It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing, Horrifying Video Death of a Praying Mantis! Mysterious creatures that Haunt our World.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure i believe the Alien spin on this. Does anyone have more information on this issue? The Praying Mantis is also listed as Demonic in nature. The mind blowing video is below. I'm hoping the link works correctly. I want to add that I'm very unhappy that this insect was killed and hope no one attempts to do this.

Praying Mantis

1.) A Praying Mantis is an insect that is worshipped or revered in some cultures and despised in others. In the United States, folklore dictates that Praying Mantis are demons that can mimic human speech in order to trick people, as well as whose spit can cause blindness. They are also said to ride horses and other livestock to death, mush like the European lore of Fairies. It used to be a common held but incorrect belief that the bite from a Praying Mantis is lethal. There is a large amount of lore and superstition concerning the Praying Mantis, too much to go into detail here but in many cultures the Praying Mantis is either a trickster-spirit or another spirit in disguise, such as that of a Soothsayer. Surprisingly, much of the superstition about this insect implies it is rather good or is an omen of good luck and good fortune.

Praying Mantis In Culture: An episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer called Teacher's Pet, dealt with a giant Praying Mantis who could transform into a beautiful woman in order to seduce her pray, human male virgins.

Encyclopedia Of Superstitions, Folklore, And The Occult Sciences

2.) According to Abductees and Alien Abductee Researchers, Insect-Like Aliens, which resemble a Praying Mantis, are ultimately behind the Alien Abduction phenomena.
[snipped]

UFO*BC's Praying Mantis Index Page, Abduction
www.ufobc.ca...

A PRAYING MANTIS ACCOUNT - PART I
BY JIM G. WWW.UFOBC.CA...

What Happens Seconds After Praying Mantis Dies Is Mind-Blowing and Horrifying at the Same Time

A YouTube video, which looks like a scene out of a sci-fi movie, apparently shows an extremely creepy parasite vacating the body of a dead praying mantis.
Before we even attempt to describe what happens in this video, watch it for yourself below

It looks like a scene out of a sci-fi movie, apparently shows an extremely creepy parasite vacating the body of a dead praying mantis.
Before we even attempt to describe what happens in this video, watch it for yourself below:

As IFLScience.com notes, it appears that the parasite might be a horsehair worm or Nematomorpha:

[snipped]

www.youtube.com...=59

IMAGE LINK www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis/images/Mantis-II/mantis%20at%20nightv2.jpg
edit on 24-5-2014 by wonderworld because: To add comment

edit on Mon May 26 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He takes camera of the creature for no apparent good reason and then when he gets back to it, all hell broke loose. Also creature was other way around in first part then after "camera work" it as upside down.

Not buying the video as real but never know..

LE: Is this very common with mantis, same worm inside i mean? I know some parasites most likely luv to live on humans and other creatures so its not that weird really and those worms can grow quite large too. But that video looks faked to me.
edit on 24-5-2014 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Mind controlling parasites ^ above link

You will be surprised at how many people have parasites. Its not just a 3rd world country issue

90% of the worlds pop has them

That means YOU & ME ...

JUST SAYING ..

edit on 043121231543512th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like the Praying mantis had some sort of parasite.

Gross

edit on 24-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wonderworld

I know that the Praying Mantis of the terrestrial variety if intimidated won't back down to anything of any size, even us!

edit on 24-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Cool vid. Just wondering why he turns the camera away right before the worm emerges. Are we sure this is legit? How did the cameraman know this mantis was hosting? Do most/all manti host these things?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Cool vid. Just wondering why he turns the camera away right before the worm emerges. Are we sure this is legit? How did the cameraman know this mantis was hosting? Do most/all manti host these things?

Yes the are legit. There are other links on the net you can find to confirm it.

I think this stems back, no pun intended to ancient days and some current that the praying mantis was worshiped. I believe some wanted to be buried with these things bcause of the way they appear to die yet get reborn in to another life form.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Looks like the Praying mantis had some sort of parasite.

Gross

Some go a little beyond that idea....
I've also seen something about this on the Discovery channel.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I say FAKE! There is no way, the amount of worm that came out of it. The Mantis never moved. CGI in my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Yes i agree that we all have some sort of parasite in us; however I think they usually die with the host don’t they? I wouldn’t want this thing coming out of my carcass. Ewww!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wonderworld

Pretty sure it's a hair worm. They are a distant second place for creepy-crawly-evil in my opinion to cordyceps but they're still creepy, mind-control monsters.

Ugh...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: wonderworld

Yes i agree that we all have some sort of parasite in us; however I think they usually die with the host don’t they? I wouldn’t want this thing coming out of my carcass. Ewww!

No they dont die .. "Worm parasites " anyway ..

