It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
As I lay in that blissful meadow, the scent of roses and lavender and the lovely grasses rising and falling with the caressing breeze, my mind drifted with the few puffs of clouds in the deep blue sky, framed by the freshly green trees. I never, ever wanted to leave this spot, I thought to myself with a secret smile.

But these were still not my woods. I was somewhere far away, and on the other side of that rose brier lay a braying darkness, foulness and corruption. As I remembered my terrified flight, I could feel the fierce pacing behind the bushes, the fury of thwarted intent. I shuddered, my skin suddenly clammy and cold. For it was not just my memory, nor my imagination that had stirred, but the brier itself seemed to pulse ever so slightly, as if the monstrous enemy were lurking there, watching, seeking entry.

And beneath that, deeper, vibrating through the earth to my fingertips, still pressing into the sweet soil, a slow steady beat pounded from far was not the randomness of footfalls on the other side of the roses, but an unwholesome pulse, like a single dark heart, reverberating through the fair woods. Something about it was filled with sickness and despair...

I gasped in understanding. It was that heart, that evil beat, that had corrupted the woods beyond. It was that heart that had awakened the evil Hunters, that heart that now assaulted the border of this fair land...assaulted me as I felt it trying to pull me into its powerful rhythm.

The only thing I could think of was "away!" and so I dizzily stood, feeling the pulse more strongly now that I'd recognized it; it was there beneath my feet, insistent and horrible. As I stared wildly at the rose brier, I saw one red petal begin to blacken and curl to the beat of this Enemy. My breath shortened again with fear, my own heart pounding frantically against the dark thrum.

It was coming.

I ran; torn skirts lifted and boots pounding, wishing with all my heart to be safe, and home...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
a reply to: AboveBoard

Nice One AB!!!

Right - Here's how we get back on track to our spin-off pirate adventure!!

The Dragonstone glowed brightly as Jacy removed it from its pouch.
“This stone wields great power” she remarked calmly “but it’s power only lasts for six cycles of the sun, in keeping with the ancient Elvish elders traditions...We are CLOSE!”

TheDoctor scanned the area with his divining rods as the warriors kept watch under darkening skies. Thunder boomed and crackled in the distance and the winds ever-strengthened as leaves and twigs began to swirl and rise among them.

“HERE!” he cried at last, hovering over the entrance to an ancient tomb, it’s heavy Ash door hanging limp on a rusted and creaking hinge-plate.
“I could perchance endeavour to rectify the current ineptitude of that decaying remnant of formerly glorious iron mongery!” offered True.
“You mean Fix It?” asked Dawg with a huge grin.

All at once... everyone was stopped in their tracks, as the huge hinge C-R-E-A-K-E-D once more... MUCH louder this time and more... deliberate?
The huge Ash door swung open with an almighty groan, Lightning flashed across the bleak skies, the Trees moaned and swung wildly against the battering winds and there, right in front of them... a horrible shapeless dark smoky mass began to swirl and form.

“QUICKLY!” shouted Jane – “We need to re-work the spell and we need to do it NOW!”
The girls quickly linked arms around Jacy and the glowing Dragonstone, the men, (AND HOMER! LOL) forming a steely barrier of blade and shield all around.

In instant unison... the ancient chant was raised...
“Yateth, un brathmet,
Hallah un tasmaar,
Calen dir daemon,

Flames leaped from the Dragonstone, and thrust into the swirling mass... a fearful SHRIEK! filled the air, as gold & silver sparks flew in every direction. The rumble of the thunder rose to an unbearable ROAR, as the howling winds swirled and pulled - biting at the flesh of the heroic band. Lightning crashed once more and for a moment, it seemed that they were too late in their quest, for a pair of dark-red glowing eyes pierced through the smoky mass and glowered down at them... only to fade... and disappear.

It was as if the door to a beautiful, calm world had been opened.
The thunder ceased to growl, the lightning passed and the howling winds gave way to a soft breeze with gentle moonlight now rising above the far mountains. The black clouds parted, and the fresh moonlight shone on the entrance of the tomb to show the last traces of the smoking mass dissipating into the rock below.

All that remained there, was a small parchment... it was a MAP!

A MAP of HISPANIOLA! with a curious Skull and Crossbones design and a rather intriguing... X near the centre.

Their current quest was complete, and the dark demon had been defeated once more, but it looked like a new adventure lay just ahead?

