It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA to use humans in poison testing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

This is absolutely bizzare. I understand that the EPA is designed to be a guardian institution, but testing poisons on people seems a little bit over the edge, wouldn't you agree?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by goregrinder]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
And when these people develop disabilities, what then? This sounds like something Saddam would do his people, not a govenment agency of the United states.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It's documented that our governement has never had a real big problem using its citizens as human guinea pigs, but in this day and age, the idea that the powers that be would even consider this is strange indeed.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
It's documented that our governement has never had a real big problem using its citizens as human guinea pigs, but in this day and age, the idea that the powers that be would even consider this is strange indeed.

Strange...Yes and No.

Yes, because they are using humans as guinea pigs.

No, because they get volunteers to sign up for it. Give them lot of money etc.

In those days gov't just made military personnel walk into those radiation filled areas after nuclear blasts to see what radiation does to people.

Surf

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I thought we had come to the point where testing toxic substances, on any form of living being was thought of as appauling. To think this agency is hiring for the testers doesn't make it any better, it makes it worse. The EPA is putting value on human lives and the human condition.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by goregrinder]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
I thought we had come to the point where testing toxic substances, on any form of living being was thought of as appauling. To think this agency is hiring for the testers doesn't make it any better, it makes it worse. The EPA is putting value on human lives and the human condition.

Guess we aren't not at that point.

Better of mankind I guess.

I am guessing that was that too many guesses?

Surf

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
OK, the article referenced below puts me a bit more at ease with the concept. Does this government study propose paying families to allow their children to be exposed to toxic pesticides? Not really.

• The EPA plans to expose youngsters to pesticides in order to study what those chemical compounds do to little children: False.
  • The EPA plans to study children who live in an area where pesticides are used year-round: True.

However, while the e-mail leaves the impression that poverty-stricken families are for the price of a camcorder and $970 heartlessly offering up their tots as lab rats, the little ones to be deliberately sickened by cruel scientists intent upon advancing human knowledge even at the price of 60 babies potentially dealt life-long serious physical ailments by exposure to dreadful chemicals, the truth is quite different. One of the reasons the EPA chose Duval County, Florida, as the site of this research had to do with year-round pesticide use in that area. The children who will be the subjects of the study live there. In other words, if all the clipboard-wielding EPA people stayed home and the project were cancelled before it began, these same children would be exposed to these same pesticides and in the same amounts, due to nothing more sinister than where their parents chose to settle and raise their families. www.snopes.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So this isn't a trial in the sense I carry in mind, more of an environmental study. The EPA documents are linked below, too. worth reading

More Links
Overview of Children's Environmental Exposure Research Study
Children's Environmental Exposure Research Study Information

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is there any limit to the number of polititians names we can put on their list?

Or does it have to be voluntary?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My concern is, are there going to be any watch-dog groups making sure these toxins are used in the same amount as the children regularly are introduced to?

top topics

join