It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking ...Fatal Gun Attack at Jewish Museum Belgium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not much info as the news is just breaking but reports of at least three people dead and one seriously wounded in the Belgian capital Brussels.
Gun crime is not limited to the U.S

Belgian broadcaster RTBF said the shooting had taken place inside as well as outside the museum.

Belgian Deputy Prime Minister Didier Reynders, who was one of the first people to arrive at the scene, said he was shocked by the attack and was thinking of the victims.

The gunman fled in a car, Het Laatste Nieuws website reported, and a number of people were treated for shock after the shooting in the central Sablon area of the city.
www.bbc.co.uk...

BBCMatthewPrice: Belgian foreign minister says he's shocked by murder INSIDE Jewish museum. He saw the bodies. My friends saw bodies OUTSIDE.

Robert Nisbet , Sky News : Police still securing site near Jewish Museum in Sablon area of #brussels where 3 people were shot dead and one seriously injured.

Bystander says bodies just inside the doors of the museum.

edit on 24-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First footage from the scene , reports two women and one man killed, gunman still at large.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
But nobody in Belgium is allowed to own guns without special permission which is nearly impossible to get, even hunters. The few that are permitted are tightly regulated, registered and given thorough background checks.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Humanity needs a reset.

May the victims rest in peace.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yup, there are crazy people everywhere.

What I like about Europe is that it's quite rare for them to be able to get their hands on guns.
It's just so complicated, that in most cases, the rage/madness has time to boil over.

Shame things went differently here, but I suppose that there is no thing as a perfect world.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
But nobody in Belgium is allowed to own guns without special permission which is nearly impossible to get, even hunters. The few that are permitted are tightly regulated, registered and given thorough background checks.

Just get a sport shooting license and you can own guns and ammo in your house

You got to shoot regulary in a shooting club to maintain your license and allow inspection of your storage (guns and ammo locked seperatly in a vault) once a year in your house.
A friend of mine lost his license because of a house search, leo found a switchblade and a retractable baton.
Bye bye license

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I got a feeling it will be a "Muslim" shooter.....

Sad really...

Hope I am wrong ..

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

You mean gun laws don't stop criminals?? Say it ain't so.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They had a suspect, but released him as they think he was just a witness.
Security measures increased for the jewish community.

About our gun policy :
It took a journalist 6 hours in 2010 to buy a AK47 and a 9mm pistol in Brussels in broad day light

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: drneville

I just wanted to say that it isn´t that hard at all to obtain a gun (or any other kind of weapon) here in Europe. It´s just hard to get a registered weapon.

As for the shooting, do we have any background of the victims? Last week a top underground figure here in the Netherlands was shot down and killed in, what could only be discribed as, a profesional manner. Three masked men opened fire on the victim in the middle of the street with numerous witnesses around.

We do not get shootings like that every day over here but when they happen usually within days other people are gunned down in the same fashion. Maybe somebody had a score to settle....

Peace
edit on 25-5-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Here´s a few more details from various belgian newssites...

-Victims were two Israeli tourists in there 50´s and an employee of the museum. One victim, also an employee of the museum, is still in critical condition.

-Shooter was dropped of by an Audi which left the scene after dropping of the shooter.(some news sources report that the shooter was dropped of and left in the same car) Licence plate was caught on camera.

-Police are assuming it was an antisemetic hate crime but still have to little information to draw any conclusions.

Some newspapers are talking about the victims as being two men and one woman, others are reporting two woman and one man.

Peace

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Sad really...

Hope I am wrong ..

Funny how that assumption automatically comes to mind. But don´t forget, election time is coming up in Belgium and some people would benefit from this kind of thinking...

In my world of conspiracy-thinking it would equally be possible that some extreme right political organization ordered this "hit" in an attempt to boost nationalistic sentament.

Peace

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Obviously gun crime is not limited to the U.S.

But in the U.S. we have these types of crimes daily

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

But in the U.S. we have these types of crimes daily

Because guns are freely available and part of your culture.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Sad really...

Hope I am wrong ..

Funny how that assumption automatically comes to mind. But don´t forget, election time is coming up in Belgium and some people would benefit from this kind of thinking...

In my world of conspiracy-thinking it would equally be possible that some extreme right political organization ordered this "hit" in an attempt to boost nationalistic sentament.

Peace

Just curious , why do you think that's funny ?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

It's just funny how people think/assume...

The incident has, so far, no connection to anything Muslim but most automatically assume it does.

People in power utilize such think-patterns to manipulate masses...

Peace

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

It's just funny how people think/assume...

The incident has, so far, no connection to anything Muslim but most automatically assume it does.

People in power utilize such think-patterns to manipulate masses...

Peace

I fully agree with what your saying.

I dont think however i peojected my orginal message properly .

I was saying "i got the feeling it will be a Muslim shooter" in sort of a sarcastic tone because here in the USA it would have most likely been blamed on Muslims ...

Also understand that I my self am Muslim , and I spend countless hrs in debate trying to educate people and show them extremists Muslims ideology is not what Islam teaches.

Forgive me for the misunderstanding..

Humbly

LSH

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Ahh okay.....I'm bit slow on the sarcasm since it's Sunday morning here and my coffee quotum is yet to be reached.

Peace

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

That was the second thing that came to my mind when I first read about this case, the first being some kind of personal revenge.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Who's to say? Many of the mass murder shooters in America have been jewish(Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Lanza, etc.)

So who's to say that this guy wasn't catholic or atheist?

My point is, wait for the evidence.

These shootings seem to be intensifying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join