It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chilling message from the cartels:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I don't really think of Mexico as a country anymore. The cartels have far more power than the actual government. To them Mexico is perfect because it has sovereign borders that aren't under control. The reason they haven't moved into the US is that we have state and federal levels of government to infiltrate (I assume local governments would fall fast) and each state has a different independent government that can operate on its own.

This is actually a pretty good defense against the cartels gaining a political foothold here, so they're instead forced to simply use us as a customer base for the vices they push. That's their only interest in us right now. If we reduce the amount they can charge for their products we become a less viable customer base.

Shipping is no obstacle to these groups, they can send drugs or people anywhere in the world. We can make them pick another country instead, ideally China.

I'm not saying it's an ultimate solution to the cartels because it's not. The only real solution is to go in and kill them all but doing so would be bloodier and more brutal than Vietnam to say nothing of the political ramifications of a preemptive military invasion of an ally.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Astroart

The cartels know who you are. You don't know who their members are.

If they want you dead, you are never going to see it coming. Regardless of if you own a gun or not.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If it happens TOO often or the wrong person gets popped we'll see what happens when the honcho gets cornered by Delta. The CIA doesn't like drug competitors going wet.A few grudge kills that's a police matter.Officials disappear ,children get killed and it will happen.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
What a bunch of scabs those cartel thugs are. I sense a great opportunity to train our special forces in desert warfare

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

originally posted by: pheonix358
Rome was destroyed from within. Perhaps instead of going OS to find enemies, the US could put its military on the southern border and seal it properly.

destroyed from within due to massive IMMIGRATION.. immigration is always detrimental to those already there, only beneficial to the newcomers.

This is why America should of stayed very "selective" and pre-judging... and ran out any foreigners that moved in. This would have kept them ALL out, good or bad.
what is better than having both? NEITHER one.

Yea. If only the original Americans could have had that mindset.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4
I think they have it down by now,Mexico wouldn't appreciate that however.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It's not so much as owning a gun, but carrying it daily (and knowing how to use it accurately) which I am allowed to do here in AZ. So although the unknown cartel member may have the element of surprise, I still have the element of armed response if he's not a good shot from 10-15 feet as I am pretty much aware of all movement around me when out in public and can get the sights leveled from the hip in less than a second. Not to mention co-workers, neighbors, or any armed law abiding citizens who might happen to be in the vicinity.

Beats waiting for the understaffed PPD to get there IMO.

edit on 26-5-2014 by Astroart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

It's tough to be aware of someone who will walk up behind you on the street, pull out a gun, and shoot you in the head then and there. Or pull beside you in a car and unload a bunch of rounds. Cartel members don't care about being caught and don't care about you shooting back. They only care that you're dead, to them actually getting away with the crime is secondary. These are people that will set your house on fire, and then wait to shoot you and your family as you come running out.

On top of that, if the cartels start seriously aiming for us in the US they will bribe officials. The cartels are some of the richest entities on earth... they have more money than sovereign states that can print their own money. If they start pushing into the US it will be a mess. It's not like were a nation of ultra principled individuals that just won't do certain things in exchange for money. How many people out there do fairly despicable things every day in exchange for a paycheck? Even our justice system runs like that already.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You can never get enough practice though.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you there, if they want you gone you're gone. The exception to your scenario of a gunman walking up or pulling beside me is the assassins gun jamming or him being a poor shot as not all of them are of the Zeta caliber. I'd have options other than turning and running before he re racks, chases me down and puts 2 in my back and one in my skull.

Anything is possible right? A 1% chance is still a + over a 0%.

That 1% advantage in AZ, NM, TX is better than than the 0% afforded in Cali.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Even if you kill that guy, they'll send another. In the end your chances are 0% short of the government helping to hide you (and even that is reliant on them not bribing the right people). If people want to own a gun I'm all for it, my interpretation to a right to bear arms is more broad than the NRA's. I just don't think this is a case where it's going to help, of course I don't think it's going to hurt either.

Personally I would rather focus on policies that can actually protect us like transparency in government actions, multiple levels of oversight, a secure border, and reducing the cartels incentive to move into the US in the first place by bringing down the prices on their products.
edit on 27-5-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Legalize drugs.....problem solved.

This would take the power away from the cartels and would address another severe problem in the US, the prison system.

People with drug problems need medical help, not prison time.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This will never happen now that investors see the potential that private prisons full of people convicted of drug charges possess. Take away the drugs and you take away their top reason for incarcerating, more than a million prisoners of the 2.5 mil we currently hold. That's a loss the private prisons and their investors are not prepared to take.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4
True .

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join