It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Living Person In America 115

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yesterday Jeralean Talley had her birthday she is 115 years old. After reading about her I got to thinking...would I want to live that long? Right now I am undecided.

She is not in a nursing home...her daughter lives with her and helps to take care of her. She is still mobile with the help of a walker.

Links: www.abc15.com...

www.newser.com...

So...my question's to ATS are...would you want to live that long? If so...why? Or...why wouldn't you want to live that long?

edit on 24-5-2014 by caladonea because: Add More

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

As a believer I believe you do not to before your time or if you do then it is like a waiting room, the spiritualists will understand but if her mind (I assume this lady is still sharp) and living witness is somehow importand and her children need her then she may still have a purpose even as old as she is.
I personally think she is wonderful and admire her as only a strong determined spirited person could weather so much of the past and yet for her seeing her family and many generation's of it must be wonderful as well as sad, she does the remembering now for an entire generation whom have gone.
God bless her and her Daughter whom must be a lovely person in an age when most younger generations regard the previous as disposable people once they have served there time and may she set an example for many others to come.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Some people float away, pass in their sleep, go quietly into that good night. Some cling to their body, regardless of ill health or dilapidation.

This lady that lived next door was 94 years old before she finally gave it up. She suffered from episodes of swooning at the end that caused her to fall over and get horribly injured, with hematomas and broken bones, followed by long convalescent periods of healing. Then she would reappear, pushing her walker along and everyone would wince when she appeared unsteady, waiting for her to face plant again.

She insisted on taking these walks, no matter what anyone said. I used to follow her around walking my dog, kind of keeping an eye on her. At the end, just before she passed, she was gathering rocks with her walker from the neighbor hood and piling them up in her front yard. Just gathering rocks and piling them up.

They are still there, a large pile of stones in the front yard that nobody has bothered to move.

The impression I got was she wanted to cling to the physical world as long as possible, no matter what. Kind of hard on her family and friends, though.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I really like the way you view this woman. She is fortunate she has many family members who celebrate her and care about her; she still has a home of her own. Many of the elderly are hidden away in nursing homes and no one seems to care about them.

top topics

join