorities with Democratic opposition, yeah..I'd say it's dishonest as hell.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Seriously, what has the aca done but give insurance more money. Hardly more honest and fair

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: butcherguy

Seriously, what has the aca done but give insurance more money. Hardly more honest and fair

Also Universal Healthcare was ALWAYS a conservative idea until Obama started talking about it.

ACA is almost the same as Romney Care and the plan that Gingrinch put forth in the 90's.

~Tenth

+3 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Is this list supposed to be a joke? If it isn't all I can say is wow! Yes the liberals totally won WWII all by themselves what a load of horse $%@#! Taking credit for other peoples hard work, typical liberal garbage.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow 150 items . Does that mean that all the others go to conservatives ? Op you forgot Al Gore inventing the internet ..ok so it's 151 ,no big deal .

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Wow 150 items . Does that mean that all the others go to conservatives ? Op you forgot Al Gore inventing the internet ..ok so it's 151 ,no big deal .

Nope, see #23, they already took credit for that..

Although I didn't know that signing a cheque made you an inventor.

~Tenth

+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Liberals won WW2 ?

That's a good one.

I have a couple of dead family members that might disagree.

But, they are not here. They are dead.

Why ? They were fighting for your Right to post this disrespectful list.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was getting a chuckle out of the op and didn't actually read the list .I am laughing my ass of now ..my bad for not reading the op completely .lol a reply to: tothetenthpower

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I've flagged the thread for hilarity.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It would be a shame to move it to the joke forum . It's just much funnier here lol a reply to: tothetenthpower

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't see those as liberal or conservative. Conservatives just like to move slower and think things through before jumping off a cliff. Now Liberals want change and jump without looking if they have a parachute.

Some liberal things that I do not agree with are fracking at the extent they are doing it. That is not a conservative thing to do. Now there is also greed tied to some conservatives. so lots of conservatives are traitors to their philosophy.

Using computers to the extent they are is a liberal thing, when in fact running a society on computers that can be hacked easily is not a good idea. It is the liberals ideas to jump then fix the messups later that are the problem. Like Obamacare. It is a mess. Having socialized medicine would be lots better. Now, a doctor who likes to help people will be satisfied with less money and less overall costs. The doctors who want to be millionaires quickly are not for the best interest of the patient. Liberal tends to try to get professionals more money, not exactly keep checking if illnesses are being cured.

I do not consider myself as either of these, I am just a man...or a mouse. I think a fair pay for a fair job is adequate. Liberals are dividing our country by actually increasing the difference between the people's wages. Difference based on education, not experience or willingness to work hard and efficiently.

We NEED conservatives to moderate the Liberals or this country will flop.
edit on 24-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I didn't fact check.
because I'm a evil liberal that agreed with most of the list.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

After the stock market crashed in 29 there was a republican in the white house and America didn't elect another republican for president for 2 decades, so it was dems in control before during and after ww2 and they were liberals.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree with you generally its a political mudpiece of work, but give me a conservative list of what they have done for us...or we can debate this list line by line and see how accurate it really is...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def