It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I've seen two videos of this idiot talk. I believe there is something going on with all the medication and the shootings over the past years, however this time around I think it was just a spoiled idiot who couldn't get laid. (Watch the videos.)

Smiling to the camera while driving.
His threat.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Do you have an alternative that would have stopped this?

Your solution will never stop this, because people will always be able to obtain firearms illegally. Kind of like how narcotics are illegal, but you can find them too everywhere.

It's not rocket science, it's commonsense. So there is no need to provide an alternative to an idea that has been a failure and never even worked in the first place. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: samsamm9

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: samsamm9

Make prostitution legal?

It is legal in many places around the world.
Yes, the US should make it legal. Absolutely.

I'm against it, but why make criminals out of peoples own Choices ? Usually prostitution is a victimless crime.
I say usually because of course of organized crime/ pimps ...

I'm pretty sure a prostitute was not what he was looking for.

How do you know ?

I personally know men who are not married or have any girlfriends that seem to like it and even prefer it to actual relationship.
Again, it might not be my cup of tea but at least these guys don't have any calling for any kind violent rampage.

The dude was a virgin and never had a contact with any girls, I bet you it would've help.( Probably with GFE option lol)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
13 Facebook Pictures Reveal the Luxurious Life of Suspected UCSB Campus KillerText

He attended a “Katy Perry private concert.”
Was at the “Hunger Games Premiere 2012.”
Traveled the world in business class.
…and London in a limo.
Boasted about his luxurious vehicles.
And took a flurry of selfies.

link to photos and story

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Your solution will never stop this, because people will always be able to obtain firearms illegally.

What solution is that?

He made a snarky comment, I asked if he had an alternative to what's in place that would have stopped this.

How do you respond to a highly mobile, mass casualty scenario?
edit on 12Sat, 24 May 2014 12:50:53 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom
... this time around I think it was just a spoiled idiot who couldn't get laid.

A lot of people can't get laid. What made this guy different? Keep digging.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I asked if he had an alternative to what's in place that would have stopped this.

Ban shooting while driving of course.

A similar ban, and new laws have worked incredibly well at preventing texting while driving.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He's obviously mentally ill. Like most mentally ill killers, he plays the victim card. It's everyone else's fault, but not his. Look at interviews with Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Aileen Wuornos. Their actions are everyone else's fault - abandoned or no love from parents, evil society, bad treatment by men.

The only exception that I have seen is Jeffrey Dahmer. He was one messed up Mofo, and did some unspeakably heinous things, but he never blamed anyone but himself for his actions.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Life is not valued? Well if we're going that route then the same could be said for a lot of nations, like the majority of the Middle East, China, North Korea, Africa, South America, and so on.

I do believe the last time I looked at the FBI's gun-death statistics violent gun crime has been going down, every year.

Murder Victims
by Weapon, 2007–2011

Weapons: 2007 | 2008 | 2009 |2010 | 2011

Total firearms: 10,129 | 9,528 |9,199 | 8,874 | 8,583

www.fbi.gov...

edit on 24-5-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is there more to it?

hollywoodlife.com...
Multiple witnesses say that they saw two people inside of the suspect’s BMW. However, (Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown) would neither confirm nor deny whether there was a passenger in the car with the shooter.

www.newspress.com...
Two suspects in a black BMW reportedly opened fire indiscriminately throughout Isla Vista on Friday night in a rampage that left at least three dead before their car crashed on Del Playa Drive...

Given the high number of casualties, the high ration of dead to wounded, and the general difficulty of hitting a moving target from a moving vehicle, I am more apt to believe the passenger was doing the shooting.
edit on 24-5-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No excuses for this guy but 'peoples experiences of life' do play a massive role in shaping one's future!

There are people who deliberately ruin someone else's life which means it is that other persons fault when something happens. Same can be said if one person commits suicide because his/her boyfriend/husband ditched them = It was the partners fault that that person committed suicide!

You get in with people who do drugs, you are most likely to do the drugs too... partly your own fault but also it is the other peoples fault for getting you involved...

Etc etc...

But as I said ... this 'Elliot' just seems a bit spineless and because he couldn't get laid, he decides to commit this act (all his own fault).

