It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

What you are asking for is the wild west.

Where anyone would be considered judge, jury and executioner.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
There are simply too many guns out there for radical gun control to work in the US.

This is correct and it is too late for any common sense gun laws. Thanks to the past lack of gun control. The second amendment created a monster..and it is innocent people who suffer because of it.

There are just too many guns out there thanks to how the second amendment was interpreted.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Do you really believe banning citizens from owning guns will fix anything?

There are simply too many guns for this to be practical. Just as a previous poster pointed out with the illegal drug trade.

Ideally it would be great if everyone were to turn in their guns, hold hands, and sing kumbaya. That ideal is not realistic.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The US is not the only country with guns. Demonizing the 2nd Amendment is a fool's argument.

The 2nd Amendment has played an important role in US history. Without it, the US has no chance of being a free country for the people, by the people.

edit on 24-5-2014 by jrod because:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There appears to be a confirmation from the parents that Elliot Rodger was suffering from Aspergers Syndrome for which they had been seeking treatment. It's also noted that the parents had recently reported their concerns to the police due to other youtube videos where he discussed killing people.

www.bbc.com...

There is also a growing trend of thought that he might have been struggling to repress an attraction to other males, which translates into this increasingly extreme obsession with females - extreme even by the standards of a college-aged male.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Judging from your posts on other threads, and your professed expertise and mastery of martial arts/hand to hand, etc., and condemnation of gun owners, how would your skills have prevented this?
edit on 5241414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: SheopleNation

Havent you noticed?
It already is, except, the average joe is the one not armed.

Just youtube Chiraq(Chicago) & Carjack city(Detroit)
And there's plenty of other instances where this type of stuff happens.

Remember cops only RESPOND to these tragedies, not PREVENT them.

IF someone was shooting people around me, personally I'd prefer a gun in my hand at that moment instead of a phone.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

You can't, hell I can't. America is too gun crazy. Best I would have done is..avoid being shot. Guns are for cowards and this is a prime example.

You can't prevent gun crime..which is what I am trying to tell all the gun advocates. They love to think if everyone was armed..gun crime, any crime would be stopped or lessened which is BS.

Guns don't prevent crime..they make crimes easier and whats the solution? There may have been one at some point in time but it's too late for America to have a solution..the second amendment has turned it into a gun crazy free for all.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

There are a thousand times more law enforcement officers these days, and a thousand more reasons to obey the law.

Nonsense. So you would call a person who saved multiple lives by being armed on the scene an executioner? I would call them a hero.

The fact of the matter is, your useless firearm laws are an absolute joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Or were you expecting a bravado reply(should I have replied like a gun owner)

You here them all the time. The movie version of what would have happened if they were there.

"perfect aim..calm as bullets fly towards them, torn shirt with rippling muscles...etc"

Well here's my movie version of what would have went down.

"time slows down as my heightened senses and skills...made me see things before they happened and then as he start firing...BAM , I take him out with a kick to the chest or.(you pick) I disarm him without any casualties"

But I tend to live in real life...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

The fact of the matter is, your useless firearm laws are an absolute joke. ~$heopleNation

And your useless dream of everyone being armed is a joke. Deaths would pile up more..people have proven time and time again..a lot of them should not be armed nor should they be the ones to decide you fate.

Firearm laws are a joke, because it is people like you who insist any any law concerning guns is wrong, therefore allowing easier access to guns by criminals..but it is too late for anything to be done.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Do you have any military or LEO experience?

A large number of Americans have and have been trained for such scenarios. Also there are many others who grew up around guns, have hunted and killed game since before they were legally allowed to drive.

The only person who is comparing this to the movies is you. Anyone with real hands on weapons training will be quick to point out the many flaws in all the gun fighting scenes that are so popular in American film.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You here them all the time. The movie version of what would have happened if they were there.

"perfect aim..calm as bullets fly towards them, torn shirt with rippling muscles...etc"

"time slows down as my heightened senses and skills...made me see things before they happened and then as he start firing...BAM , I take him out with a kick to the chest or.(you pick) I disarm him without any casualties"

Here's REAL LIFE from a cops perspective, go to the 10 min mark.....(Afterall its a COPS opinion)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well, no. I did expect a bit different response based on some comments you have made on other threads. Oh well, you are right in that none of us could have stopped what happened.

Quite frankly, CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the States. That did not stop this. I do not profess to have all the answers nor do I profess that anyone having a gun could have affected the outcome. It is a tragedy that a spoiled you ng man chose to act out in this manner.

Please do not lump all gun owners into a "John Wayne" type of persona. We are individuals, just as anti gun folks are. I do not force my choices on them, I would like them to not force theirs on me.

You are correct, there is no way that all the guns can be gathered up and done away with, so those of us who have common sense and respect have to try and keep vigilant and, if we see someone like this jerk, do something to stop them.

I know what real life combat is like. Been there done that. It is nothing like the movies. Fright, loss of fine motor skills, and duck like hell are all there.

Take Care - Rock
edit on 5241414 by rockflier because: Added comment

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

www.bbc.com...
He said the son .... had been receiving professional help.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: FIRST comes the mental health 'treatment,' THEN comes the ultra-violence. I wonder who his shrink was--Jolyon West?

edit on 24-5-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

But I tend to live in real life..

In real life you are shot most of the time...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
After watching Roger's video diatribe of what he was going to do, the sense I got of him was that he held conflicting sexuality? He came across as being effeminate in his mannerisms, his look, the words he used for other males...'brutes' for instance. One thing for certain, he wasn't insane, but very spoilt and very very immature. I think he was attracted to other males, probably the 'brutes' the girls gave their sex to, but that he himself was too frightened to approach to explore and work through his inner sexual conflict...he envied the girls their easier access to the males he was attracted to.

He was going to slaughter them, and knowing that doing so would effectively end his life, he would then go out in a blaze of glory in the street. Rogers was narcissistic, and took sexual rejection deeply personal, and probably blamed 'girls' for his conflicting sexuality. Over time he has brooded and festered with misogynistic hate, and obviously something has triggered his murderous rage, something he saw, certain people together, etc. He simply was unable to assimilate emotions he felt and place them in mature context.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In the video he is clearly acting and very badly, that laugh is ridiculous.

He seems gay I wonder if people thought he was perhaps, if anything he said was real on the video, somehow I doubt it, he didn't look like he felt any of what he was saying, it was just lines.
Very strange.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I think you may have gotten it right, it all fits much more with the acting and the missing feelings on the video.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

He has probably gone through it over and over in his mind so he was just reading that script in his head.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join