It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It sucks that Syx, Dawg and Night are all visiting doctors. Well, Dawg and Night anyway, because it sounds like Syx is visiting an S&M dungeon. Hope it goes well for you all. I will be thinking of you.

To Cody: NO!

(to the laundry, I had an awesome holiday, thank you very much).

Hugs
Mura

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

You sure about that Mura ? I've got a stale chocolate cake here I can send over with it

Cody

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I count myself lucky Mura and Cody, aspirin allows me to function. In the beginning though I became addicted to Percocet, I'm not a big pill popper but that was the only thing that would allow me any sleep at the time. After five weeks of that I was worried that I would become addicted and when I asked to be weaned off of it, sure enough I was a vibrating mess. No sweats or sucky bad feeling, but it was like I had palsy I was shaking so bad. Weird feeling. Kinda scary as well.

I'm thinking that this Doc visit will be more of a initial interview/physical/blood workup type thing so it shouldn't be to bad, though uncomfortable at times, if ya know what I mean? LOL

It's the VA so I'm not expecting a whole lot as they are in serious disarray at the moment. I just want them to acknowledge that my back is problematic after 31 years of jumping out of planes, wearing hundred+ pounds of gear and body armor and riding around in vehicles that had solid steel bars as shock absorbers, that is when I wasn't humping for a crapload of Klicks at a time.

Not to mention having high explosives go off near me while answering natures call. LOL Happened twice! I was almost afraid to answer the call after the second time. LOL
edit on 6-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Oops!

edit on 6-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Went to the library today to make copies of my medical records and lo and behold, there on the new releases shelf is Terry Pratchett. "The Science of DiscWorld". I had to pick it up as not doing so would be tempting fate. LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'll trade you - I'll teach & create lesson plans, while you sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, plenty of breaks, and the liberty to swear & curse at whatever you feel like (clients, fellow workers, your computer).

There are days where I actually consider going back to class just to be a programming teacher somewhere; it seems I'm somewhat better at teaching the stuff I learn rather than retaining it.

And to those of you visiting the doctors, my prayers are being shipped via express rainbow-mail, which means due to the gravitational wormhole effect, they should have arrived about 30 minutes ago.

-foss

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Prayers for Syx and Dawg coming your way via large winged angels.

I had been through therapy for my back more than once in the past. I even went through weeks of painful shots in my back with one to three shots per week. OMG I don't know which was worse, the shots or the back pain. Nothing helped for any length of time. Years after, I discover I have spinal stenosis and other back problems and a nerve damaged leg from an accident. It is usually their policy when applying for disability to deny you the first time and they tell you as you are applying to just appeal and apply again. They accepted me right away!

When you are young and healthy all is well but man as you age you fall apart and wonder what the hell is next? My Father and Grandmother always told me you have to be tough to be old. I just never expected so much crap in my fifties. The cancer freaked me out the most and living with chronic pain even with meds.

But...we are warriors aren't we? The sword gets heavy sometimes but we lift it anyway and carry on.

edit on 6-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The faery fluttered about restlessly as they traveled toward camp. Night Star watched her carefully wondering why the little being was acting so erratic. "Are you alright?" she asked sweetly. "No I am not alright, I have not been alright in a very long time. I have seen things, heard things. Things you couldn't imagine." Alisa stamped her foot on the forest floor. "Must show you...I must show you the secret dungeon and what they have done!"

The elf was filled with anxiety. What horrors has this tiny faery witnessed and what kind of evil lurked behind every shadow." she wondered. Sighing, Night picked Alisa up and held her gently in her hand. "I don't know what you have seen or heard little one, but this place is filled with dark forces. We need to find all my friends, every one of them and together perhaps we will stand a chance against it. I highly doubt that an elf, a faery and a wolf can take on whatever may come our way if we should try to find this dungeon you speak of and what it might hold."

Alisa covered her face with her tiny hands and cried and cried, deep uncontrollable sobs. Night felt so helpless. All she could do was stroke the faeries hair and whisper words of encouragement. After the sobbing subsided, Night put the faery in the pocket of her dress and told her to rest.

As they travelled onward, Wolf stopped and sniffed the air. Night too could sense someone nearby. It was Dawg and he was alone. "Dawg! We need to talk!" He seemed nervous and stuttered. "Oh I..wa... was just take... taking a walk to clear my head. I just need to be alone for a bit. Why don't you go join Jacy and Styx and CC back at the camp and soon I will join you." Hands on her hips and a stern look on her face, the elf scolded her friend. "No, I will not join anyone anywhere except you and this time you WILL tell me what the hell is going on with you! We have been friends for long enough Dawg. I know something is wrong and the others do as well." She calmed down a bit and softened her voice. "Please, don't do this to us. Don't walk away and try to deal with this on your own. Let us help you! Let us at least try."

The sky became dark and ominous as lightening streaked across and thunder cracked. Rain came pouring forth like a waterfall. Spying a cave up ahead, Night took Dawgs hand and ran for cover. Wolf was ahead of her checking the cave for unwanted guests or creatures.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I can't move ahead in the story now without you Dawg. Your turn! LOL! Unless someone else finds us and I can add something.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
98 pages and barely any story entries people.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ah! That's what the Doc told me last year. I have spinal stenosis. I too, think have nerve damage to a leg (my left)as that seems to be the major source of daily pain these days. Luckily, aspirin works for now. I'm avoiding shots or surgery as long as I can as I have heard and seen that they are only temporary fixes. (If at all in many cases)

Thanks for the prayers.

