It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
pssssstttt....a little dirty birdy told me today is Springer's Birthday. Here is the new happy b-day thread in case you want to send him greetings from rainbow land and the shed.

I leave you with 1,000 lbs of crispy bacon....this commercial is now over...back to your regular programming...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

*waves* back!

Don't forget the celery, a can of emergency tyre-inflation foam and a map of Hispaniola! AHARR!

What do you want to do when you arrive btw?
You'll have a wee while to kill-time before we meet the others. (Over 3 hours)
Any Ideas?
G

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Aww Thanks destiny, that was really nice of you!
G

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

*adds items to list*
I have always wanted to go and see this......

It's one of my fav paintings and never got round to seeing it when I lived up in Aberdeen. I believe its still hanging in Kelvingrove. Would we be able to pop in? Also, you promised me some bonoffee pie!

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 25-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: Keyboard!!! Grrrrrrr

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah, Kelvingrove is do-able!
Might have to find another source for banoffee pie though, as the cafe I mentioned is quite far out of town in the wrong direction! Maybe I could make you one?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

*adds bonoffee to list*

I'd rather see the painting! It's on my Bucket List!!!!
I'm pretty certain you'd enjoy the gallery too yes? .......nope your a man.....you'd probably prefer the bonoffee lol!

Thank you Gordi (((((mwah)))))
Rainbows
Jane

edit on 25-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: Bloomin' keyboard again! lol!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I've actually been to Kelvingrove about 7 or 8 times.
I used to take my eldest (Callum) when I looked after him when he was wee. (I did the house-husband thing and brought him up whilst Chrissie was working) Kelvingrove and the Transport Museum were two of his favourites!

Can't say I remember seeing the Dali though? Yeah, I'll have the Pie! LOL

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thank you Gordi. I'll try and bring the pie....the least I can do!

It's definitely there....bought by Glasgow city in 1952....a year after Dali painted it.....very interesting story and a canny move by the museums curator!

www.glasgowlife.org.uk...

Oh, and here's a map of Hispaniola......

So the rest of the guys can see where our first port of call is!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hi Family!
Just popping in quickly to catch up a bit!
Feeling much better (thank you EVERYBODY for the love, concern and great advice!!) *mwah* *mwah*

Ended up turning the weekend around, spent time with my girls...and we totally enjoyed our time together.
*sigh*
Thank you for being there for me...it always means a lot to me.

I just wrote Springer a birthday poem, lol...just kinda representing 'the hood'...lol...(neighborhood for all you non-gangsters!!)

Oh! Homer...yes, Libra is very compatible with Sagittarius, lol. (I'm sorry if anyone thinks it's weird, but I've always found that I get along better with certain signs.)

Okay, back to keep reading!
luv, jacy

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I happy that you're feeling better. I rarely get migraines, but when I do, it seems as if they are making up for lost time. I don't even know if they were migraines, all I know is I wanted to take a drill to my head to relieve the pressure. I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone. (except maybe my worst enemy...but I don't have a enemy that I know of)

Big Hi! to everybody else. The weekend chores are done and I didn't spill any blood this weekend, though I do have a good sized bruise on my shin as I kept ramming it into a pipe that stuck out from the boiler. But it's up and running and it didn't explode...so that's a plus.

And then the best news yet (at least in my world) is that baby Stella came home today. Mother and Daughter are doing good (though Mom is still tired) and their family has rallied around them.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
pssssstttt....a little dirty birdy told me today is Springer's Birthday. Here is the new happy b-day thread in case you want to send him greetings from rainbow land and the shed.

I leave you with 1,000 lbs of crispy bacon....this commercial is now over...back to your regular programming...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

Thank you for the tip and the very thoughtful BDay thread for Springer!!!

I jumped over there to send greetings...

Oh...I'm sooooo enjoying your lovely dragonfly soap!!! It makes me happy. We FINALLY remodeled the bathroom (which was horrific and now is awesome) and I opened a brand new, beautiful dragonfly with its heavenly scent.
You are awesome. (I saved myself one from my gift-stash...greedy me!)

peace,
AB

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So glad you are feeling better!! AND that you got to spend time with your girls. Very happy for you!
Good on you to write Springer a poem, too...I put up the Beatle's Birthday song - that's about the extent of my creative mind today...lol! I have my head too full of work!

peace,
AB

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
foss, having accompanied Night below deck and discovering all the spoils left on the ship, was content. Seeing as the ship was equipped for both air & sea, he put forth the suggestion that the ship be prepared for air.