You have to do a parasitic cleanse .. Its disgusting.

You can find plenty of videos on YouTube about them it will blow your mind.

Its such a taboo topic that nobody wants to talk about.

But the truth is ...they are most likely living and breeding in your insteines right now.

Just because you can't see them does not mean they are not their.

I suggest researching a bit.

Peace LSH

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Praying Mantis are weird in many ways, after the female mates she eats the male. Like cannibalism. It also looks like she decapitates him in the process. Whooo! I never thought I'd be afraid of bugs until today. I feel bad for the guy bugs. It seems there would be a shortage of male suiters, unless they walk around with their heads missing.

I’m not in to Shamanism; however I have a brother in law who has 3 doctorate degrees and is a Shaman. A very well known one at that and has written a few books and also teaches it. My beliefs are Christian but in Shamanism the Praying Mantis is important.

They hold the secrets of materialization and dematerialization and teach perception through stillness. In dream symbols, a praying mantis is a telepathic symbol of Angels warning of hypnotic aggression from the "dark side". A praying mantis appearing may be a sign of Angelic protection. Becoming involved in situations where someone may lose their head, in one way or another.

The praying mantis has historically been a popular subject of mythology and folklore. In France people believed a praying mantis would point a lost child home.,Muslims believe that a praying mantis will point the way to Mecca. In Africa, the mantis was thought to bring good luck to whomever it landed on and even restore life to the dead. In China the praying mantis,is the symbol of the martial arts. European people believed they were worshipful of God since they always seemed to be praying. One legend tells that Saint Francis Xaviar called upon it to sing the praises of God and the mantis began to sing canticles. Of course, no discussion of the praying mantis would be complete without mentioning its most infamous "behavior". When relations between the male and female have reached their climax the female will often bite off the head of the male. Some males even require this decapitation in order to copulate. [Mantis Religiosa]

From whence arrived the praying mantis?
From outer space, or lost Atlantis?
I glimpse the grim, green metal mug
That masks this pseudo-saintly bug,
Orthopterous, also carnivorous,
And faintly whisper, Lord deliver us.
~Ogden Nash~

spiritwalkministry.com...

The eyes of praying mantises are being used by researchers and it turns out that this insect's vision is somewhat close to our own

Now it makes me wonder why I played with praying Mantis as a kid. I would constantly find them on tree branches and let them crawl up my arms. My brother did the same. Now that Ive read up on it it may be a good omen, so to speak but they have also been associated with evil. At the time it was just a bug. It still is basically; however now with more questions than answers.

Then I read this about never disturb a praying Mantis or you will have bad luck! I think I’m a lucky person and I’m not superstitious but from now on if I see one I’m not going to touch it. Just in case. That made no sense. See the Omen link below.

suite.io...

edit on 24-5-2014 by wonderworld because: Edit to add comment

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Many people do that cleanse you speak of but your right not many want to talk about it. Ive read it works though! I only eat Yogurt , that's as far as i want to go. Eating good bugs.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: wonderworld

Many people do that cleanse you speak of but your right not many want to talk about it. Ive read it works though! I only eat Yogurt , that's as far as i want to go. Eating good bugs.

Yogert ?? Never heard of that, i was under the impression that cloves and wormwood is proper for clensing .

Its crazy man , its not just a one time deal ,you have to clens for months .

At least twice a year . these things dont die easy man...

Creepy! No doubt !

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've heard eating 4 whole ripe jalapenos works for killing parasites, if you can stand the heat

I absolutely love jalapenos so it's no big deal for me..

BUT, has anyone else heard of this method and is it legit?

N/A

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think the thing that freaked me out the most on this video was the hand, or glove moving it around. That hand looks creepy!

With the glove on the hand and using some sort of pest control to kill the praying mantis also tells me that this was an experiment to show this parasite that infiltrates the praying mantis in this location. Otherwise why not just leave the praying mantis alone or crush it with your boot?

PS it also looks like this person was spraying more than one praying mantis in hopes maybe to find this parasite?
edit on 24-5-2014 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Let me know if this works. I don't know if I have a parasite, but after watching and reading this thread, I'm ready to eat 4 jalapeno's just to make sure! I'm really creped out now.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins
Let me know if this works. I don't know if I have a parasite, but after watching and reading this thread, I'm ready to eat 4 jalapeno's just to make sure! I'm really creped out now.

I went through the same thing...

YouTube
Paracitic cleanse..

That should help

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't know why anyone would intentionally kill a mantis. They are beautiful creatures and great to have in the garden. I've bought eggs and hatched them for pest control. I'll avoid elaborating on the subject of alien mantids for the time being, but they do exist, and there were little guys wearing hooded robes with it. And, yeah, that worm was a freaking trip.
edit on 25-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: sentence added

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join