It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard about this Savior?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You got it!!
Well done!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: undo

Where did Enki and Enlil come from? Aliens?

possibly. i don't sweat the small stuff. whether aliens or interdimensionals, is irrelevant from my perspective at this point, until someone can give me a good reason to see it differently
edit on 24-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: rickymouse

You got it!!
Well done!

welllll, not exactly. since we can trace the information to the first known writings, which themselves hint to an even older culture that apparently didn't survive the ice age cataclysm, i would say we have one strong line of information, followed by various offshoots.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: godlover25

How about you learn how paganism tried to stamp out Christianity for three centuries, and then God converted the Emperor who then turned a pagan world into a Christian world,

You have it backwards. It was Christianity that tried (and still tries) to stamp out the prior 'paganism'. It still exists.

These are not "lies", they are recorded - and well before Jesus, who was, after all, just 'another guy like the other guys.'

Sorry it offends your sensibilities, but it's time to come to grips with the common denominator.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

God promised a seed through the woman to crush the serpents head

And he was - HERCULES (Herakles)!!

Herakles: According to Greek legend, Herakles was the son of Zeus by a mortal woman of noble lineage, whose name was Alcmene. Zeus's vengeful wife, Hera, attempted to kill the infant Herakles by placing serpents in the cradle where he and his twin brother slept. But Herakles strangled the snakes, thus saving himself and his twin.

In addition to semi-divine parentage and birth in difficult circumstances, another common feature of the lives of demi-gods is that they encounter ignominy or great misfortune, which they must either overcome before death or resolve through death. After he was grown and married, Herakles was struck with a deadly madness and, mistaking his own wife and children for those of a bitter enemy, he killed them. It was in atonement for this terrible crime that he performed the twelve superhuman labors that rid the world of terrifying monsters and brought new security to the world's inhabitants.

I believe there is also a legend that Jesus had a twin, or at least a look-alike brother, too. Isn't there?
Pretty sure there is.
He was supposedly the one crucified, according to some schools of thought.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

How about you learn how paganism tried to stamp out Christianity for three centuries, and then God converted the Emperor who then turned a pagan world into a Christian world,

You have it backwards. It was Christianity that tried (and still tries) to stamp out the prior 'paganism'. It still exists.

These are not "lies", they are recorded - and well before Jesus, who was, after all, just 'another guy like the other guys.'

Sorry it offends your sensibilities, but it's time to come to grips with the common denominator.

this is incorrect. it is true, pagan rome tried to stamp out the hebrew messiah thing, and for good cause (wait till you hear why).

jesus' birth name in egyptian was esu. he was the son of cleopatra and heir to the thrones of egypt, rome and israel. he had a huge target painted on him by the romans of his time, particularly the gentlemen who murdered his original earthly father, julius caesar. cleo sent him off on the silk route to save his life which eventually deposited him in israel, with cleo's jewish relatives (line of ptolemy from king david). it is claimed that octavius eventually killed him but i believe this is incorrect and probably one of the bigger cover ups in history.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

welllll, not exactly.

Yes, exactly. For the purposes of this game, anyway.
I am fully aware that many others (including emperors and kings) were thought to have such powers as well, and that regionally these figures had different names. You are correct in that part - it goes back to before recorded history...the same tale spun over and over.

BTW, have you heard of 'Satya Sai Baba'? Raised the dead, walked on water, etc and so on and also and so forth.
He was wrong about when he would die, though.

And he's a 20th century guy!

edit on 5/24/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

welllll, not exactly.

Yes, exactly. For the purposes of this game, anyway.
I am fully aware that many others (including emperors and kings) were thought to have such powers as well, and that regionally these figures had different names. You are correct in that part - it goes back to before recorded history...the same tale spun over and over.

BTW, have you heard of 'Satya Sai Baba'? Raised the dead, walked on water, etc and so on and also and so forth.
He was wrong about when he would die, though.

And he's a 20th century guy!

no, not exactly. the difference is not whether others can or do exhibit or have exhibited, powers over life and death, but over who created the homo sapiens species, and why. and what is the whole point of the battle between the forces of light and dark and all that jazzola.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I got that wrong, he did have a single snake staff.

