It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosions on Poor Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Poor Planet Earth.

From 1945 - 1998 There Was 2053 Nuclear Explosions... 2053.

This video shows where, when and who were the cause of the nuclear explosions.

Congratulations USA you won with the most nuclear explosions, Great Job.

1st : USA 1032
2nd : Russia 715
3rd : France 210
4th = : UK & China 45
6th : India 4
7th : Pakistan 2

Well done to all on the list. You're all Heroes.

The Data from the video stats i posted were based mostly on numbers provided from the Swedish Defense Research Establishment (FOI) and the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in 2000

It blows me away that the Pure number of these explosions needed to be had, DISGUSTING.

It took around 30 years for Chernobyl to clear up enough with the radiation it left. This certainly hurt/destroyed animals and plant life so i Figure Fragile Earth is the right Forum for this.

Im happy that my country is Nuclear Free. And i hope it always will be! Get away from Nuclear people.

edit on 23-5-2014 by GallopingFish because: Spelling

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

If not for all those nuke tests, we would not have developed the means of destroying all life on earth.

Until we can hold life at gun point, our egos can't be happy with our place in the world.

Humanity is so pathetic at times isn't it?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Why is The US flag being shown for 1945?
Not a good start, when it even gets that wrong.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Id say 99% of these decisions were made based on Fear of some sort.

Pathetic alright

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
the list is incomplete it does not show North Koreans test

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GallopingFish
a reply to: oblvion

Id say 99% of these decisions were made based on Fear of some sort.

Pathetic alright

Exactly, and everyone knows humans make their best dicisions while flailing around blindly in complete panic blinded by fear........and these bozos are our leaders?

edit on 2014bFridayv1620145 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And people wonder why cancer is so rampant

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Does anybody else wonder how many countries laugh at the way Russia and the USA have crapped in their own nests? Destroy the country by contaminating the land and the people for generations to come!
Man is a blight upon the earth...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pez1975
the list is incomplete it does not show North Koreans test

Lol, that is because it shows actual critical mass nuclear reactions, not smoldering fizzles of wasted nuclear material.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I go to the surgeon this Friday coming for some cancer removal, I wonder after taking the time to watch this video just how I came to the situation I am in now?

Very impressive the way graphics can really show you what has happened in the past.
S&F to the OP
The wife and myself were dead silent as we both watched the video......very spooky.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Of all of those, only two should actually count.

The only two that were detonated over populated cities without warning.

The Scientists worked tirelessly to build the A-Bomb thinking that it would be the ultimate deterrent to war, they never stopped to consider that they (Administration and Military) would actually use it.

In the end, it's probably a good thing that mankind has this self-destruct capability.

When we become more evil than good, the use of these weapons becomes inevitable...

-The End-

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's a shame. It's a shame humans must invent more ways to destroy one another and more powerful weapons with which to do it. It's a shame that they must show these off to the world every few months as if to say "Hey, look how many more we made this year!" It's a shame we must destroy the planet while we destroy ourselves. It's a damn shame.

Maybe one day man will see the err of his ways and will no longer see the need for destruction.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
And people wonder why cancer is so rampant

It's just getting rolling.

Wait till Fukushima is done.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dreading the day

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am more concerned about the post 2001 detonations.

They might be shocking to some.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

yeah ummm with the UK
Did you include the 12 done in australia

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Agreed wonder how many 1999 to now

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: arexon

Its not my video but there were a few explosions in australia.

Watch it.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

This is about the closest thing I could find regarding a nuclear explosion and the Earth.

This is the nuclear explosion. upload.wikimedia.org...

This is the Earth ztona.org...

No matter how many dust mites are on that whale it will never be enough to overcome, harm, or inconvenience it in any way. The whale will not even know they exist. Such is the same with nuclear explosions. Even the largest nuclear detonation ever is so small when compared to the size of the earth you could not witness both at the same time in all their glory with your eyes.

Just saying... There isn't much we as the human race can create that will hurt the Earth. Earth will be here many billions of years after we destroy ourselves and the life will come back after we destroy it too. We are doing nothing but dooming ourselves. Earth will prevail, as will the life that lives on her. The human race is doomed, it was doomed from it's very conception.
edit on 24-5-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Lets all take 2,053 Nuclear explosions on planet earth..... lets say there were 25 pounds of fissile material in each bomb...

2053 x 25 = 51325 / 2000 = 25.6625 U.S. tons of fissile material in all the nuclear tests in all the world deposited somewhere on the planet.

And that's not the scary part.....

Did you know the US has way more than that in spent fuel pools alone? If you factor in all the NPP's on the planet, there is most likely somewhere between 3 to 5 times all the nuclear bombs ever exploded? And that doesn't factor all the fuel that will be used in the future.

Just in spent fuel pools.

Now add in all the nuclear waste stored at sites all over the world or in some cases, dumped right into the ocean, and it becomes very very easy to see that mankind has greatly increased a lot of types of ionizing radiation.

dont worry though.... radiation is nothing worse than a couple of banana's and a bag of potato chips.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join