It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NM Governor calls for Roswell Disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I heard this on CNN earlier (Anderson Cooper 360 conspiracy week), it sounds to me like the governor of New Mexico is calling for a full disclosure for any materials pertaining to the Roswell incident.

CNN Transcript
In July 1947 an object crashed in the Roswell desert. The government said it was a weather balloon, but witnesses claim it was something extraterrestrial.
And according to a recent Zogby poll, 33 percent of Americans believe the witnesses and say that government officials covering up a spaceship crash and now a powerful politician has said all the facts should be known.

TUCHMAN: But with worldwide claims of UFOs numbers in the tens of thousands in recent decades, there are many who still have question, including New Mexico's Governor Bill Richardson who tells CNN he is seeking a full disclosure of any and all materials relating to the incident at Roswell, New Mexico.

So, if Richardson gets his way and there is a disclosure (which I highly doubt), will this finally end all the arguing about what really happened at Roswell or simply spark more debate at whether the government made up false information for the disclosure? In my opinion, they won't release the truth if any action is taken at all. Whatever might be released will most likely just cause more debate.

Note: I don't think that Richardson asking for this is a bad thing at all, in fact I fully support the idea of a disclosure (who doesn't?). It's just that, IMO, they'll just hand out false information.

Edit: quote isn't working

[edit on 30-11-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Excellent, someone with the balls to question again this issue. My guess is that he will be taken to the side however and be told to drop the effort if he wishes to continue being the Governor, or continue to enjoy life and live it quietly....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
Excellent, someone with the balls to question again this issue. My guess is that he will be taken to the side however and be told to drop the effort if he wishes to continue being the Governor, or continue to enjoy life and live it quietly....

Probably, I'm sure everyone thinks he's crazy or messed up now, so unfortunately, a full disclosure may not be very likely

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't know if it's the same person, but hasn't there already been NM governers requesting the sme thing? I'm sure the result will be the same...NO SOUP FOR YOU!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I like how the NM governor is asking for full disclosure... but I doubt that we will get any true information from the government.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Actually, Governor Richardson is a decent guy with his head screwed on pretty straight. (although I�m biased because he is a friend of the family
)

I hope this pans out and he isn�t suddenly at the center of a new and despicable scandal or die in a mysterious plane crash.

bg

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I like how the NM governor is asking for full disclosure... but I doubt that we will get any true information from the government.

Probably not, but it's still great that someone in politics has the guts to stand up and ask for the truth for all the citizens. Now we just need some people like this in Congress and the presidency

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Taken from Richardson's official Bio:

Governor Richardson served for 15 years in northern New Mexico representing the 3rd Congressional District. Governor Richardson served in 1997 as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, and in 1998, he was unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate as Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy. Governor Richardson was nominated four times (1995, 1997, 2000, and 2001) for the Nobel Peace Prize.

www.governor.state.nm.us...

The guy has a hell of a pedigree. I think that it's great that someone of this stature is calling for a full disclosure, as this is no longer a topic for "fringe elements" to discuss but can be moved towards mainstream discussion.

Sadly, if much of what we read and hear is true, it won't matter. It seems from articles and books that I've read over the years that the areas of our intelligence body that deal with this sort of thing don't answer to anyone, even the President or CIA Director(whom they see as temporary fixtures). To get people that to come clean about anything must be a hell of a task and I don't know if it will happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
~Yup...nice,like youve already said to see a guy with the crystals to stand up and ask for this disclosure but i think we all know the answer?

Its never going to happen,no goverment,especially the U.S is going to be seen to have lied and covered up something like roswell for so long,it wouldnt matter if "GOD" himself came down and asked for it,were never going to know!

Well thats what i think anyway but it cant do any harm by keeping it on the back burner eh?

Regards!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's a nice gesture, but I think it'll matter little in anything other than the principle of the matter.

I'd like to think it will "blow wide open", but it won't.

Still nice though.

X

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Power to the guy for having the guts to stand up and face ridicule...

Good on ya!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OK, so this thread started 2 weeks ago, and actually Gov. Richardson made these statements a month or so before the election. So that puts it back to about 2 months. And still nothing.

There's no news stories about Richardson pushing on this one either. He put it out there, which gets his name in the news, and then he'll dig it up again when needed to get a little more attention.

Speaking of digging things up, he also had Billy the Kid and his mom dug up so they could confirm that the body in the grave was that of Billy the Kid.

Richardson seems to be quite the fan of conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thats surprising.. I noticed in the article that the poll concluded only 33% of Americans believed the witnesses. So maybe the government feels that disclosure is not needed if the rest of Americans believe the fabricated story about the weather balloon.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes it's great that he is asking but they will either tell him that there is no other information than what they have already said.

Or, go fly a kite....

My opinoin of course.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

don't know if it's the same person, but hasn't there already been NM governers requesting the sme thing? I'm sure the result will be the same...NO SOUP FOR YOU!

You are correct sir!

An AZ senator (Barry Goldwater) likewise pushed for disclosure as well...still no dice...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r

I'll bet the government will tell old fat Bill whatever he wants to know as soon as he hands over those missing hard drives from Los Alamos (you know, when he was Energy secretary). Richardson's one claim to fame is he can spot a loser, hence his preemptive move to strike himself from the potential VP list in the 2004 election.

top topics

join