It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have been, (and still am actually), attracted to a wide variety of professions. The only one that stemmed from real passion though, and that kept coming back even when I was training to be something else entirely, was becoming an author.

So that's what I am now.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
A, now own goats and make goodies from goats milk.

do you make goats milk yoghurt? it's AMAZING!!!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i wanted to be a pilot in the air force

no jets, but rather helicopters or transport aircraft (Seakings and C-130's is what our airforce uses mostly over here,and since January of this year, the NH-90, which is set to replace our aging Seakings)
signed up when i was 18,passed all tests, except for maths

i have been plagued by dyscalculia (which is like dyslexia, but with numbers) since a young age and so the dream had to end,sadly...

i still dream of flying though, and getting a private pilot's licence is still high up on the bucket list

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I wanted to be a Mailman for the simple fact I would be outdoors at all times.
Never happened but I wish even today it did.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I wanted to be a nurse up until I turned 12 ... then my appendix burst. After one week in the hospital and I realized the sight of needles were enough to make me pass out.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I had PTSD as a child so I never thought I would live much more than a decade so I couldn't really make long term plans. Mostly I just wanted to survive the next few years.

So I got pushed into computers when they were mainframes and years later I suddenly discovered that I could be good with people. I do wish I had known that a lot earlier.

What I would have liked to be aware of as a child was that I was gifted. Life would have been very different. I just wish our societies would concentrate on the well being of our children.

Regrets? With three kids doing well, no regrets. I do have a lot of sadness sometimes.

I would like to have another childhood just to have something to compare too.

Just as well I believe in re-incarnation .... I will get my wish.

P

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
Basic question, What did you want to be when you grew up?

what dreams however defined or vague do you remember feeling strongly toward in your childhood? did those dreams grow or change as you aged? if so, how so? did you follow the paths of your dreams? or do you feel you went a more practical and pragmatic route? do you have any regrets regarding what you choose as your dreams or regret your choices to follow / not follow those dreams?

As a young child I wanted to be an actress/singer. My upbringing had a lot to do with my change of heart. Once I hit about 11 I wanted to be youth counselor. I still do, but life didn't turn out that way I made some dumb choices but they were the best choices I ever made. I had a horrible child hood but I wouldn't change any of it because I wouldn't be who I am. I still have time to be what I want to be but right now I am exactly who I want to be and where I'm supposed to be.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Whilst all my girl-friends wanted to be princesses or ballerinas, I was looking at the sky and wanted to be an astronaut....
When I was 13 I was torn between becoming an astronaut or a nurse.......and I went for the latter.
I love my job, I love helping people get better, be there smiling when they are vulnerable and lonely......that is the little difference I wanted to make in this world.

I still would love to be part of the Enterprise crew though! I bet they need nurses there.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Basic question, What did you want to be when you grew up? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

A fictional answer to your question in the form of a joke, not sure if its funny or just obscene.

Well when I was young I always had a interest in the Greek and Roman gods named after planets.

I learned what the 9 planets of the Solar system were back when we had 9 and decided I wanted to be Uranus, the first Son of Gaia. So I made the wish.

I just grew up to be an a**hole. did my wish come true?

Now on a more serious note,

I guess some sort of athlete, I have the genetics thanks to my parents being quite athletic themselves.

What sport?

At a young age up to about 12 I wanted to play soccer(football) which was evenly ties with tennis.

In my younger teenage years I got into basketball and fell in love with the game.

Oh and what Dogmeat said

edit on 25-5-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wanted to be an astronaut. But I'm horrible at math. And I am more creative and artistic by nature and cannot remember how to do math. This also caused me to drop out of college because I could never pass college math classes even after getting tutors and taking classes at different schools. I have 80 hrs of college but dropped out. My IQ was tested as 127. Im working as a plant operator in a petroleum refinery now making decent money but life goes on.

link   
I wanted to be an astronaut. But I'm horrible at math. And I am more creative and artistic by nature and cannot remember how to do math. This also caused me to drop out of college because I could never pass college math classes even after getting tutors and taking classes at different schools. I have 80 hrs of college but dropped out. My IQ was tested as 127. Im working as a plant operator in a petroleum refinery now making decent money but life goes on.

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join