Because there were two people to be called "Captain" on board, foss & Night agreed to flip a coin to determine who would guide the ship into battle. The coin was flipped by a dragon (who, after much debate, had decided to keep the coin after it was flipped, for a dragon never likes to give away treasure).

Now for those of you who have only seen a coin flip you are probably used to hearing "heads I win, tails you lose". What if I told you that there was one other scenario? Well, it happened. For once the coin had been flipped when it hit the ground it was balanced on the side, declaring both to be the captain.

Just as they were about to set the ship in motion, Night glanced up worriedly, looking back at the foreboding beach where they all met up. "What is that horrid noise?" she asked.

Foss, quickly pulling out his staff, and crouching in the shadows, watched and listened. Sure enough, a small puff of rainbow colored smoke poured out over the trees, accompanied by a most curious rumbling sound. "Wait, why is there a van coming this way?" he pondered, ready to strike if needed. With relief, Night had foss stand down. "It's okay", she said, a wide smile forming, "It appears that Gordi & Jane have found our missing member".

@Jacy - you really should get the migraines checked out. I don't get them at all, but another family member does; if you get them constantly, then it's not normal.

@Everyone - Enjoy the weather, if you can.

EDIT: Just sent an email to Rodinus, letting him know we were still alive. It looks like he logged in yesterday, so he's active.
edit on 25/5/2014 by fossilera because:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

YAY! Jacy's back!

Mornin' All... just a quick Hi before I head off to work.

Here's a scary thought...

LINK TO COUNTDOWN CLOCK FOR THE TSUTHERING

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Jane LMAO that was brilliant

Night many thanks, I've never seen Mrs C so happy

Gbro welcome back, how was the festival ?

@ Everybody, sorry I've been away, I've been resting my eyes had some strain from all those lines I was staining.

Littled sent me an email for those of us the remember her and asked me to hi to you all.

Cody

ETA: Awesome thread Des

Jacy welcome back glad you're feeling better

Dawg my hearty congratulations to you

Foss nice addition

Gimee That's 2 tickets you've given me, there is such a thing as harassment you know

edit on 26/5/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Thank you kind sir.

never seen Mrs C so happy

Never??????

Littled

Who's that????

Right, I'm off outside....got a rocking chair to paint....and it's a hefty beastie!...Why oh why do I get the big lumps???
Oh, I'll take before and afters
.....It will dry real quick in the sun!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

littled was a member here,

Owing to unfortunate circumstance she was banned, but we have firm friends for years, you'd have got on very well with her Jane

She a bit of
about her.

Cody

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599
Ahhhhh okey dokey.

Right, I'm going to upset you now....here's the outdoor/patio rocking chair...

It's had it's first coat of Cuprinol in seagrass colour.....I know, I know....but not all of us have your talent to sand and varnish!

Right, just finish my brew break and back out to give it it's second coat (might need a third before I'm happy with it), and then a light sanding to give it that 'shabby' look.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
.....Gbro welcome back, how was the festival ?

.....@ Everybody, sorry I've been away, I've been resting my eyes had some strain from all those.....

Epic.
I could actually see Status Quo on stage from where I was parked in my camper. (They were sound-checking when I arrived in the afternoon!) I'm quite glad that I didn't have tickets!! Because I practically had a ringside seat for FREE!

The rest of the Festival IS completely FREE. (All of the venues pay for the Bands, and the organisers etc are all volunteers)
Where else could you pick and choose from a selection of over 200 really good bands, across about 20 venues over the weekend, ALL within walking distance of each other, and ALL FREE??
Something for everyone too.
They had an Electronic & Dance venue, SKA/Reggae, Indie, Folk, Country (...and western!), Rock, Metal, '70's/'80's, Jazz/Blues, Acoustic Vocal groups, Street dance troupes, Tribute acts... just too many to mention!
AND i never saw a poor band all weekend. The quality on display was outstanding! Every place you went in was better than the last!! Here, I'll try and find the link to their Festival Site...

HERE YE GO!

Can HIGHLY recommend it!

G

PS - Eyestrain you say????

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's the finished result....

Does exactly what it says on the tin! Lol!

It would look super cool if I shabbied it....but I'll leave that to the buyer!

I'm a happy bunny....on eBay already!
Rainbows
Jane
edit on 26-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join