It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
a reply to: Tsu322

Hey Tsu!

Not that anyone wants to know where a lot of my writing styles come from - but I read a lot of classics, and dystopian fiction. The last bit was my internal Tolkien deciding to write. If I ever decide to post my horror stories, you'll find them primarily Stephen King-esque, with a dash of Douglas Adams (for humor), and a small dusting of Lovecraftian influence thrown into the mix. I don't have a consistent style either - it changes based on what I'm currently reading.

@Jacy - Goodnight!

@TDawg - Ha, my town still has no red lights - the most recent thing that they got was a Subway (8 years back). Only two blinking reds through town. They recently picked up a couple people from "da hood", so it's not as safe there as it used to be (They don't do much, except for graffiti parking lots, and occasionally steal something not tethered down like lawn gnomes).

And yes, sometimes kids will still ride tractors to school, and do 80+ on the backroads - Even the cops race their ATV's on one of the trails after-hours.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Hiya Night! Hugs!

I thought we were going to take a while finding Jaky too, I don't know where I am from one day to the next.

I'm thinking maybe Gordi could add his part of the story and we go from there?

I haven't seen anything about the comps in the main forums either. I'm not sure if I'm entering this time though, it looks complicated lol.

Wow, those kids sound rowdy, haha. Glad you had a good time though.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
a reply to: Tsu322

No....of course not. Most towns in Wisconsin are fairly small agricultural communities. Milwaukee is the only city we have in my opinion. Anything bigger than that are college towns and anything smaller than those are farming towns.

I like it that way.

Even Green Bay is considered small, Pop: 104,868, and yet they have one of the winningest teams in American Football. And they are the only team in the NFL that will never go anywhere because the city and fans basically own the team.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
a reply to: fossilera

Lol, I'm nowhere near finding my own voice in writing, I'm always imitating other writers too.
I was trying to imitate my guru for a bit but comedy seems far more me.

I didn't think you would be into horror writing? I tried it but never really got the hang of it. Mind you I don't like scary things so that could be something to do with it.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

Where I'm from has a pop of about 150,000 I think, people there don't even know the neighbours anymore. Where I am now though is about 2 miles from a town of 37,000, it seems tiny to me. The people are a lot more friendly up here though.

I'm off to bed now peeps, it's twenty past three here and I'm seriously flagging.

See ya soon.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:52 AM
Sorry I missed you Tsu. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:44 AM

Jane, I love that picture, when are we going?

We're already there!
I'm sorry if my story telling has confused people.

Here's a synopsis of what I contributed.
In Shed I we were about to head into battle, but jacy had disappeared.
So to avoid a head on battle, we prepared to leave the shed and set off as pirates on a world tour.
Gordi and I worked out where jacy was and we headed off to rescue her.
The rest of you guys were busy sorting out the final preparations for our world cruise.
Gordi and I rescued jacy and appeared on the quayside with her in the campervan.

Nobody was posting much on here (Shed II), so I decided to weigh anchor and drag you all off in your respective boats to Hispaniola as Gordy had suggested as our first stop. There is a map further back and I 'borrowed' a piccy of Bora Bora to get your desert island imaginations going as we have a treasure map to solve!

I'm sorry if I've confused everyone.....I'll shut up now.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
I think I'm... just about following it! LOL

The original plot line got as far as the Valentines Party.
Then we decided to do more spin-offs while waiting for the Shed Thread to close.
(We were then going to start the new thread with the "link" piece that I had already written.)
But in the spin-offs, people were wandering outside... falling into holes, bringing polar Bears in! and finding old churches...
Most of the spin-offs have since been completed, or incorporated into the main thread story, but the old church one grew arms, legs, feet and dangley bits... leading to a potential war? a kidnapping, a riddle/challenge, a rescue, and currently to the fleet of pirate vessels being assembled for our departure to the next adventure!!

The wee "link" story would have taken us from the Party, directly onto another adventure, by looping back to our very first part of collaborative writing (about the still-beating heart beneath the graveyard) but It would be difficult to try and incorporate that now? (as we would all still have to be at the party for it to work!)

If no one objects? I will try my best now to pull it all together? (Emphasis fully on TRY!!!! LOL) but..uggh!!!?? (I think I may have to pull "a Dallas"?? LOL)

So, From where we currently are in the spin-off... gathering the fleet etc...

