It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Smokin cigarettes and watchin Kaptain Kangaroo, now don't tell me, there's nothin to do......

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: jacygirl

Impressive? Nah. It's the environment in which I grew up. My father was a noxious bastard, and he and my mother were together for fifteen years too long. I watched his bull damage my mother, and saw the strain she was under to keep the family functioning despite my fathers lack of emotional intelligence, effort, or passion for his family.

When those are the first fifteen years of your life, that is the first thing you learn. It is no different than a person who grows up on a farm becoming an expert in rearing cattle by the time he is twenty nine. It's just a different skill set, for a different environment.

We learn what we see, what we learn becomes what we know, and what we know is a tool to keep us alive. Such is the march of time, as measured by a human mind.

Mate...

I am dying of flu here but just needed to say this to you...

A humongously enormous big thumbs up to you... Nothing else to say... I am a man so I guess you have figured out what my thoughts are in a nutshell mate.

Right...

Back to my snuggly quilt, snot filled hankies and weeping eyes (even though it is currently 28°c and feeling sorry for myself time again.

Bon appetit to all...

Warmest

Rod

Ps. No flowers please... just a simple donation to the (RFSPAS) : Rodinus full of snot and phlegm anti flu society
edit on 1/7/14 by Rodinus because: Snot filled nutshell added

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Forgive my manners. Yes True, a very insightful answer. Oh the lies, eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
Good luck Rod. Hopin a fast recovery for you......

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Impressive? Nah. It's the environment in which I grew up. My father was a noxious bastard, and he and my mother were together for fifteen years too long. I watched his bull damage my mother, and saw the strain she was under to keep the family functioning despite my fathers lack of emotional intelligence, effort, or passion for his family.

When those are the first fifteen years of your life, that is the first thing you learn. It is no different than a person who grows up on a farm becoming an expert in rearing cattle by the time he is twenty nine. It's just a different skill set, for a different environment.

We learn what we see, what we learn becomes what we know, and what we know is a tool to keep us alive. Such is the march of time, as measured by a human mind.

Like I said True
Definitely mod material my friend

Cody

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi guys

Well I'm knackered, spent the whole day dancing in the spray shop. I hit a really good patch on my ipod that I haven't heard in ages, don't worry True it was all rock this time. It's surprising how tiring dancing can be.

@ Rod ...................... LMAO eeeeeeeeeeeerm I mean get well soon mate. Were you delirious when you texted me mate ? Got me thoroughly confused.

Cody

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RodinusDo you reckon your hubby would be up to it Mura?

Normally jealousy is a hidden form of "Wet Jellyfish or big girls blouse syndrome"?... *cough cough*

PMSL!
Well, he did give me a list of rides I had to try on his behalf so this is entirely possible. A case of "You do it for me because, oh shame, I can't!"

... Mind you, he does put up with me, which is probably a scarier roller coaster than any I tried yesterday. Should I give him the benefit of the doubt?
edit on 1-7-2014 by Mura44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by Mura44 because: losing my brain

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Aw, NightStar. I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling down. I love reading your posts - they are always so encouraging to others, so warm and friendly. It is always a pleasure to come here and see that you have visited in my absence.

Wishing you all best for the blood tests. But you are not alone hun. Maybe we are not together geographically but I am so pleased I have met you and I will be thinking of you, praying the results are good.

HUGE HUGS

Mura

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Hey Mura!
I love your giraffe pics...I have a 6' tall painted wooden giraffe in my living room, called Raffy, lol.

Hi everybody!
It's Tuesday, but it's Canada Day...so it's a holiday. Feels like Sunday, and I'm all screwed up.

I'm sorry Rodinus and Night Star aren't feeling very well. *squishy hugs* to both of you!

Some of our peeps haven't dropped by for a while, so I hope everyone is just happily busy.
(If not, send smoke signals...c'mon, you know we're here if you need us!)