There! So now - We have all caught up on the main (original) story, and can continue on our (current) Pirate Adventure!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:52 AM
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Thank you Gordi.....(((((( )))))

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:15 AM

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: TDawgRex
No wand required any good at GIVING hugs?

Actually yes, I am...but not to keen on receiving them. There are exceptions though. Hugs should not be bandied about all willy-nilly you know.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:18 AM
I know, and I've only tried to hug you once

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:24 AM
Quick addition...

Dawg looked left and right as he listened to the incantation.

"I thought it was supposed to be something like, Klaatu Barada Nikto, or necktie...whatever it is." he mumbled aloud. True gave him a sharp elbow and Homer smirked at him.

"You really are a idiot at times, you know that? Do you practice it or does it come naturally?"

Dawg feigned innocence. "What!? I'm just sayin'!"

"Oh shut up!"
edit on 27-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA. Just saw a opportunity to throw a little Bruce Campbell in there...LOL

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM

originally posted by: TheDoctor46
So hows everyone doing in the shed today?...I bet your all getting a trifle exited now about the gathering
..Im getting exited because my washing machine has almost finished its cycle lol....How rad im i? i liked your rainbow tardis and daliks

Hi Doc!
Good to see you.

I'm doing great, bud - REALLY looking forward to The Gathering... just Weds and Thurs to kill and then WhooHoo!!
...I can show everyone my stamp collection, 17,500 items from 1876-1963!!
And my collection of Holiday snaps - 23,437 in total!! (They're not mine, but I do like to show them to any guests)
Then there's the 163,000 newspaper clippings from the local paper, mainly focused on the hilarious goings on with the local council sewerage depot and roads dept!!
I have an amazing collection of bottle tops and washer/drier lint too... You would have LOVED seeing that!
and the real highlight will be watching the paint dry on my window sills when all the guests finish painting them!

(Do you think I've put 'em off yet?? LOL)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM

Cool Dawg! **Pat Pat** LOL

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

and the real highlight will be watching the paint dry on my window sills when all the guests finish painting them!

*adds overalls to list of things to pack*

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
A storm had brewed, wicked and black with whipping winds and cold, stabbing rain had appeared out of nowhere... I kept on...Running...a blur of trees and the lashing of branches...I stumbled...fell...

I rested on the ground for a moment...curling against the sting of the weather...then, like my moment at the crossroads when all this began...everything changed in a blink. The sun came back out and the sky cleared...the strange, wicked pulse ceased...there was a deep calm again, and I eased myself up gently from the ground.

I noticed I had stumbled on the edges of what must have been a merry gathering...I blinked...

A brightly painted building was tucked in here, a kind of...shed? With glorious multicolored rainbows and swaths of bright blue and yellow and green, like an enchantment it glowed happily to itself...

"Hallo?" I called out carefully...but like the merry remnants of the party, the place seemed empty...

"Well, then," I said aloud to no one in particular, "I guess I must have missed the boat on this one..." I sighed, and sat for a moment on a convenient rock. I looked over at the little jewel of a building in the forest, all locked up tight, it seemed. I was tempted to jiggle the door, just in case. "Nah," I said again, to no one, "I'm no Goldilocks."

The danger seemed passed, but I was still in some strange world, and nary a clue as to how to return to my own woods, my own home in the forest... I looked back the way I had come, wondering if it was even possible to retrace my steps to see if the danger still lingered or was really gone...but even if I found that meadow, I would not know my way through the briar and thorn back to the starting point - I was lost, and that alone was certain.

Shrugging to myself, I got up, dusted off and tramped off back into the forest, searching for a trail, for a crossroad home...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hiya Jane!

Please don't apologise, there really is no need. I've confused myself to be honest. I've been trying to write in a style that is way out of my depth and now I barely know my R's from my elbow. I have skills (very basic) in writing a certain way if I have to but no talent for it whatsoever. I feel like I'm trying to translate from a foreign language in brail with no hands. Sometimes I doubt that there even was a war or that we ended up in a harbour, I still don't really know. Have I ever mentioned that I'm thick as poo?

I could do with a holiday to be honest, oh yeah, Im going on Friday! Yay!

Gordi, excellent writing as always! As for Dougies report card? I blame the parents!
Well done Dougie! I'm trying to keep up with two pages here so please bear with me, anyway, if you're bringing stamps could I bring my collection of bridge photo's? I have transporter bridges, suspention bridges, foot bridges...