Gordi took one last long glance back at the receding coastline, as their small fleet departed for pastures new.
The old shed was safely locked up and secured, and the campervan had been stowed in one of the cargo holds of the vessels – “You never know when that will come in handy again!” he thought aloud.

Thankfully, Jacy was safely back with the group, and was happily playing with Sophie up on the foredeck of their beautiful ship, seemingly unharmed by her recent ordeal.
Syx and CC were sadly temporarily absent, taking care of their domestic affairs before setting off, as was Rodi who had taken a short leave of absence for reasons best left untold! But everyone who was present seemed baffled and confused by the dark spells that they had encountered of late.
Someone or Something had kidnapped Jacy for purposes as yet unknown, and the whole group had been tricked by a powerful spell, into making preparations for a war that didn’t need to be fought.
Like a cloak of darkness, blinding everyone to the light and the truth.
Thankfully the deed was spotted before any major damage had been done.
But Evil forces had been at work, and it made a great deal of sense to get a safe distance away, whilst the group of rainbow warriors was so affected by them, and to figure out what had happened and who was responsible.
A map had been found, and it looked like it may lead to... Treasure, or perhaps even a clue to the identity of our tormentors? At any rate it would give the hearty companions time to regroup, relax and maybe have a bit of fun in the process.
Just then, a strange smell wafted over the deck of the ship... like... The burning of meat!
“Oh My GOD!!!! OGRES!!!!” shouted Gordi! “Everyone to their Stations!!!”

The Alarm Bells were rung and the crews ran to their posts as fast as their legs could carry them...
Ogres nearly always smelled of burning Meat, it was by far their most preferred source of food, but How did they get out HERE???? Surely they were neither that courageous, resourceful OR foolish?
It was at this moment that Foss came into view, waving from the Foc’sle of his nearby ship.
“Sorry Guys! False Alarm! Erm... dinner might be a little bit overdone tonight!” He shouted “Darn! It was nice Steak as well ”
The relief on the faces of the entire fleet was almost overwhelming as a stifled giggle grew into a glorious, uproarious laughter!

Up ahead, a beautiful tuquoise bay came into view, and many of the tired travellers took the opportunity for a well-earned dip in the still, warm and soothing waters...

Gordi sat back against the main mast, and closed his eyes, just for a second...
Soft music gently filled the air, and the murmurs and giggles of his shed mates made him smile. He heard the clink of glasses, and smelled the wonderful aromas of a hearty banquet...
"Hang On!" he thought... "Where's the music and banquet smells coming from????"
He leaped to his feet, only to bang his knee on the kitchen table!
"OUCH!! What the hell's going on??"

"You Fell asleep!! You Muppetous Rogue!" chirped True, as Cody and Foss looked on curiously.

"No.... I... We were... off on a..." Gordi's voice trailed off as realisation dawned..."It was just a...dream? But it was SO REAL!" he said sadly.

"Perhaps a Premonition of things to come!" smiled Jane as she passed by with a fresh tray of drinks.

"Have another Drink!" they all shouted in unison!
And the party wore on into the wee small hours...

NOW I can do the wee link part.... and then someone can somehow develop the "Still-beating heart" story... to loop round into our "premonition" spin off? where the still-beating heart belongs to whomever has been tormenting/deceiving us? Which will in turn lead us off on our pirate adventure to Hispaniola??

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:57 AM
OK - THIS is the link piece that will loop us from the party into the "Still-Beating Heart" storyline...

The Shed – After the Party

After the music had faded, and most of the guests had left, the few remaining party survivors were sitting around the fire, sipping coffee, telling bad jokes! and swapping stories...

Still slightly embarrassed by falling asleep, Gordi decided to liven things up by telling a TRUE story!
"It was almost exactly SIX years ago... Tonight!" he said, with a twinkle in his eye...
"Whaaaat?" asked Jacy, as Night's pointy ears perked up.. and True leaned forward to hear better, as he sat his Rum glass on the oak table with a heavy thump.