I'm here, but in and out. Can't decide if I should be productive or lazy...I think lazy is winning.
jacy

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: TrueBrit

True...*sigh*....I give you a standing ovation for your above reply to Night Star.

What you have said is so TRUE, lol...and I'm impressed that you have learned this knowledge at such a young age. It took some of us much longer.

Can I add - for ANY age. I know some people who never catch on. Thanks True for reminding me.

Rod, I have made my donations but they went astray. Apparently the funds ended up at the SMOACH instead (Send Mura On A Caribbean Holiday). I have no idea how that happened.
But now I am all out of funds, so I will send you positive thoughts instead. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs.

Mura

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Piffle!

Anyway... It is good to hear that you have once again found the realm of steel on your mp3 device! All is once again right in the Sheddiverse!
Well... Near enough anyway!
edit on 1-7-2014 by TrueBrit because: REASONS!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

I can always be relied upon to be a reminder of the sorry state of the world! It goes with the mostly black wardrobe, and the chip on my shoulder you could fashion a sideboard out of!

I hope you are well this morning. Bloody one in the bloody morning. Bah! BAH I SAY!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm still alive, but I see that I'm not the only one not feeling too well (Night & Rod, you both need to feel better).

In my case, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, and my back was killing me just behind the arms (apparently, I pushed myself a little too hard Sunday). Today, my throat is still a little sore, but it feels like it's getting better, and my back still hurts, but in a good way.

Anyway, hope the rest of the Shedders are doing alright.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Oh I missed all these great posts!!!!

True, you are absolutely right! For many, many years people thought my Ex and I had the 'perfect' marriage. What's ironic is that I remember giving the same advice to a friend of mine a few years ago. LOL How soon I forget. We need a rolling eye emoticon!

Jacy, you're right too. I find a great deal of comfort here from you guys. I love you all so much!

Mura, LOVE your giraffs!!!

Rod Hun, lots of fluids and chicken soup and sit back and watch good movies and rest.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Foss, hope your sore throat goes away completely soon!

Oops I missed most of night shift I think. Been gone all day with a friend. My weekly out to lunch and shopping with Linda. I feel much better having such a great day. We found some amazing bargains today. I always buy things and put them away for birthdays and Christmas.

Tip toes through the realm and makes sure everyone's guardian Angels are on duty.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Good Mornin' to All! I hope today is good for everyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hi Jacy, Hi gang! **waves**

Quick update on RL -

It's been crazy busy here.
I'm trying to tie up loads of loose ends at work before I go off on my wee holiday (from Friday, I can't wait!) but more and more orders keep coming in, pushing things back...
My health hasn't been great, I twisted my knee playing football with the boys, the CFS is playing up big-time (over-doing it?) and I seem to have a weird tummy bug just to spice things up a bit too!
Hey Ho... The holiday will sort me out.

Wee Arlie (my niece's new arrival) had to go back into hospital with an unidentified infection of some sort??
Was back in for about 3 days, but now back home and on the mend, so should be ok! **applause**

One of our best friends' mum has passed away. Very sad.

On the up side, I do still have my gorgeous good looks, and my sense of humour!

I've hardly been online at all recently, and will be away from Friday for about 10 days, so if you don't see me - don't worry!

Gx

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Glad that wee Arlie is on the mend. Hope you start to feel better soon with your twisted knee and tummy bug.
So sorry to hear that one of your friend's Mother has died. It is always so sad and difficult to lose someone we love.
I'm sure that you and the family will have an awesome vacation! Have a lot of fun Honey!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Please check out my latest thread. Sooooo funny!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Dawg looked around. Everything he looked at was gloomy. “I’m going to find Jane and attempt to put this adventure right again.”

Foss and Syx and GBro had tried…but he thought it would take more effort.

He couldn’t see any land in sight, but felt that he knew which way to go. It seemed to be instinct.

He lowered the skiff from True’s ship and set off, not really knowing where he was going. But it felt right nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join