Do you have a projector or should I bring my own?

Dawg, I agree, the writing here really is excellent exercise for the brain but my brain feels like a school dropout that woke to final exams at Cambridge Uni right now.

Doc, welcome home! All's as well as can be here, hows you? I'm soooo excited about the gathering! Still haven't decided what I'm going to wear, I'll probably still be packing as the plane pulls into the terminal.

(Note to self, start getting organised.)

AB, Welcome to our Shed! I love your additions to the story and happy to see another writer amongst us. Hurry up and find your way to the big house though or you'll be late to dinner. (It's OK, I'm not cooking and burnt steak was yesterday

Massive hugs to everyone!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM

Well Done AB!!
Jings! You don't mess about???
Straight in there and pick up the ball whilst it's still rolling!
I LOVE IT!!!!!

PS - Don't stray too far from the shed, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to pick you up!
(Otherwise - Who'd pilot YOUR ship??)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM

Nice. I'm looking forward to your continued journey to find the rest of the crew.

Make it quick though...time's a'wastin'.
Only 492 pages to go.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
a reply to: Tsu322

And Massive Hugs to you as well!

Hi everyone! Good to see all the fantastic story segments being created once again. Alas, I am burnt out from a particularly taxing day of manning the shop by myself, but I am glad that others have not hit the same wall of creativity that I am currently plastered across. I feel rather like an errant pancake at the moment!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:36 PM
Wonderful additions to the story!

Gordi, do you really have a stamp collection? I inherited a lot of old stamps and coins from my Dad and have no idea what they are worth. Oh and...Congratulations on wee Dougie and his success at school! Tell him we are all proud of him and to keep up the good work!

Dawg, I love your comic relief in the story. You always make me chuckle.

A very good morning/afternoon or evening to you all.

I am so jealous of the gathering soon to take place. You guys will connect and be closer than ever. Please know that I will be there with you in spirit. I know you will all have a blast and have many pics and stories to share. I shall have to live vicariously through you all.

The rest of us poor folk will keep the thread alive. LOL

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
a reply to: TrueBrit

An errant pancake. Hahahahaha! Almost spit my coffee out!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
a reply to: Night Star

You know the sort. Tossed out of the pan, and stuck to the ceiling, forgotten until it drops, damp, cold and limp, upon ones head the morning after.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
Cody having taken his time to get into his leathers placed his skull shaped crash helmet upon his head and fired up the beast behind the main house.

"I think I'll take one last look at the old place" he thought to himself, wearily he placed his old green rucksack on his back and rode slowly to the front of the house.

"Damn we've had some good times here despite Dawg and Homer's grilling abilities, or lack thereof." He chuckled to himself, he remembered finding Sporky and the terrible way he rode the dragon home. "Not like a bike he thought."

As he looked down a trail he thought he caught sight of maiden, "Best check it out Codster, been some weird stuff going on around here."

As he gallantly road forward he drew a sharp intake of breathe, I know her he thought, I'm sure we went to art school together, we shared a class with that big monkey. What was his name ? BFF something or other, I'm sure of it.

The maiden looked around and immediately recognised the distinctive helmet.

"Well if it isn't Cody you old rascal" She laughed "Still trying to look up the girl's skirts are you ?"

AB !!!!!!!!!!!!! Cody exclaimed, "I got some really cool friends I'd like you to meet, here grab this rucksack and climb on, I've a feeling you'll enjoy this ride" He winked

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:07 PM
Hi all!
I'm sorry I lost track of the other thread! I miss you all.
It's the season though for everything to come back to life, including me.
We have had a wildfire breathing down our necks for slightly over a week now too, and just when I thought I would have a few lazy days to catch up on reading. You are all beautiful!

Tommy boy and I will go about our summer in the woods and we will try to find you all again next season!
Give each other a huge hug for me when you all meet face to face please! And just because, Hug the Dawg!

(Oh, just to let you know, Tommy boy wandered through the yard and away from the fire area the first few days of the fire, so him and his parents and siblings and cousins are all safe and sound!!)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:16 PM
a reply to: woodsmom

Hi all

Gbro my hearty congrats on wee Dougie's report card. Welcome to Jane's proud dad club LOL

Woodsmom good to know are still safe, I meant what I said.

True watch out for those slippery buggers my friend.

AB and everybody some great additions guys

Jane I love the colours you choose

And generally a very good day to you all.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>