Oh...and good addition as well.

Any one heard from Jacy recently? She seems to have wandered off again. Hope it isn't the migraines again.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
98 pages and barely any story entries people.

I would add more stars if I could, but I guess I'll just say...

Get offa yer @$$es people!
(Then again, maybe because it's summer, that's exactly what they are doing and away from their confusers? Vacay and all that, ya know?)

I promise to add more tomorrow and start to bring the Anteros arc to a close. Thanks.
edit on 6-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Sprlling...um...splling....er...spelling!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hey guys and Gals. It's after Midnight here and I'm about to end my day! Fun it was, as well as painful.( Typical really, so not much more of a mention on that.)

NightStar, I do hope You have Good Luck with Your Doctors Appt. tomorrow.
I Will be praying heavily for You and am sending Positive Vibes Your way tonight Young Lady!
May the Love of The Shed and ALL who dwell here be with You!
And Rain, Thank You for Your well intended Angelicly Sent Prayers!! Very Nice Story entry there too!!!

TDawg, I hope for the Best for You as well with Your Doctor appt at the V.A. Hospital! I hope they give You the recognition You seek, about Your Back Problems. Hopefully You will get a Doc who actually looks at your records and see them for what they are, and not what he wants them to look like. Make sense? I'm a bit weary, but I hope You get what I'm saying......

Cody, You probably had the same Doctor who I have now who works me over once a week! LOL!! If not same Guy, prob his Cousin! LOL!!

Mura, my comm to Cody makes a nice segway to this; Yeppers, My Pain Clinic is a Dungeon of Pain! LOL!! At first I thought they would help me with my Pains, not cause them!!

Foss, Thanx for The Rainbow-Express-Mailed Prayers. Totally appreciated!! Maybe I'll catch ya on The Astral tonight.
Everyones crashed here so It's nice and quiet. A plus for trying to 'get out'!

Jacy??! Please check in? As mentioned, I too hope Your Headaches are not the cause of Your Absence!
Well, maybe that and hopefully not something more serious? ( I don't mean to make light of your Migraines.) We do worry about You, so Please, if You can, stop in?

Same for others on the absentee list. Check in, if You are able!??

Well, I'll be up in about 4 hours or so having coffee to start another day.
Maybe I'll see some of You then. Syx.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Good Mornin'! Had a nice nap.(Where's that sleepy eyed Emoticon?)

Night and TDawg, Best of Good Luck Today with Your Doctor Visits.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
G'Morn back at ya! Just doing a quick look see and a cup of coffee before my three S'es. Then it'll be off to downtown. Grrrr...that drive alone will raise my blood pressure. The route has turned into quite the maze due to all the roadwork going on. I'm going to head out two hours early just so I know I make it on time. I love driving, but not this trip. Give me the open road.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hey Bud! I don't know the specifics of travel in your neck of the woods, nor does it sound like I want to! ? Wow, man, 2 hrs early! What a pain in the ass that is to start yer day, eh?

Dawg, Good luck Today.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hello my lovelies,

Sorry I've been absent. Two migraines last week, and then a huge bout of depression followed.
I didn't want to write or talk...just kept listening to happy music and tried desperately to feel better.

Sending love and positive vibes to Night Star, Dawg and Syx...for your appointments today.

I'm still not feeling too chatty, but I'm here...and I'm trying. This too shall pass.

Love you ALL from here to infinity!
jacy

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy HI!!! So nice to see You! Sorry about your times as of late. But thankful You popped in!!! Was worried I have to admit Jacy.
(Passing a cup of fresh brewed Coffee To Jacy)

BRB in about 10, 15 mins. Grabbin a quick shower, then waking CC. We have a trip today, of which I didn't want to get into specifics to as not to distract from Night and Dawgs Doc appts today. Mine was yester, and I'm glad it's past. Man that guy irks me to no end. Says 'This will help ya" as he takes apart my spine! LOL!!!
BRB......

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hugs for Jacy. I always worry about you and all the others who we haven't seen in a while. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. That depression thing sucks so bad. I have to deal with that as well. Good Lord, we're all falling apart. So happy to see you here today!!!!

Oh wow Dawg. I didn't know you had spinal stenosis too! If asperin helps your nerve damaged leg, you are very lucky! Mine is the left leg too. LOL From the knee and up the thigh it is numb. Sometimes it is pins and needles and pain and that is when I need a medicine specifically for that. It helps tremendously. Are you on disability?

Got to get dressed. Love to you all!!!!! To all the missing folks in here...we miss you terribly and hope you join us soon!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Grateful for the coffee! *sip* *sip*
(sorry I got your appt. day wrong)

I have constant back pain too...often crash on the couch to sleep.
Last night, I went to bed. I woke up with the cat curled around my head on the pillow.
She laid her head on my forehead, and I thought, "Oh! Isn't that adorable!"
Then she started to purr. It sounded like a jack-hammer inside my head...so I bailed, and headed to the couch.

I hope you made a whole pot...of coffee I mean....*yawn*....
jacy

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join