Jane glanced around the room, smiled, then nodded for Gordi to continue...
"It was almost exactly six years ago... when the Ogres first came to the forest and tried to steal our dragonstone!" he continued,
Tsu turned from the fire and stared fixedly at the storyteller... "We have a dragonstone?" she asked softly.
"Well, we.... did!" he smiled...
"In this realm" Jane added, "things are not always what they seem to be. An Ogre may be just an Ogre, or he may be....something more."
"You mean... a phasmid don't you?" asked Tsu, "...a deeper, darker evil - disguised as an Ogre?"
"Got it in One!" replied Jane.
"So, what was it then?" asked Cody, as he finished putting all the party dishes in the sink.
"It was the very essence of evil" replied Gordi, "A demon so wretched and so powerful, that it took all of our strength and Love to defeat it - ALL of us!" He glanced round the room...
True was nodding... "I remember!" he said, "We... we KILLED IT!"
"Well, in a way..." replied Jane, "You see, this particular demon was... already... dead, so to speak! But, We still had to find a way to defeat it, and the very dragonstone that it was after, made that possible"
"Dragonstones have the power to capture still-beating hearts" added Tsu, "I read it in an old witches book of shadows"
"Yes, exactly that!" replied Jane, with a nervous glance towards the forest, beyond the still-open...
"What's wrong?" asked jacy,
"It's probably nothing... but..." Jane's voice tailed off as the realisation dawned....

"It's NEARLY SIX YEARS!!!!" She gasped, as she leaped to her feet "The Dragonstone's spell only lasts for SIX YEARS!!!!! We have to GO!! and We have to GO RIGHT NOW!!!"

Everyone jumped to their feet in unison, even Sophie, TommyBoy, the Gerbils, and the last of the straggling party guests KNEW that it was time for ACTION!
"It looks like a storm is coming" said Serdge, who had been keeping watch... "I'll get Fossil, Grayeagle and Rodi, somebody wake up Homer and TDawg! and WHERE have CrappieKat and Woodsmom GONE??"
"Whaaat... whaaat's up?" asked TheDoctor as he wakened from his cosy slumber, "We need your.... wizards talents!" replied Night, as she flitted around the room gathering charms and crystals,
"We have a demon's heart to find! Get your act together, Grab your divining rods, and meet us in the garden in 5 minutes! There's a storm approaching, and we don't have much time!"
"Jacy - we need you to gather Whimsy, Storm and all of the dragons - AND I have a feeling that Syx may come in handy too...when the time comes" added Jane.

The Stout-hearted Cody, Gordi, True, Foss and Serdge looked resplendent in their gleaming armour, guitars and trumpet-horns now magically replaced by sword, shield and axe.
The elven ladies of the shed had donned their leather capes, helmets and quivers of rainbow-feathered arrows, their bows strung tightly and hung over one shoulder.
The troupe of dragons, gerbils, ferrets, polar bear, owl, bunny slippers and all manner of other creatures from this realm gathered before them, with a sense of foreboding and the sure knowledge that a most challenging quest was about to test their mettle.

The group of friends who had been laughing, dancing and singing not an hour before, now stood beneath darkening skies, on the edge of the forest, eyes fixed firmly to the North,
Towards Moddar and it's ancient, crumbling tombstones... their quest to find and destroy the demon's heart had begun....

The crows leapt into the air from the bony branches of the old elm... for they too had heard it!
The low, soft murmur of his Cold...dead...heart... still beating in the casket below the graveyard...
Angry Winter winds blew forth across the darkened sky as lightning streaked passed them on their journey through the ancient graveyard. Their own hearts beating wildly with fear.... as the shadows flashed, and the ground shook with each roll of thunder. They cowered behind a headstone as a blood curdling cry emanated from behind a crumbling gazebo behind the gatekeepers house.
Willow hung, obscuring all but three greying pillars and swaying slightly to strobe the grass with the moon. The sound came again...
...the deathly cold, pounding, gut-wrenching sound of that hollow heart.

But why? Why Now? Hadn't it been nearly six years since the inhuman beast was killed, yet his black heart beat with evil. "What kind of dark magic is this?" asked Night Star.
The Wizard replied "It is a magic of the most ancient sort, straight from the Pnakotic mythos themselves. The one that controls the magic will feel its might, and so, will meet their demise...
They all looked up in unison, as they heard it... the blood-curdling c-r-e-a-k of ancient hinges, rusted with a hundred years of sorrow and tears, hanging heavy upon their dulled pallour...

