It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The "beautiful" America that we knew is.............changing very fast !!

Sad, no one is doing much to stop the decline..............

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-5-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Amazing, good points. As for me, out here in Henderson, my weapons are at hand at all times. Within reach. Not as a result of fear or paranoia but as a result of training and experience. It would be interesting to find out if:

1. The weapon was registered (not likely in CA)
2. Who owned the weapon
3. Where the weapon came from

It would be unlikely in CA if any of the stabbing victims would have weapons of any sort, other than pot pipes or bongs. I am very concerned with the mental problems this young man had and why he was not reported to authorities. If by chance the weapon was legal, registered, and still in his hands, that is a VERY real problem with the system in CA.

Cheers from the burbs - Rock

edit on 5241414 by rockflier because: spelling idiot

edit on 5241414 by rockflier because: spelling again

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Dude never heard of Backpage?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Yep, that is where I get my ammo from. Whenever I buy or sell a firearm there it is done at the local PD.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
before it disappears

Elliot Rodger
" Published on Jun 29, 2012

My name is Elliot Rodger. I am the supreme gentleman. I dress well. I have an amazing car. I am extremely good looking. I have all these things, but my life is not perfect. Why? Because I am an outcast, a pariah. Girls do not find me attractive. I don't know why this is. It is the mystery of my life. I see so many beautiful blonde girls lusting after guys who are as ants besides my supremacy. When I approach girls something happens: they do not see me clearly. There is some intervention, some cloud of unknowing that confuses them. They do not realize how wonderful I am. Maybe they are blinded by my beauty. Things should not be this way. Since puberty my life has been a horrorshow. People have not been able to see me for what I am. They do not see how beautiful I am. Girls should be lusting after me. But they are not. I am 20, and still a virgin. Can you believe I have never been kissed, never even held a girl's hand? My rage grows every day. I have been seeing a therapist. This video is about my anger, my rage at this, the most beautiful of all possible worlds.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

That is some scary ish. Definitely this boy had problems.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I haven't read through the whole thread so maybe this was covered, but I'm a bit confused about the numbers.

This morning the news was reporting 7 dead, including the shooter, in a wild shooting spree.

Then, later today it was reported that they just found three more bodies - apparently stabbed - at the perpetrator's address.

So now I'm thinking, oh no, 10 are dead? And all of a sudden, all the news reports are saying only three were killed in the "shooting spree".

Did I miss something or is this another case full of "mistakes" by the media - or something else?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

This says he killed 6, including the 3 stabbed.

Santa Barbara

Guess the mass shooting turns out to be a bit less than the drive by media reported at first.

Maybe the title should read "Mass stabbing".
edit on 5241414 by rockflier because: Added comment

edit on 5241414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This answers my questions. Even more indictment of his therapists for not reporting him to authorities.

Police said three guns were recovered from Rodger's car. Police said he had more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
"All were legally purchased from federally licensed dealers and all were registered to the suspect," the sheriff said.

SOURCE

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Your link isn't working for me so I can't tell when that article was written. BUT, my point is - why was the media proclaiming 7 dead BEFORE the three stabbed bodies had even been found?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Good question. Sensationalism perhaps? Fixed the link

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
a reply to: rockflier

Your link isn't working for me so I can't tell when that article was written. BUT, my point is - why was the media proclaiming 7 dead BEFORE the three stabbed bodies had even been found?

Have the people that wait for things like this never been in a developing situation in whatever it is you do?

Report the known information as it is breaking then correct after the facts are known, people complain and question.
Report nothing, people complain and question.

Insert yourself in a major network outage where you have 3-4 different departments or people involved and what is reported when the troubleshooting first starts will most of the time not be what actually caused the problem.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been touched on yet as I haven't had time to read through everything but, anyone interested in it can read his 141 page manifesto.

www.mediaite.com...

Having said that, I'm at a loss here. From a woman's standpoint, he was a reasonably attractive guy as far as looks were concerned so I don't think that was his problem. Perhaps those around him sensed that something was off and that is why he had problems with women. I can only speculate as I don't personally know him. However, I have to wonder, if he did put off those types of vibes, why didn't someone try to get him help? In his manifesto he talks about speaking with a counselor, but it is painfully obvious just from reading his own words that he definitely suffered from some sort of personality disorder and more than likely would have benefited from medicine or behavioral therapy, or some combination of the two.

One of the most disturbing things in his manifesto was his intention to kill his own brother, whom he admits to loving and being close to. He also expresses his intention to kill his stepmother though it is quite clear that they did not have a great relationship. He seems to resent her immensely.
edit on 25-5-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I know what will fix this. GUN LAWS! Oh wait. They already have those. Alright Feinstein, any suggestions?

