It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard about this Savior?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
And today there are many many gods but only one true God . a reply to: AfterInfinity

So these "many many gods" are not true gods? Just pretenders? Then why call them gods? And where did they come from? Why are they allowed to continue existing? Why do we not acknowledge them?

I get the feeling we are treading deep within speculative territory here.
edit on 24-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

i just did.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I think the point here - and I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am, OP - is that the whole "savior" thing is by no means an original work. "Saviors", "saints", "miracle workers" and "demigods" are a very old concept that no culture or mythology has any kind of monopoly on. So any group or person claiming a monopoly, an "exclusive right" to such concepts, is full of crap.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The subject is much older than any modern religion or philosophy. If you really wanted to, we could trace it all the way back to Sumeria and Mesopotamia. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: AfterInfinity That info was posted in the first vid I put up .

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So these "many many gods" are not true gods? Just pretenders? Then why call them gods? And where did they come from? Why are they allowed to continue existing? Why do we not acknowledge them?
a reply to: AfterInfinity That info was also in one of the first set of vids I posted .

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

I think the point here - and I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am, OP - is that the whole "savior" thing is by no means an original work. "Saviors", "saints", "miracle workers" and "demigods" are a very old concept that no culture or mythology has any kind of monopoly on. So any group or person claiming a monopoly, an "exclusive right" to such concepts, is full of crap.

it goes all the way back, is my point. the thing is much older than asclepius. i think it's more of an egyptian thing, to be honest. but this is based on my theory that the sumerian enki is jesus' ancient name. i see the name enki, which means lord earth (as in clay) is a reference to him being the creator of the adam, which i think means he was also known as the egyptian atum (his creations were named after him in egypt, however in sumer, his creations were known as the alulim (see the sumerian king's list)). remember noah's son, ham, reinhabited egypt and he would've taken the sumerian pre-black sea flood, information with him. the two similar but linguistically divergent stories from the egyptian and mesopotamian equivalents, were eventually coalesced by moses, into the comprehensive version found in torah, otherwise known as the deutorcanonical texts or the first five books of the old testament

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I'm looking for a condensed version. You know, three to five sentences. Or is that an unreasonable request?

ETA: Oh, and the video you referred me to? An excerpt for the benefit of those reading the thread: "But due to the unbelief of science, they have created a mythical stone age several millenia back in time to account for the evidence [of Noah's family populating the Middle Eastern region]..." This is why I didn't watch your video. The Stone Age is apparently a myth, according to your sources. So let's try that condensed version now, eh? Maybe in your own words?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In short after the fall God promised a seed through the woman to crush the serpents head .The serpent was a fallen angel who had a following given a promise by Satan that they would be worshiped like God . They are the entities behind the idols getting the worship . Many fallen angels equals many false gods a reply to: AfterInfinity

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

...Okay, I think I'm done asking you questions. I should have known I wouldn't get any factual answers. And forget about the condensed version, I don't think I'm interested in the content of any of your videos.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: godlover25

I think the 4th century Saint John Chrysostom and the 2nd century Saint Justin Martyr have the answers you're looking for, but since you're not looking for answers, only trying to slander the Lord, you won't learn, you'll just continue on in your prideful ignorance....

Prideful ignorance? Heresy? How is something that is a story/legend from 400 years before Jesus a heresy?
And how has it been 'squashed'?

I see you aren't able to answer the question.

BZZZZZ.
Next contestant?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
enki, also known as ea, pronounced ayah. add hebrew pre-fix H or Ha= hayah who is jehovah.
in egypt, it was found on the end of god names, in the suffix -AH or -IAH,and the biblical texts it was found on the end of various patriarch names
for example

isaiah
jeremiah
ptah

they say the -iah means moon, but i disagree. enlil was the sumerian moon god, not enki.
enki is the life giver, the ankh

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm not sure we'll ever be able to nail a complete line from the first "gods" to the latest in this extensive game of telephone spirituality.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

ETA: "But due to the unbelief of science, they have created a mythical stone age several millenia back in time to account for the evidence [of Noah's family populating the Middle Eastern region]..." This is why I didn't watch your video. So let's try that condensed version now, eh?
a reply to: AfterInfinity well today most studies as to where modern man comes from is in the area we call Turkey .Weather modern husbandry or metal furnaces that is where they come from .Noah's ark is said to have been in the area buy older historians and there may be legitimate reasons to believe that it's there . Like quantum mechanics unless the person wants to learn about the phenom they are left with believing something that cant be explained but has to believed in order to continue their studies . What they know about it makes many of them very uncomfortable about the truth of reality because it goes against our better judgement .

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
case in point (does this not look like a stylized jesus on the cross? i think so and that makes it the serpent in the tree or the serpent wound staff raised by moses to bring healing to the people. connect the dots. )

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

DING DING DING!!! We have winner!!

