It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 386
<< 383  384  385    387  388  389 >>

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
After a wonderful day with Wolf and Storm running through the fields and along the shore, dancing and singing with the woodland faeries, gathering flowers and herbs and just relishing the beautiful Spring day, the darkness of night had enclosed around the enchanted realm. It was in the dining hall when Night Star learned of the sudden turn of events. Voices rose and people scattered quickly here and there to share the news. She sat wide eyed and wondering how things like this could happen to such an amazing realm. The pesky pixie flew over and announced the news of the realm and the impending attack, not knowing that Night had received the message telepathically already.

Night cursed under her breath for not continuing with her lessons with the cat beings. Thankfully though, she did learn some powerful and very useful magic, a different magic than she had learned from her own kind. She had no idea she would have to use her new techniques so soon.

This was the shed, a place of enchantment and love, of beings large and small, of comfort, solace and joy. A place called home. She would defend it at all cost. No one, nothing would stop her and her friends from protecting what they cherished with all their hearts and souls. Together they would be victorious, or die trying.

For a moment she closed her eyes as tears flowed freely down her sweet face. "To the Gods and Goddesses, I ask for your protection for all who reside in this wondrous place. Keep us safe oh holy ones and have mercy." Slowly she gazed around the great hall. So many faces. Some with worry, some with strength and determination, some in shock, some in confusion. Candles flickered in the dark making shadows dance. Wolf put one paw on her leg and looked into her loving eyes. He knew. He knew what was happening and he knew what to do and most importantly, he knew that Night Star needed him by her side and would be there.

The pesky pixie fluttered her wings and shook her hair out of her eyes. "Do not be afraid little elf, wasn't it you who once said that together we could conquer any darkness with our light shining so bright?" Night wanted to cry again, but smiled instead. "I did, didn't I? Go now and gather the other pixies." The pixie spread her gossamer wings and took to the air. Night and Wolf went out to meet the others.

edit on 8-4-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:14 AM
It's late and I can't sleep. We had company today, a couple of adults, two young uns and an 11 year old. Noisy! Busy! Fun yet tiring. Usually it's just the two of us and the quiet. LOL

Been trying to face this gripping fear I have inside me all the time. Fear and worry. One of my dear friends from childhood has cancer. I feel confident that she will be just fine. I have been making her laugh like crazy and eased some worry, but still, she has been crying buckets on and off and I hurt for her. I see my 91 year old Mother struggle through her days as elderly people do. I fear the loss of her. I fear having to leave my home that I love because we may not be able to afford it in the future. I fear upcoming heart test and more doctor visits and especially another mammogram in June. So much money for all of it and stress to boot.

I miss my youth and care free days and resent the shadows that fall over me like a plague. Sorry, didn't mean to be so depressing but worse keeping it all inside. It helps to let it all hang out sometime. I wish I could be like Mark who has been through hell health wise and is still fighting with so many health issues. He gets a bit annoyed but is strong and takes everything in stride.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, whoever got this far reading without rolling their eyes saying, "Not again!" LOL

Wishing peace to one and all! Join in the story whoever hasn't joined in yet and would like to. Pheonix and Syx, keep the story going, we have a shed world to save! HUGS!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:48 AM
a reply to: Night Star

I miss my youth and care free days and resent the shadows that fall over me like a plague.

I have suffered from PTSD all my life. One of the 'interesting' facets of the condition is that you can never see a bright or long future. I was filling in a medical type form today reveling in the fact that I actually made it to 2015.

When I was still in high school I was not terribly interested because I would never make it to even the turn of the century and yet, here we are. I not only made it to a point I never thought possible, it is 15 damn years further on

I may not have the happiest life of anyone but it is life! I have a new career, that of a writer and unless people are lying to me, they actually do like my books.

It gives me a little something I have seldom had before.

I know I have said this to you before Night Star, but it is something you should truly think about on a deep level.

Why do you fear for your mother. She will die at some point, we all do. Death is a wonderful transition for her. You could be celebrating instead of being fearful. For yourself as well.

I am not suggesting for a moment that we should all just up and off ourselves, far from it. But when the time comes, accept it. For myself, I am simply intrigued as to what comes next.

You will tell me you do not fear death, but I do not believe it. You do not want to admit it and that, you have in common with most people. If you can, relax, go deep into your mind and ask the question, 'What is death to me?'

