It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I would recommend that you don't over think it. Rather work around it.

You, Jane and Jacy are the editors of this story as far as I'm concerned. As such, you all have free license to do what you will.

All stories must come to a end at some point, and may be reborn again as another adventure, (The LOTR Trilogy comes to mind). Hell, The Shed ended and was reborn as "The Shed 2".

Take a break, (I've found holidays to be more stressful than weekends, to many expectations), relax, think it over.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Because the posts are so random and few and far between, it is easy for us to get confused. I was confused myself which is why I had myself on an Island alone. I was intrigued by Dawg's direction so made it so I was on the same Island so I could get involved. I think if everyone posted more regularly the story could take shape better and it would be easier to follow along. If someone makes the story confusing, it should be pointed out so that they could revise their post to make more sense.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

BAck now, but going to help CC re-do her operating system on her PC. Night I agree that since it was only a few of us writing, things got a bit confused. I have a suggestion that we all get back to the main island in the next couple entries of ours.
I too was alone, with CC, cause I wanted to write SOMETHING! LOL!! I am near You and TDAwg, and jacy has become conscious again after I slapped her! us4, TDawg, Night, CC, and I canget back to Hispanolia over the course of a couple entries each, while having our little adventures continue, while on the way back, and meet up with Jacy maybe?
This way, Gordy can stop sulking in the corner, (Just kidding Gordy as I know you put a lot of thught in your story line, and we can continue with getting the stones together to go on our map-quest? TDawg can be doing some evil on his part whilst this is going on, and can maybe even interfere with opur treasure hunt?? (Not sure where you are heading TDawg, as far as who or how your going to be F-_...n with us!! LOL!!!
Will this work guys? I'll try to get back on here in a few hours. I'll check my U2u of you's want to let me know how to proceed..... JANE HELP US!!!

Maybe we can go back some odd pages to see how and where me, night and TDawg are... JAcy has a recent one too.

Night, And TDawg, GREAT additions guys!! SOrry if I left anyone out who recently contributed, but I am in a bit of a hurry...
I know TDAWG, " Damn Syx, SLOW DOWN!!!!"
I'll check this board too for any sugg's from you guys! Cody HELP! MURA?!? ANYONE?!??!! LOL

Ok guys, I'll be back. WIsh me luck with CC's puter......

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think we should stop going back and forth so quickly. Kinda makes yer head spin and brings in more confusion. Yes, we can do that but I'd recommend letting the story unfold a bit more first then lead up to it. But, hey whatever you guys decide, I'll try to keep my head on strait and follow. LOL
edit on 16-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I think I'm on to you now Syx. You're not a Dragon at all...but rather a Squirrel, with wings, and addicted to Red Bull!

Now step into the copper cage buddy, plenty of Red Bull here for ya. LOL

Badda-bing! Badda boom! The worlds energy problems are solved.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

....This way, Gordy can stop sulking in the corner....

Aye right!
I'm just a bit lost...

...don't know where to go with it when it's all fragmented again.

It's great that we all have a different take on which way the storylines should go, that's EXACTLY what it should be all about IMHO? But when the continuity of the story gets broken, I find it really hard to get back in synch.

I LOVE the way the story can twist and turn, and how everyone can spring their own surprises on us!!
THAT IS BRILLIANT!
I just feel that when that happens, it should happen in a way that makes sense and "fits in" with the previous chapters. For me, just now, that hasn't happened.
It feels like we've suddenly "jumped", from the beach uniting the stones and about to drink the flagon of dragon rum, (to fulfill the writings of the haitian scrawls on the map), to being back on the boats, all separated and off on another venture entirely? (For me, it's like someones ripped 3 or 4 pages out of the book!!)

Might just be me?

If so, I shall simply shut up! LOL

G

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There's a story there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh dear God!!! I just wrote a HUGE reply....and it's gone. It did a freaking flit-poof! WTH????

Bah! Okay, short version: Basically, too much story is better than not enough.
If we're gonna make this a finished product, like an e-book....then we need extra stuff to eventually edit out, for the sake of continuity.

