It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Selfie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been posted.

I happened to see this and I thought the people here would find it interesting.

NASA Unveils "Global Selfie"

It's an interactive mosaic made up of selfies taken around the world.

Here is a link to the photo.

I thought it was fun to zoom in and look at the pictures of different people around the world. It's a great reminder that, though we are different ages and colors and shapes and sizes, we're from different countries and locations, and we have different religious and political ideologies, we are all humans and we all make up the world we live in.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: invisiblemanda

Except that the photos from places are all mixed up. I saw one in Africa that said argentina and one right next to it that said Portugal.

Culturally it would be more accurate to maintain the demographic.

Oh, well. A big earth shaped bunch of photos from wherever. They should disclaim that somewhere.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: invisiblemanda

Except that the photos from places are all mixed up. I saw one in Africa that said argentina and one right next to it that said Portugal.

Culturally it would be more accurate to maintain the demographic.

Oh, well. A big earth shaped bunch of photos from wherever. They should disclaim that somewhere.

ya and a lot of photos werent even of people, saw one of a garden with no one in it, saw one of a large cruise ship, no one in the photo, quite a few others like that too, also not too impressed with the scale, one photo takes up entire states, only a couple photos to scale texas size, would be a lot more impressive and cool looking if they were much smaller scaled, requiring far more photos.

noticed that anywhere you see clouds the photos appear to have been altered to increase brightness in just the right portions of the photo to fit with the cloud lighting they wanted, so it wasnt so much arranging the photos to make the mosaic, but actually manipulating and editing the photos to fit the image they wanted. these details make it a bit less impressive in my opinion,

also, wtf is this?!
i.imgur.com...

found it in the Oregon/Idaho/Washington area.
edit on 5/23/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

I agree, it would've been better if the pictures were smaller.

I think that's someone wearing sunglasses and the angle is from below.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

That there is a Sasquatch selfie.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

so it wasn't so much arranging the photos to make the mosaic, but actually manipulating and editing the photos to fit the image they wanted.

That "image" being that despite borders marking national boundaries the world is one? A One World Order?

Unless NASA wants to show the earth as it should be from space without borders drawn on it like a map. Then they should just show a Mosaic of it like ummm, errr… Google Maps already does.

If people want faces they can go to Facebook.

edit on 24-5-2014 by intrptr because: changed

top topics

join