It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Men Fan walks on ceiling w Magnetic shoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think this is kinda' neat. A creative tech men named Colin Furze has made electro magnetic shoes to allow people to immitate Magneto from X-Men. In fact, he's started a web series where he attempts different X-Men powers for the real world.

How did he do it? Furze experimented with some weak electromagnets, finding that they weren’t strong enough to hold up his body weight. He mentions in a tutorial video that factory-made magnets are a bit too expensive for his taste, so he’d need a cheaper, or even free, alternative. Furze, being the efficient, industrious man that he is, happens to know that the transformer from an old microwave can be turned into a strong electromagnet. After some light welding turning his old sneakers into magnetic kicks, he’s ready to experiment. Lo and behold, it works.

There are still some industrious types out there. This video is a bit uplifting and it reminds me of my childhood when I used to dream big. What says, ATS?

www.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah, if you go to Colin Furze youtube channel, you'll see tons of other whacky things he has invented, such as the turboque, and a pulse jet bicycle along with a bunch of other crazy stuff. The dude is insane, but a genius.

I'll link a couple vids for ya.

edit on 5/24/2014 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

"The transformer from a microwave oven can be used as a powerful electro-magnet". Hm, I got to write this down.

Thanks for the post! It's cool to see science employed into having fun instead of waging petty wars.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Have you ever seen someone that was a genius but on the verge of insanity too? He is defiantly this type of person lol but I like it!!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: lostbook

"The transformer from a microwave oven can be used as a powerful electro-magnet". Hm, I got to write this down.

Thanks for the post! It's cool to see science employed into having fun instead of waging petty wars.

But then don't you need to redo your ceilings in metal?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Woe unto the foolish soul who manages to piss this dude off. He'll end up crafting something twice as worse than your puny automatic rifle. Just for you. Flip a swotch and blow your house and the surrounding acres up.

God bless him.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I am truly humbled...
It never occurred to me to put a turbo on a grill....
Cook burgers and forge weld steel in the same process!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Indeed.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This guy is going to be massively popular. How long has he been doing this now I wonder.

He plays the role of mad scientific genius to a T.

What a character.

This is what youTube should be about....

Star and flagged

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's nice to see that innovative minds still exist. Even with the media's pseudo mind-control over the populous to tell us we're nothing without certain products, this guy is making his own way and thinking for himself.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
It's nice to see that innovative minds still exist. Even with the media's pseudo mind-control over the populous to tell us we're nothing without certain products, this guy is making his own way and thinking for himself.

Yes he seems to have a lot of time on his hands to copy cartoon inventions, wonder if he pays for all the stuff. The hand weapons sure look as useful as his walking on the ceiling shoes. Well guess he is having fun.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: lostbook

Yes he seems to have a lot of time on his hands to copy cartoon inventions, wonder if he pays for all the stuff. The hand weapons sure look as useful as his walking on the ceiling shoes. Well guess he is having fun.

you sound like someone squeezed the fun and joy out of not only your childhood but even your adult life. Sometimes the need to create has no other purpose than to exist.

new topics

top topics

join