You are loved.

edit on 9/4/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:59 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

Hello Pheonix! I have a pre-birth memory of existing in what I can only describe as a spirit realm. I also have had one out of body experience when I was a teen. These things have proven to me that there is life after death, that we are more than our physical bodies. I do not fear death, but pain and suffering of our frail human bodies before death. I know my Mom will go on to something different, something better like my Dad has already done. I know she has lived a very long and good life and am thankful for that. I have very strong feelings of course and will miss her terribly. It will leave a hole that no one else could ever fill. She is always there for me as I am for her. It would of course be a terrible loss.

I guess for me and my problems it's that it's been too many and for too long and that's where I struggle so much.

I admire people like you and like Mark who can handle things better and wish I had more strength and courage. You are inspiring and thoughtful and I thank you for being here for me. Kind of feel like I'm talking to the great Wolf Lord here and looking up to you. LOL

I am so very happy for your being an author. There is nothing like reading a good book to take one's troubles away, if even for a while. You are affecting people's lives and making it better. How awesome is that?

Thanks again! I really do appreciate when you step in and help and inspire. Keep that light shining and I'll try harder to let mine shine again.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:06 PM
Hello Sheddites! How is everyone today?
Chilly today, but come May the warm weather will be here to stay.
When I went out on Tuesday I bought some flower bulbs to put aside for Mother's day. I always give Mom money but I add extras. I'll put the flower bulbs in a pretty gift bag and plant them for her afterward. She likes to look out into the yard a lot and loves flowers. Eventually I'll get my herbs and more flowers for her to enjoy.

Have a great day my friends and lurkers!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
I would just like to wish my hubby a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY....Man you are getting so old..HAHA...You have come a long way baby...

edit on 9-4-2015 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
a reply to: ccbears

LOL!!! Thanx CC! That is My favorite outfit! I wonder if it will still fit me?! LOL!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
a reply to: SyxPak

well i am sorry to say this but i dont think it will fit..i know now hurt you are about that...maybe if you can find it at your mom's you can put it on one of your wonder if its closed up in the back..or did your mom do what she did to jake when he was about that age..he couldnt fit in what she wanted him to wear so she pushed him in to it and didnt zip it up...he was a chunk like you was..they do say like father like son...haha..

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:49 PM

Dang CC, This weather is all around you. Are you getting tornado warnings.

If I was in Illinios right now I would be in the crawl space. Mchenry has a Tornado warning as of 7.48P.M.

It is 7:56 and I just got the call to take cover. Damn, I am so glad I am not down there. I would be hysterical right now.

You guys stay safe.
edit on 9-4-2015 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:21 PM
a reply to: crappiekat

nope nothing here but rain and thunder...i so hate it at night as i cant see where its coming from to much..but i also hate these kind of storms.we are in Will county well i think any stay safe as well....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM

Yes, You are in Will county. LOL Syx has Crete as his location. I am pretty familiar with the area around Chicago.

When I was a kid we lived there for a time. And when I was deciding where I wanted to spend my college days ,Chicago was my choice. I've been been skinny Dipping twice down at Montrose Harbor. LOL!!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:49 PM
a reply to: crappiekat

well thats cool...this Chicago area really freaks me out so much there is just so many people and they are crazy drivers..i wont drive in Chicago..there is to many lanes and man i am starting to freak about it all go fast and in and out of cars with no turn singles on...i so hate it here and would love to move back home...those people dont drive as crazy as those people in chicago...we have been taken the train to get to the places we went to go parking there cost so we train it...i have only went skinny dipping in our pool when our kids were in dont even know where that is at Montrose harbor..we might have to check it out...but wont go skinny dipping....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
Hello people!

A couple of family emergencies on Mark's side. We're here babysitting a 4 and 5 year year old (or is it 3 qnd 4?) and an 11 year old. I'm getting too old for this stuff. LOL Up, down, up down. Active and curious little ones with their hands in everything! HELP! LOL

I'm like , "Oh don't touch that, don't break that, you're gonna make a boo boo. Get out of that room, don't throw anything in the toilet..." Giving them some kids shows to watch on t.v. and a couple of stuffed animals I have here. Letting them play with the magnets on the fridge. They brought toys over, but bored with those already. Going to be a looooong night I think. They're cute as hell though. Oh my, had to put on a doll's panties and socks for the little girl, she was having a tough time. LOL The little boy tried escaping out the front door and I locked it. Little chit reached up and tried to unlock it. Oh my goodness.

