It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God of Jesus, the God of the Old Testament

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
a reply to: colbe

And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables.
I think that is a pretty good way to describe the Catholic Church™ ® ©.

The "private judgment" heresy of believing everyone can interpret the written Word has brought about a fruit as St. Paul predicted in 2 Tim 4:3-4.

Run from the fact all you wish Jim, no "fable", you accept the authority of the Church who decided the New Testament Canon. So, your real authority IS the Roman Catholic Church not the Bible and your private interpretation of it. You choose to be separated from the Faith but not for long. Our Lord is going to open your eyes soon and oh my, you'll shake your head and realize there is more...so much grace given, thank you dearest Lord!

2 Timothy 4:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

God bless you,

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The "private judgment" heresy of believing everyone can interpret the written Word has brought about a fruit as St. Paul predicted in 2 Tim 4:3-4
Paul most likely didn't write Second Timothy, but when it was written, Paul was well known and respected as being authoritative, which was inviting to would-be influential writers to forge his signature on their own work in order to have it accepted and read.
(So there goes your claim that I blindly accept the Catholic pronouncement of the official New Testament canon)

The claims of the Catholic Church about itself is arrogance worthy of Satan himself.
edit on 31-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

The "private judgment" heresy of believing everyone can interpret the written Word has brought about a fruit as St. Paul predicted in 2 Tim 4:3-4
Paul most likely didn't write Second Timothy, but when it was written, Paul was well known and respected as being authoritative, which was inviting to would-be influential writers to forge his signature on their own work in order to have it accepted and read.
(So there goes your claim that I blindly accept the Catholic pronouncement of the official New Testament canon)

The claims of the Catholic Church about itself is arrogance worthy of Satan himself.

Calling Roman Catholicism Satanic, rather sad.

You mainly start spiritual threads using the support of Gospel verses. It doesn't matter you protest/deny the Canon is Catholic, history shows that it is, she decided the Canon. The arrogance to mock the faith who without it you would no nothing of Christ except the Old Testament prophecies about Our Lord.

The Remnant is Roman Catholic. Our Lord Himself is going to ask you to become Catholic soon. Start reading
Catholic writing, a Catholic Bible, the Catechism, the lives of the saints. Many a brilliant person discovered the
faith this way. They realized, there is no way each person is God's chosen authority to decide their own
justification AND they read the quotes of the Apostolic Fathers.

Jim, pray,ask our Lord.

GBY,

colbe

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'm going to confine myself to reading and aiming to understand what we've already got.

You call it a game?

This is a stark reality my friend... its a fact, the writers of the NT changed things to suit their purposes...

Don't believe me? What day was Jesus executed?

Well that depends on which version of the events you read... the earlier version of the events gives the original found in Mark... John changed the date to make his execution become the proverbial lamb sacrifice...

The fact remains that Jesus understood himself as speaking under the authority of the OT God, so that has to be the starting point. So we need to start with the resemblances, not the differences, and work from there. In the first place; The teaching of Jesus said "You shall love your neigbour as yourself". The teaching of the OT said "You shall love your neighbour as yourself" (He was quoting directly). Jesus saw himself as following up and completing what his God was doing in the OT, so our task is look for an understandng of how that works.

Well this is your thread... DO as you wish...

Love thy neighbour eh... How does that line up with Kill the enemy... Destroy and claim his lands, rape and pillage his territory and his people... Leave nothing alive not even the women or children...

Sigh

Its impossible my friend... the teachings of Jesus can not be reconciled with the OT God...

you're only left with two options...

1. Jesus and the OT god are one... Thus, the atrocities within said book are just as much Jesus doing as the OT god

or

2. Jesus and his Father are one, and his Father is not the same God as the OT God, and the people of the OT did not know the true God until Jesus came... Like he said

No one knows the Father save the son, and no one knows the son save the Father...

Without the shepherd, the sheep were at the mercy (or lack there of) of the wolf (Imposter)

Spot on.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join