But the staff of medicine in the USA is the staff of commerce, not the staff of healing. They actually flaunt the fact that medicine is big business here in America yet most people are so naive they can't comprehend it.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

very good try!!

Sarapis, like the Greek god Zeus, with whom he was often identified, represented a divine majesty of universal scope, encompassing rulers and nations. But Isis was a savior and protector in a far more personal way. Gradually assimilating the most important characters and attributes of a number of goddesses native to Greece, her benefactions became virtually without limits.

You know more than I do, of that I've been sure for some time. When I was first looking into ancient mythology, I bought tons of books about many different cultures.

As undo correctly states, there are variations from place to place and culture to culture.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I got that wrong, he did have a single snake staff.

But the staff of medicine in the USA is the staff of commerce, not the staff of healing. They actually flaunt the fact that medicine is big business here in America yet most people are so naive they can't comprehend it.

yeah that's correct. ever see the old mesopotamian version?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

very good try!!

Told ya I didn't cheat

edit on 24-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
vid about difference between staff of asclepius and staff of commerce (caduceus) .

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I feel that the savior archetype shows up because of two main driving factors. The first is the concept that while we can accomplish great things alone, a savior does this for everyone. It raises everybody, which is something that is seemingly impossible to do on our own. And in a way, it is impossible because such a thing requires a conscious choice by those presented with the opportunity. The choice is whether or not to participate.

In other words, the normal person feels powerless. In this case, instead of attempting to affect change ourselves, we create an archetype that will do it for us.

The second is that this concept can be used as a tool to control. If, as a leader, one wishes to maintain the status quo, then we could make use of it and essentially nip it in the bud. If you make the people feel they are not only incapable of enacting sweeping positive change, but completely unworthy of it even if they could.. Then the majority will comply without even knowing it.

It is a very, very powerful concept in this world. As such, it is likely to manifest in many cultures.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

the difference is not whether others can or do exhibit or have exhibited, powers over life and death, but over who created the homo sapiens species, and why.

This thread was not intended to get to The Source. It was a little fun quiz about a particular healing/savior god - Asclepius.
You won, so why are you trying to argue???

I don't know what created us. No one does.
THAT is why this never-ending riddle never ends. Ya know.
I'm cool with Ancient Alien theory, btw.

But since you brought it up - there have been MANY persons (both real and imagined/mythological) with the same attributes as Jesus - and he himself is reported to have said that any of us can do what he did.

OBVIOUSLY, many DID .... before, and after him.
So - in that regard, I'm sticking to my own theory that we are ALL part of The Source - fractals of the Divine.
Mmkay?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It was a copper or bronze snake moses was told to hold over head so the people could look at it to be healed. There is actually a whole world to that.

The bronze? serpent is a repeating theme in healing arts.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

ah i see, well i'm going with the theory that enki created clones of the elohim, who were the previous inhabitants who escaped the ice age cataclysm. these clones were known as the adam, but they weren't humans yet-- they were elohim copies (whatever that was). and then later, he added procreation to some of the clones, which resulted in homo sapiens. enlil, who was the owner of the planet, didn't want eternally regenerative procreators on his garden planet, so he demanded before the divine council that human dna be nerfed. and that is the fall narrative.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I watched Tracing your Ancestors through History and the author brings into the talk how the first Gods were actually parents . He does make a good case for it but he also shows how some of the names in the table can be tracked to the names of the tribes of natives in North America ..

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

It was a copper or bronze snake moses was told to hold over head so the people could look at it to be healed. There is actually a whole world to that.

The bronze? serpent is a repeating theme in healing arts.

yeah. sitchin claimed the dna symbol of entwined serpents or a serpent wound rod, were references to enki as the life scientist who created humans, and this also made him the serpent in the garden. i think he is partially right.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Does factual history hurt your feelings or something? Seems to me that your beliefs are built on sand and storms are coming. Don't be mad at the storms if they wash the sand away, build a better foundation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join