I'm certainly not in charge of this, and am flexible. I can go with the flow.
The writers want to write....the readers want more story to read.
Somehow, we all got separated...let's have our adventures, and get back together.

It's a fantasy, it's a mystery and it's a collaboration. Right now, there is no finished product...it's a work in process.

I have complete faith in all of us, and this adventure. If we end up a little in left field, lol...it will all work it's way out by the end. Yes?

jacy

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Aww Gordi, I was a bit lost too.
Then Dawg said he wanted to write some more, but wanted his character to encounter a 'dark-entity' type episode, to intensify the story.
I forgot where I was supposed to be lol, and put myself back on the ship...alone with Sophie...and everyone has mysteriously disappeared.
We're all trying to find each other again, so we can continue...but, I think we're gonna have a wee spot of trouble before we get the stones together, to attain the treasure.

You just need to wake up and find yourself alone....hehe....start locating the rest of us...and voila! story can continue.
Jane is AWOL....some members may not have time to participate for a while. We can 'wing it'....like I said earlier, too much story is fine, we can edit it down eventually to make it flow.

C'mon, you can write some filler, you're brilliant!
Wanna rescue me? I think Dawg is up to nefarious shenanigans!

jacy

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I write most of my submissions in MS Word before I copy and paste them. Hopefully, That way I don't stomp on somebody else post. And I can always reference them later if I'm forgetful.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Same here Dawg, but I think I need to spend some time going back....waaaaay back....and putting the story, in it's entirety...in another thread. Story only, no chit-chat. Comments can be directed back to THIS thread.
That way, anyone who wants to read from the beginning can...and we will have a place to reference where we left off.
Now, I just need a block of time to get that done.

Too many chefs may spoil the broth, but too many writers? Nah...we can do this!

jacy

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

jacy

FILLER??

How dare you!! My stuff is all KILLER!!!! ROFL

Ok I feel another "Dallas" moment coming on.... Shower scene?? "What? It was all a dream?? again???" LOL

I will try Hunny. (But how do you know that I'm not WITH the "DARK" DAWG?????? Mwaghahaaaa!!!!!!)

Gx

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: jacygirl

jacy

FILLER??

Ok I feel another "Dallas" moment coming on.... Shower scene?? "What? It was all a dream?? again???" LOL

Gx

Gordi, when I started writing this story by myself...at least THREE different times I wrote the same phrase: Wot's real?

If you wanna go dark too, then have at it!
Me and Sophie can take of ourselves!
Hmph!
Why such a rush to get the treasure anyway? Might as well have some adventures along the way!

jacy

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Gordi awoke to a gorgeous sunrise, and a mouthful of sand! on the most beautiful Haitian beach he had ever seen.
Unfortunately he also appeared to be sporting the most horrendous hangover, in the long history of mans many follies with the demon drink!

"WTF!!!
...Now I know why it's called "NAGA" with a Dragons bite! I'm gonna kill True when I find him! TRUE!!! TRUE!!! Where are ya bud?"

But, no one else was in sight.

So, he slowly struggled to his feet, noted the bright Pink boxer shorts that now served as his only blush-savers, and tried to bring his eyes into focus...
"Where is everyone?" he mused..

Gradually, his head cleared and his eyes came to focus on the scene before him.

It looked for all the world like a huge tornado had ripped through their gathering place.
Empty bottles, clothing and the remnants of party food lay all around the lovely beach.
The map, stones and all of his shed family had gone.

He felt utterly alone.

A tear came to his eye, and his head slumped down to his chest. Staring at the warm sand - he started to make out a familiar shape...
it was footprints! Heading off into the nearby woods.

The problem was.... they were NOT all HUMAN!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
(Since nary a vote...here goes! Yea...I know...sometimes things fly fast and furious here. No longer asking for permission, but rather forgiveness. LOL)

The Crow, George, flew through the woods at breakneck speed. “I’ve got to find them,” he thought. At last he spotted a flash of color in all the green of the forest. “AHA! I’ve got you now.” The Crow landed in a branch above the trios heads. “You can’t escape you know.” the crow said.