Have a look at Australia's gun laws brought in after a shooting [Port Arthur shooting]. Then have a look at the dramatic increase in gun crimes since with mainly stolen or unregistered guns. All the gun laws did was make law abiding responsible gun owners hand in their guns, while the criminals that were always going to find another way of getting a gun, just went out and got a gun. Then have a look at the laws passed by Australian politicians since the nation basically became legally unarmed. All we can do now is protest holding pointless posters, that the politicians don't acknowledge or even read.
And I would be very interested to see if this gunman went "off the grid" for weeks or months before the shooting. If he didn't, then it may just be a random shooting from someone with serious mental issues. OR, if he did, then you can be sure it was for his programming under mind control. Just like so many other "shooters" have had happen to them.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

This says he killed 6, including the 3 stabbed.

Santa Barbara

Guess the mass shooting turns out to be a bit less than the drive by media reported at first.

Maybe the title should read "Mass stabbing".

I've been reading that his father has gone ape sht at the 'gun lobby', which I'm assuming is a pot shot at those who support being allowed to protect themselves.

I can't imagine what his family is going through, but I hope someone prominent will ask the 'pro-kitchen utensil' people , too.

This guy was utterly delusional and even a spork is a weapon to people like him.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

And this answers a lot of my questions about why he hadn't received help for his obvious mental illness. I guess sometimes there are things that can't be controlled even with help. Don't get me wrong, I am in NO way excusing what he did...it just makes a bit more sense now.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarksideOz
And I would be very interested to see if this gunman went "off the grid" for weeks or months before the shooting.

Also, look for prior contact with a military recruiter, video of him displaying or shooting his guns, wearing an all-black outfit for the rampage perhaps including a black trenchcoat, the use of SSRI drugs, an 'expressionless' look on the shooter's face, and politicians pushing for more gun control in the aftermath.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarksideOz

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I know what will fix this. GUN LAWS! Oh wait. They already have those. Alright Feinstein, any suggestions?

Have a look at Australia's gun laws brought in after a shooting [Port Arthur shooting]. Then have a look at the dramatic increase in gun crimes since with mainly stolen or unregistered guns. All the gun laws did was make law abiding responsible gun owners hand in their guns, while the criminals that were always going to find another way of getting a gun, just went out and got a gun. Then have a look at the laws passed by Australian politicians since the nation basically became legally unarmed. All we can do now is protest holding pointless posters, that the politicians don't acknowledge or even read.
And I would be very interested to see if this gunman went "off the grid" for weeks or months before the shooting. If he didn't, then it may just be a random shooting from someone with serious mental issues. OR, if he did, then you can be sure it was for his programming under mind control. Just like so many other "shooters" have had happen to them.

I believe Bryant went off the grid before port Arthur massacre, Also I believe there was one more shooter involved in that shooting. Bryant was fall guy, the real accuracy and brains of the shooting was a trained marks man.
It all went to plan smoothly, Local police removed from area, Port Arthur staff who had knowledge of the historical site were told not come to work.
Medical staff at Hobart hospital on trauma training exercises that day.
Tasmania the only state in Australia with a morgue van that can carry 22 bodies considering at the time Tasmania had a average of 6 murders a year not occurring at same place or days.

Loads more stuff don't add up to that day.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
before it disappears

Elliot Rodger
" Published on Jun 29, 2012

My name is Elliot Rodger. I am the supreme gentleman. I dress well. I have an amazing car. I am extremely good looking. I have all these things, but my life is not perfect. Why? Because I am an outcast, a pariah. Girls do not find me attractive. I don't know why this is. It is the mystery of my life. I see so many beautiful blonde girls lusting after guys who are as ants besides my supremacy. When I approach girls something happens: they do not see me clearly. There is some intervention, some cloud of unknowing that confuses them. They do not realize how wonderful I am. Maybe they are blinded by my beauty. Things should not be this way. Since puberty my life has been a horrorshow. People have not been able to see me for what I am. They do not see how beautiful I am. Girls should be lusting after me. But they are not. I am 20, and still a virgin. Can you believe I have never been kissed, never even held a girl's hand? My rage grows every day. I have been seeing a therapist. This video is about my anger, my rage at this, the most beautiful of all possible worlds.

I think you'll find that isn't Elliot Rodger. The comments show a year ago tat people were talking as if it was James Holmes and speculating it was a hoax, seems to just be an opportunistic youtuber.

Not sure if anyone posted his supposedly real youtube channel:

www.youtube.com...

Disturbing.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: amraks

That's why we scream FALSE FLAG over here because that is what these incidents "feel" like. Violence from nowhere then death usually.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join