Will Night Star survive the night? Will the little one's ever get sleepy? Oh no not my little wind chime! And my stained glass heart!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:55 PM
Skinny dipping?
LOL Never did that myself. I'd be afraid something might try swimming up somewhere it don't belong. LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM

that why we did that only in our was syx idea....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
a reply to: Night Star sounds like you are having tons of fun...i dont think i could do all that again at my age way...i would have put the little ones in bed by 8:30 or 9...and yes child movies are good if they havent seen them before...good luck with it all..maybe put a chain on the door so the little one cant unlock the door again.or put a nail in the door just in far enough so it cant get open with out the hammer.....hide all your things you dont want

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:35 AM

OMG, the 11 year old has been asleep for hours, but it is 1:15 am and the little ones absolutely refuse to go to bed. Mark and I have been forced to draw pictures of everything under the sun that they asked us to draw for hours. They have been fighting on and off. Little girl let me put her pajamas on but the little boy says he will when Grandma comes to get him. I keep trying to get them to sleep but to avail. My parlor looks like a war zone with toys and papers and shoes and stuff everywhere. OH MY!

The Mom says her son will push as far as he can and she wasn't kidding. The daughter she says is just sneaky LOL I find the little girl at least listens a lot better. I almost had the boy asleep in my lap awhile ago but nooooooo! The little girl was lying on a quilt and had a nice pillow and I thought finally one would sleep, that lasted all of maybe 3 minutes then up and fighting and arguing. I'm taking a break and leaving them with Mark in the other room. I've been bouncing up and down out of my chair all night long. They have to run out of steam sooner or later. Hopefully sooner! LOL

The Grandmother Mark's Niece, was saying the boy needs help with talking and she was so right. But when her daughter moved away to a different State, she didn't see them much. Long story. The daughter, our Great Niece is visiting from out of State. She is in the hospital because she passed out earlier today and is pregnant and her Mom has been at the hospital visiting with her and now her husband who had open heart surgery so they had no one responsible to watch the kids.

The boy is 5 and it's so hard to make out what he is trying to say. It's baby talk most of the time. Poor little thing gets frustrated. He wanted so badly for us to draw something and neither one of us could make out what it was. The mother better get that kid some help before he goes to school. You can understand some things but he is way behind others his age. He is smart in other ways, imaginative in telling stories with his drawings.

I'm worn out and wide awake and those kids are energizer bunnies right now. I'm glad they're finally staying in the other room so I could take a break. Not used to hours on end with a couple of little ones like this. Someone save me! LOL
1:35 Am and they're still up! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

edit on 10-4-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:08 AM
Jesus God almighty. I had them in my bed ready to sleep but nooooooooo. Back in the parlor playing with toys. I have been firm, I raised my voice, I have been tickling them and being funny. Nothing works! They don't listen! We only met these kids yesterday. I'm not about to hit someone's kid to make them do anything. I think I've been sent the demon children from hell. They just emptied a huge bag full of toys all over the floor. It looks like a tornado went through there. Tons of toys, papers, clothes...The boy finally got his pajamas on then took them off then just put the top on and insisted he wanted red bottoms and not the blue. I had to force him into them and told him if he was good and left them on his Grandma would buy him something nice tomorrow. So after that power struggle I go back in the parlor and the girl is in her undwewear. I'm like what the...????? Mark said she spilled water. Ok, get her dried off, there was hardly any water that landed on her, get her dressed in her jammies again. OMG!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM

Morning CC. Ha Ha, Yea Chicago is a fast pace moving city. Lots of fun for a visit. But I would never want to live there ever again.
I was there when I was young and carefree. Now... I couldn't stand it. It would make me crazy.

I was always nervous about driving too. But as a determined young one, I got around. LOL!!

Has Syx ever taken you to "Super Dawg"? It's a drive for you all, Maybe about 45 min. (Depending on traffic) But it's a nice drive, Lots of stuff to see if you enjoy cruising.

So how did you guy's fair with those storms? I saw on the weather channel Will was under a tornado watch and thunder storm warning.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:37 AM

Yes Night, Skinny Dipping! Oh the fun. I don't think you could get away with that now. Police all over the place. Not happening in this day and age.

Now that I'm up here, I can skinny dip any time I want. Although those's muskies are vioracious. They have been known to bite people good. I got nawed on by a walleye once. Dumb arsh me picked it up by the mouth. Not smart. Teeth like hypodermic needles.
Was catching smallmouth all day and in the heat of the moment I just grabbed the thing to get it out of the way of the other fish being reeled in. Very painful and bloody. LOL!!

Dang girl. You have had " The night of the little zombies" LOL!!!!

I suppose today will be a quiet one for you. 3 and 4 years. You are brave!!

Yea, at that age, it's hard to engage them. Making food alway's work's for me. For the big kids and the little ones. Chocolate Chip Cookies.

new topics

top topics

<< 383  384  385    387  388  389 >>