Jacy looked up startled, “Can’t escape what?” then realized she had no idea of what she was looking at as all she saw were trees. “Who’s there?” she inquired.

“Ignore it…it’s just some old pirates Magpie, it likes to speak in riddles. I’ve been listening to it for years.” Dawg/Anteros growled.

Jacy looked at Dawg. “Years? What are you talking about?”

“Days, I meant days. C’mon, we have to find Jane. We have to find the Stones and bring them back together.” And with that he pushed on not realizing that Sophie had crept into the forest.

Meanwhile…

Sophie crept up on the Crow until she was within striking distance. “Who are you?” The Crow jumped and squawked. “Crap Rat! You scared the feathers offa me!”

“I’m a ferret, not a rat and once again I ask, Who…are…you?” The ferret took a step closer. The Crow cocked it’s head at her. “I’m George and I’m a watcher…or a guard?” he cocked his head the other way, “It’s all confusing most of the time, so I consider myself a bit of both…easier that way!”

“And why are you following us, watching us?”

The crow lowered its head down to eye-level with Sophie. “You really don’t know do you? That’s amazing! Wait until the Wiz hears about this!”

“Who’s the Wiz?”

The crow cawed its laughter. “You don’t know who the Wiz is? He’s the Warden here! Are you serious!? You have all just broken into a prison!” The crow fell off the branch he was laughing so hard.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Good Morning Rock Stars! Hope today will be bringing everyone something,
A: They will enjoy
B: They will cherish.
C: They will learn from.
D: All of the Above!
And included with everything above, I Hope Today Brings You All Smiles!

But WAIT, there's more! Now for a limited time, if you get here within the next 30 Days,You can recieve a Hug from ALL the members of The Shed!
So JoinUs NOW and receive your everlasting Memories!!!

Enjoy? Check : Relaxed atmosphere at school due to end of term wind down, so for the first time in months we all just sat and chatted at tea time and had a laugh (usually most of us work madly through tea break or the conversation revolves around problems to be solved)

Cherish? Check. : Said farewells to classes I will not see again this year, and probably wont be teaching next year. Wished them well and got lots of thank yous back.

Learn from? Check : Fifteen year olds would rather have chocolate over any other option, including giving up a lesson to watch a film. They will work for chocolate! (Bribery and corruption alive and well in my classroom at the moment
)

So I'm here for my hug now.
Hey mmpphhff ((((( Gordi ))))) that hug smells ..... er.... yummy? That would be the Haggis then?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey Jacy, I finally caught the show - the bit about the shed. I'm pretty new here but you made me proud to be a part of it. I can absolutely back up the bit you said about everybody being welcome. I hung around for a short while then simply gave up waiting for a convenient break in the conversation to introduce myself politely and simply jumped in.

I am so glad I did because the welcome here has been so warm and the camaraderie and friendships so genuine. I hope your plug on the show encourages others to join in too.

To those who are lurking in the shadows I say stop lurking. But just do it - just say hello and jump in. I am a bawling newbie (just over a month on ATS) and this shed place seems very intimidating to try break in to but once you get here you will find it is great.

Close your eyes, hold your nose (and all the wobbly bits), cross your legs, clench your toes and simply write "Hi". This shed family seem so tight knit and know each other so well and yet they are waiting with open arms, hugs and haggis for you. (Haggis optional I hope - at least it hasn't been enforced yet...)
edit on 16-7-2014 by Mura44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Well Mura, stop teetering on the edge of the pool. you already know the waters cold.

Jump on in!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Aww Mura....geez....you've just about got me bawling now....

Thank you.

Wow, lost for words....I'm just so glad you held your wobbly bits and jumped in! We might seem 'tightly knit' now, but a few months ago, we were strangers. Now I'm offering up my kidneys and even worse...offering to get on a freaking airplane to do it!

This is a magnificent group of people, and my life has benefitted from knowing you all.
The more the merrier!!

To anyone who is lurking/reading but shy...send me a u2u and I will let you know how welcome you are...to chat, write or sing a song, hehe.
Going to get a tissue now,
jacy

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join