Semeramis and Serapis and Isis are good tries - and I trust jmdewey figured it out.

Asclepius!!! Good on you, undo!! (I'd noticed you are very well-read on the ancient cultures.)

And just in case anyone claiming those of us who relay information like this are 'heretics' - the source is PBS.
You know - the Public Broadcasting System. Who brought us things like Nova and Sesame Street and Adult Math and so forth. Not COMMERCIAL media, or COMMERCIALIZED 'pastors.'

edit on 5/24/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

I'm not sure we'll ever be able to nail a complete line from the first "gods" to the latest in this extensive game of telephone spirituality.

enki created the elohim copies known as the adam
enki created humans by giving the elohim copied adam, procreation
enlil decreed the nerfing of the human genome because he didn't want procreative humans retaining elohim regenerative bodies.
enlil decred the flood
enki warned the sumerian noah about it.
enki also confused the languages at babel (see the namshub of enki) to stop enlil's world order

and this is just the parts we are allowed to know. the rest can only be painstakingly extracted from comparative analysis of the texts of neighboring cultures.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Where did Enki and Enlil come from? Aliens?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think that would be Apollo's son. He was taken down by Zeus because he wasn't supposed to be profiting by his healing. I think he had the staff of Commerce as his staff...gotten from Hermes.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I think the point here - and I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am, OP - is that the whole "savior" thing is by no means an original work. "Saviors", "saints", "miracle workers" and "demigods" are a very old concept that no culture or mythology has any kind of monopoly on.

That, my friend, is precisely the point!!

Now that we have a winner, shall we look at the source material?
Religion in The Roman World
An essay by Marianne Bonz describing the myriad of religious options available in the Roman Empire.

MIRACLES AND HEALING IN THE ROMAN WORLD
In Matthew's gospel, Jesus' birth is heralded by the heavenly portent of a star rising in the East, which guides certain wise men (or astrologers) who travel from a distant land to Bethlehem to see the future king (Matt 2:1-2). In all of the gospels Jesus performs numerous healings, and on several occasions he even brings the dead back to life. And in the Book of Acts, a vision of the risen Jesus appears to Saul on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:1-7). As a result of this encounter, Saul is converted and eventually becomes Paul, who devotes the rest of his life to the service of Christ.

Although all of these religious claims seem remarkable to the modern reader, none of them would have astounded the average citizen of the early Roman empire. Stories of heavenly portents, miraculous healings, mystical visions, and even resurrections were told about a number of demi-gods or heroes. In fact, a number of supernatural phenomena were even attributed to certain philosophers and emperors.

So, especially in Jesus's time, these claims were very common. LOTS of mortals and 'demi-gods' and others had the same feats attributed to them.

Miracles: In the first century of the common era, renowned men could also be credited with having performed miracles. The popular emperor Vespasian (the former Roman general who had befriended the Jewish historian Josephus during the First Jewish Revolt) was credited with having performed several miracles. According to stories recorded by the Greek historians Dio Cassius and Tacitus, Vespasian worked several healing miracles, while visiting the shrine of Sarapis in Egypt. Among these miracles, Vespasian is credited with healing a blind man and restoring another man's crippled hand (Tacitus Histories 4.81).

But miraculous powers were not limited to emperors, or even to people from the empire's social and political elite. Miracles were a sign of a special relationship between the gods and particular individuals. People who were thought to possess great wisdom or virtue were also frequently credited with performing miracles.

One interesting example of a wonder-working, itinerant philosopher is that of Apollonius of Tyana. Apollonius was a late first-century follower of the famous Greek philosopher, Pythagoras, whom some believed had become a god. Having renounced his possessions and worldly position in virtuous pursuit of divine wisdom, Apollonius was reputed to have led a disciplined and rigorously ascetic life.

According to his later biographer, Philostratus, Apollonius possessed extraordinary gifts, including innate knowledge of all languages, the ability to foretell the future, and the ability to see across great distances. Apollonius's possession of divine wisdom also endowed him with the ability to heal the sick and demon-possessed, and Philostratus narrates the miraculous quality of a number of these cures and exorcisms.

What all of these stories of wonder workers have in common is that (in contrast to magic, which is performed by charlatans for personal profit) miracles are performed by exceptional human beings, in the service of a god, for the good of other people.

Visit the link for more information about emperors and demi-gods and gods and goddesses who were also thought of as miracle-workers, seers, divine channelers, etc.

Well done everybody!!

edit on 5/24/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think that would be Apollo's son. He was taken down by Zeus because he wasn't supposed to be profiting by his healing. I think he had the staff of Commerce as his staff...gotten from Hermes.

no, the staff of commerce is two snakes. the original serpent wound staff was one snake. this reference does not mean 1 god or 2 gods. it's a reference to genetics.
evidence the ancient elites knew stuff, way before the modern day elite were willing to share the data with the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join