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Euphem

Make prostitution legal?

It is legal in many places around the world.
Yes, the US should make it legal. Absolutely.

I'm against it, but why make criminals out of peoples own Choices ? Usually prostitution is a victimless crime.
I say usually because of course of organized crime/ pimps ...

I'm pretty sure a prostitute was not what he was looking for.

How do you know ?

I personally know men who are not married or have any girlfriends that seem to like it and even prefer it to actual relationship.
Again, it might not be my cup of tea but at least these guys don't have any calling for any kind violent rampage.

The dude was a virgin and never had a contact with any girls, I bet you it would've help.( Probably with GFE option lol)

That would have been beneath him.

anyway there appears to be a forum he post at.

Rodger was a website forum called PUAHate.com, which describes itself as the 'Anti-Pickup-Artist Movement' and aims to reveal 'the scams, deception, and misleading marketing techniques used by dating gurus and the seduction community to deceive men and profit from them.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The forum seems to be down, but I found this

youtu.be...

The Anti-Pickup-Artist Movement: PuaHate.com

edit on 013131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
and if everyone in the usa ..

ARMED themselves .. there would be 2 only critically wounded / killed ..the first person he aimed for .. and HIMSELF after 3 others shot his / her !!! OR taser him .. !!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Sounds like common life in California.

No wonder people that live there think life sucks.
edit on 24-5-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Angry Underground World of Failed Pickup Artists

jezebel.com...

That forum is down now.

I wonder how much it influenced him, pushed him over the edge?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The guy is a classic narcissist. He calls himself magnificent and means it, he acts like his parents wealth means something. He hates women, but sees himself as a supreme gentleman. His laugh is phoney.

His talk of retribution reminds me of a bad world of Warcraft character. (no i don't blame video games, i blame narcissism)

He was full of himself and couldn't handle the fact that others didn't agree.

He's delusional and it's probably because he grew up in a society that gives last place trophies. We invent these douche bags with our need for superficial bull#.

I suck with women, but I don't blame them at all. I understand why I haven't found love. I'm smart but my social awkwardness can be a great cockblock. My fault, and I'm fine with that. I relate to being a loner, but I don't relate to anything he projected in these videos. I don't hate people for not talking to me, I enjoy the independence. Some love my awkwardness, others don't want to be around me, it's a great filter when you aren't a douche bag.

He knows deep down inside he wanted to be with those douche bags he hated and that's why he's mad. The rest of us are happy they don't want us.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

yeah cause only in america do people get murderd, i wonder how many people are gonna spit out one liners looking for stars.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wonder was he a law abiding citizen?

Since all the gun advocates love to say...law abiding citizens don't commit crime.

Also funny how gun advocates cheer when this happens..."see you were not armed..now look what happened..hooray I was right..

Also for the guy who claims that if everyone was armed..he would have been taken out by three others or more before he killed any more than 2. This is not fantasy or movies where good guys have perfect aim..those same people firing would most likely have caused just about the same amount of damage or worse by crossfire.

Gun owners need to stop living in a fantasy world...You have absolutely no clue how you would react if under fire...life is not a movie..where you are the big hero..the marksman..etc.

Get a life.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What solution is that?

Useless leftist enduced gun control laws of course.

He made a snarky comment, I asked if he had an alternative to what's in place that would have stopped this.

Well what was "snarky" about it? The answer to that question is the topic that you obviously want to avoid.

Just wondering about something else, Did you agree with Al Gore when he accused GWB of being snippy?

An armed populace. See how simple that is? ~$heopleNation
edit on 24-5-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Responsible gun owners can and do stop criminals and nut-jobs from killing others. Those stories just do not make headlines. Many of us are quite capable of making a kill shot that does not cause any collateral damage during a chaotic shooting incident.

California has very strict gun laws, they even have a gun confiscation program in place where they send in the SWAT team to confiscate guns on a banned persons list.

No one wants violent criminals and nut jobs to have easy access to guns. However more gun laws will restrict access to law abiding citizens while creating a lucrative black market gun market. There are simply too many guns out there for radical gun control to work in the US.

edit on 24-5-2014 by jrod because: 1

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join