RIGHT - That's the loop done!
A Quick search of the graveyard and we find something that sends us off to Hispaniola and we're all back together, up-to-date and sorted?? (OR have I made things worse??? LOL)

"Ach Weel, at least ahhh tried mah best maan!" sighed Gordi!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:35 AM
Wee Dougie got his "Report Card" from Nursery today, I'm nearly crying reading it!
"He is always willing to try new experiences"
"...has an awareness of other peoples feelings and is always willing to help the other children"
"...will listen attentively... and can retell stories in his own words"
"..can be very competitive when playing board games"!!! LOL
" always keen to play outdoors"
"...enjoys role play...has a vivid imagination...particularly enjoys keen to join in with singing and dancing as well as instrument playing"
"..positive approach to learning...keen interest in the world around him...always keen to learn...will persevere and complete a task without being prompted"
"It has been a pleasure having Dougie in the group and I wish him well in his transition to school..."

< ----------- Gobsmacked! Well Done Wee Man! (He's only 4!)

edit on 27-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add more info

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:40 AM
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

OK...let me see if I have this straight.

We all had been together six years ago, fighting this evil and when all was said and done, the majority of us had our brains wiped of the event? And now we are all together again to set things right again? And in some cases (or maybe all?) our memories are returning?

Am I tracking so far?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:56 AM

originally posted by: TDawgRex

OK...let me see if I have this straight.

We all had been together six years ago, fighting this evil and when all was said and done, the majority of us had our brains wiped of the event? And now we are all together again to set things right again? And in some cases (or maybe all?) our memories are returning?

Am I tracking so far?

hmm Sort of Yeah!
Many of the shed dwellers come and go from "this realm" at will, and time isn't always... linear?
At some point in the past (nearly six years ago) those who were present at the time were attacked by an evil demon (who had taken the form of a simple ogre).
We managed to defeat him by using the Dragonstone to capture his heart, and sealed it in a casket beneath the old graveyards of Moddar. BUT - the Dragonstone magic only lasts for 6 years... and now his demonic heart can be heard beating again!! (Still-Beating)
So, we have assembled the warriors to go and find the casket, and re-do the spell or (otherwise defeat the demon again).
I know this part seems a little "out of synch" now, but it was first conceived as a way of continuing from "The Valentines Party" onto a fantasy adventure storyline by incorporating a loop into our original story idea (The Still-Beating Heart).
I didn't have the opportunity to introduce it before now, but Tsu, Jacy and others had asked that it should still be aired, so I am trying (rather clumsily it seems!!!) to unveil it in a way that allows us to "re-join" our pirate adventure in due course (VERY SOON!!) LOL

Clear as Mud! LOL I'll get my coat...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM

Awwww bless...takes after his daddy!

I expect you and Cody to be wearing them at The Gathering!

As to our story, I'm sorry again I've muddled you guys up and confused your storyline Gordi.
I'll stick to contributing as we go along in future.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
So hows everyone doing in the shed today?...I bet your all getting a trifle exited now about the gathering
..Im getting exited because my washing machine has almost finished its cycle lol....How rad im i? i liked your rainbow tardis and daliks

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
a reply to: angelchemuel

Your additions are OK in my book...but then again, I'm here to learn and have fun.
Every ones additions/contributions are a excellent brain exercise as far as I'm concerned. Keeps me on my toes trying to keep track of the storyline without having to go back and re-read. Though there are times I am flummoxed a bit when it comes to writing, but that usually doesn't last to long.

Besides, you're a woman, your species will always be confusing for us guys.

Put away the wand Jane...I'm kidding!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:24 AM
a reply to: TheDoctor46

Hey Doc.

I am excited about many things, including hearing tales of silliness and possibly drunkenness at the gathering. I however will be absent that gathering, since I have no money and no time, and blarrrghableablebloobloo.

Yes... anyway, what I am excited about also is that despite the crappy weather, we turned over some business today already at the shop! So woot for that!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well im sure your day will come to meet and greet members here
...And that's good you did well with business today. I have no doubt there will be plenty of strong alcohol consumed at the gathering..Its in Scotland aint it...Its the law!!!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
a reply to: TheDoctor46
Thank you doc.
I've bumped the Brit thread btw......

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:34 AM
a reply to: TDawgRex
No wand required any good at GIVING hugs?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hello Jane
I will take a peek now see who's lurking around!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>