It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL!!

Hortoneersa

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Gotta hit the hay man. Working on the truck turned into a all day and then some experience. And there is still more to do tomorrow. But all the little stuff is at least done and it got me to the grocery store. Wow! I'm zonked. Where'd the day go?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The day went fast for us too. Was at daughters, now we have Sadee for the next 4 days! Glad yer truck is about done bud. Hope it goes well, for the finishing touches! Maybe we can finish the knock knock tomorrow? LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
C'mon Syx, you know full well I don't write an entry until I've read was was written before

Whispers.

Whispers were the start to Foss' day; they started up after the amulet was pierced together, the final pieces locked in place.

Foss rolled over, almost landing in the dying embers of the fire's last breath. All around him, the protection shields appeared to be in place; everyone was fitfully in the dreamlands; each contained in their own fantasies, their own worries, there own nightmares.

TDawg appeared to have the most active dreaming session: twitching in his sleep, muttering in a language foreign to his ears, and it appeared that Foss wasn't the only one that was stiring; Syx was nowhere to be seen.

Seeing as all sleep had left, Foss got up, and decided to investigate the source of a rustling; it didn't appear to be any of the pixies, nor was it Jane; but the rustlings still were clearly done to get Foss' attention.

Carefully, his staff was drawn; the ever-present red glow of the crystal seemed brighter, in spite of the protective barriers around his companions and himself. Going toward the bushes caused a most curious effect; it seemed to Foss that the bushes pushed aside to create a path; trees moved their roots and put their branches into a sort of natural arch.

Stepping onto the path, all night sounds stopped. The crystal's color dimmed slightly, which at least helped to calm Foss' nerves. At the other end of the natural hallway, shrouded in shadow, was another figure. It did not move; nor did it speak, but the whisperings seemed tied to it.

Foss, having come within staff's reach of the thing, did the only thing that seemed logical; he stayed put, staff in hand, and waited.

Nothing like a good old cliffhanger to finish out the night.
-foss

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

(Hangin on the cliff Foss built!)

Hey Bud! How ya been?! Nice Edition Man!!

Good ta see You!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The bright sun made Night Star sleepy. She lie on the warm sand, closed her eyes and fell fast asleep. Something was tickling her nose. With her eyes still shut, she batted at the bug or whatever it was with her hand. Again, a feather-like tickling. Slowly she came to and was cross eyed trying to see what was at the end of her nose. Shaking her head, the tiny faery flew down to her lap. "Who are you?" asked the elf. The faery fluttered her gossamer wings and boldly sat atop the back of the white wolf.

"Who I am is not important. What's important is that you and your friends leave this place and rid the Dawg friend of his unwanted visitor." Night's eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What are you talking about? What do you know of my friend called Dawg and why would you want to help me and my other friends?"
"Alisa, my name is Alisa and I have been stranded here for a long time. If I help you, would you get me off this Island?"

The poor fragile looking being tugged at Night Star's heart strings. She seemed so sincere. She sensed truth from the faery, picked her up and held her gently in her hands. She stroked Alisa's soft auburn curls. "You may come with us. Wolf, let's go, we have to get back to camp to the others and demand that Dawg tell us the truth of his strange behavior." Before heading off, she looked behind at True's ship. Still no True.

"Oh him." replied Alisa. "He is caught in some sort of vortex. It will pass and he will come through soon enough." Night knew she could do nothing about a vortex and continued on her way toward camp, hoping that True would soon be released. She wondered of the rest of her companions and wondered if anyone else might have showed up while she was gone.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
PREVIOUSLY:
Suddenly he looked up to see a vast clearing opening up before him. There was a crystal-clear waterfall and a bank of long green grass or rushes following the meanderings of a small stream off into the distance.
The sun was getting high in the sky now, and he reckoned that it must be close to midday, when he thought he could hear a voice off in the distance...

Gordi strained to hear where the voice was coming from, but the noise of the waterfall made it difficult to locate it accurately, so he pressed on, across the clearing, following the path of the wandering stream, until at last the voice seemed to grow louder.

It was strange... muffled? And it kept changing... almost like a conversation between two people who have exactly the same voice but very different personalities?
The voice (or voices) seemed to be coming from an area just beyond the trees and undergrowth on the far side of the clearing. But Gordi hesitated, as the landscape became very strange here... indistinct somehow?
The light shifted and morphed, from shimmering sunlight to dark hazy shadow and back again. The trees off to the right seemed to make a curious ARC, almost like a gothic church’s vaulted ceiling, and there was a very unsettling rustling sound coming from the bushes beyond.

As he slowly made his way into the undergrowth a large black shadow swept across him as it momentarily blocked out the wavering sun...
Gordi FROZE... and tried to get a sighting of what had just flew overhead, but there was no way to see clearly through the thickening foliage that now surrounded him.
He glanced over his shoulder to look at the high-noon sun and his jaw dropped open...
In the short time it had taken him to cross the clearing and enter the undergrowth, the sun had changed position in the sky???
It now looked like a sunset, but the position was all wrong????
More like... Sunrise!!! But how could it be a Sunrise???? It was NOON about an hour ago!!
He crouched low in the grass and leaned back on the stump of an old fallen tree to gather his thoughts and try to make sense of what was happening, and it was then that he heard the voice again...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Good morning peeps!!!

It's a little after 7AM in the hills and valleys of West Virginia and what a way to start off the day.
Here's Rush and Fly by Night.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ooopsies!!!

Double post.......
edit on 3-8-2014 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hi Gimme! Long time no see.

Rush has been one of my favorites since I heard the entire 2112 Overture Album. Yes, vinyl! LOL!
The way it told a story for it's entirety was amazing to my 15 year old mind! It tripped me out that 3 guys could have such a full spectrum of sound! Amazing.

Night and Gordy, Very nice editions to our Story! I've been braggin' up this Thread to some who I have recently met here at ATS, and have extended invitations to all of them to join us here. Time will tell if they take me up on the offer.

Foss, and TDawg, I already told you guys how much I liked your latest too. So don't even go there! LOL!!!

Good Morning to ALL!!! Hope today brings smiles, and some happiness to everyone. I have a feeling that someone, (one of us) will have an unusual experience today. I woke with this feeling. Not sure of whom it will be, but it will be something totally different from their usual daily activities, unexpected, and truly remarkable. Maybe a lottery winner? Maybe they will meet someone here, who lives down the block from them? I don't feel it will be bad though. I Dunno......

(don't ask why I feel this, I just do.)

edit on 3-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Oh TDawg, (or anyone else who wants to play along)

EDIT
ok so noone wants to play)

Knock Knock! who's there? Hortoneersah, Hortoneersah who? So did I , right before Horton did. LOL!!!

( You know, Horton hears a Who.) LOL

Oh I kill me. Yah, I'm bored, can't ya tell?! LOL!!!

edit on 3-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hi guys

I'm back
the kids are at home and the whole wearing them out bit worked a treat, I still got it LOL.

Catch you all later................................

Cody

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Now that's a result and a half if I ever saw one!

Well played that man!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks True a result and a half indeed

How's your driving coming along my friend ?

Cody

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The driving is motoring along nicely! Thanks for asking

Done quite a bit of dual carriage way malarkey over the last four or so lessons, and so am now comfortable with controlling the car at higher speeds, as well as at low speeds in the small, gridded road systems on my doorstep. Also, my three point turn has improved no end!

I do however, need some advice on a matter, and will be U2Uing you in relation to that, if that is ok?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Of course it's OK bro

Glad to hear your vehicular activities are going so well.

Cody

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

While you were wearing them out, were the activities wearing you down as well?
You know, the old dog trying to keep up with the pups sort of thing.

I used to say, quite often, "Thank Dawg that vacation is over so I can get back to work and relax.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Morning Gentlemen!!

Beautiful day. Think I'll sit in the yard and read and relax. Already cooked stuffed peppers so early in the morning. LOL
Made some for Mom too and did all the dishes. I should take out a craft project but my niece and little Cody never ever keep the table cleared off. It's dirty and cluttered with God knows what.
I get so tired of cleaning up after them. Maybe another day.

Can't go in the pool. It's one of those blow up pools. LOL Works for me though. It has no valve to release the water and the water is all dirty. Dennis, my nieces hubby has this thingy to suck the water out but has to find it. They never buy anything to treat the water, so I'll have to. Could be days or weeks for him to find the damned thing. Sigh...That pool was my little slice of heaven. I could sit and lean back and read or just float about, looking up at the trees and the sky and making pictures out of the clouds and watching the birds...
edit on 4-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hiya Night. Yea, pools are maintenance intensive. Even those with filtration systems. Couldn't even go into the pool at my buds farmette since the levels were all off. Too much chlorine, PH was off as well, etc, overall a not to healthy combination for a human body. He ran out of coal to fire the heater too. I could soak my feet in it the one day it was warm enough to do so.

Hopefully the next time I sit the place it will be better.

What are you reading? I'm currently 1/4 through "Strategy: A History" by Lawrence Freedman. 632 pages of fine print dry history (and the authors opinion) but for some reason I find it interesting. I do have a thriller lined up after this one though to cleanse the palate of my mind.

edit on 4-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Currently reading a fantasy series with all kinds of interesting creatures, twists and turns and mysteries and excitement and whimsy. Next will be a book that Cody recommended months ago, but I still have one more book left of the series after the current one I'm reading. I have baskets of books waiting to be read. Some fantasy, some sci/fi, some ghostly ones etc.
I just love losing myself between the pages of another place and time.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join