It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 383
<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

those are so cute..i want one of them for a pet..lol...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Aren't they adorable? Thought I'd post them and make people smile. Animals always make me smile.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hello Shedites!

Dropping by to say "hello" as I'm hanging out here on ATS today (biting my nails). (I get so freaking nervous after posting a story - I compulsively check over and over to see if anyone has read it...argh!!! I'm trying to make better use of my time! So here I am!!! Ahhh. Cute animal pictures. Dragons. Much better...)

Okay - so here's my latest:
I'm conducting the Hallelujah Chorus with my choir (plus community members who are joining in for the performance). Its been so much fun. Handel was an amazing man - I've been going over his history. He also liked to eat, A LOT. So perhaps on Easter I will allow myself that chocolate bunny that's been winking at me in the store...In honor of Handel, of course!!

So, that's my job of late...that and Homeschooling my youngest. My eldest is home on Spring Break this week - he's the one with severe autism.

I've noticed something really positive and hopeful!! He has been wanting to eat orange peels (he loves oranges) and so I started letting him. I looked it up and it has tons of vitamin C, bioflavonoids, essential oils that can help digestion, etc. What I noticed was that his mood was better, his aggression levels went WAY down, and his IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) was being positively affected. Wow! He's had the best week he's had in YEARS. So I went and looked up "High dose vitamin C and autism." Turns out there was a double blind study (limited) that showed this very effect. I wish someone had told me before now, assuming that's what's helping. We've had a hard go of it lately!!

Anyway...Here's hoping all of you are well and having a good day!

- AB
edit on 2-4-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
AB, so good to see you!!!!!! That is amazing news about the vitamin c helping your son!
I'm behind in my reading stories in the latest contest, but hope to catch up. I'll get to yours eventually.
Have fun with the choir!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Turns out there was a double blind study (limited) that showed this very effect. I wish someone had told me before now, assuming that's what's helping.

My memory is not that good but ....

There have been several threads on a way to prepare a special high potency vitamin C supplement.

So I looked it up for you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems to help loads of people.

P

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Waves at Pheonix!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Shadow was sitting by the fire. Spring had begun, well sort of. It was still chilly outside and the fire was simply a pleasant place to be in front of.

He was disturbed from his rest by a telepathic message from his favorite Great Dragon, Lerinth. He rose slowly and then trans-located himself to a clearing deep in the surrounding forest. In the middle of the clearing were Lerinth and Sophia, her Rider. He really liked these two. They were very caring of others and just a little frightening considering the Arcane Power they Wielded.

Sophia greeted him warmly and then said, "Shadow, I bring disturbing news for all who dwell here. The Aliens we defeated to save the little ones of the cat like people, have located this island paradise. They have made plans and are sending a Fleet of Star Ships to attack and destroy this wonderful place. It is simply out of a sense of revenge.

"It would be a simple matter for us to destroy them, and we will. I have asked Queen Rider Christine and Queen Xanith for aid and they are responding with their Battle Group, but space is vast and the Aliens will be here before any help arrives. I suggest you move all who dwell here to a place of safety. Sadly, they will not be able to return until my Exploration Group arrives to heal this island of the poisonous radiation that will eradicate all life here. That will also take time. This planet is a long way out on the spiral arm of the galaxy."

Lerinth sent, "My Rider, why not move the island to another place. If the Shed has to move, then move it to another world. This is a wondrous place of magic and friendship. We moved a tree once by using a dual transfer. The entire island is a bit bigger but it could be done."

Shadow was startled by the suggestion, so much so that he remained silent. Moving a tree ... even he could do that. Moving an Island, between worlds? His mind could not contemplate the sheer Arcane Power needed for such an undertaking.

Sophia looked lovingly at her Great Dragon and replied, "Well, um, OK. We might need some help. In fact, we would need a great deal of help. The Power needed is awesome. But then, the people we would need to help would just see it as a huge challenge. Hmm. Well we still have seven pages to go."

She turned to Shadow and said, "I will see if others can help and perhaps we can just move this place to a new location. The people here will notice at some stage. If only because the stars will look very different, you know."

Shadow just thanked them for the warning and for the offered help. As mighty as he was, he could not even begin to contemplate using Arcane Power to shift an entire Island from one world to another. It was just so awesome to think about.

edit on 2/4/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thanks Pheonix! I remember seeing that thread a while back... I'll take a look.

Much appreciated!! (Got the message, too)

- AB

@Nightstar - I would be ever so grateful, when you have time...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Pick the song reference in the above chunk of story.!

I even have a prize ready!

P

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Hi pheonix!

I caught it! But I don't want to give it away!

I was too focused on winning that I never even told you , I really like the story addition!

edit on 2-4-2015 by BugWhisperer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

Pm me with the answer

See if anyone else is an old fart.

P

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well done!

For you!

P

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yay!!!
Thank You!

I never won anything before!

I'm happy!!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Well done!

For you!

P

Is this Chocolate?
If so, I'm really happy now!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yes, it is a chocolate egg on a stick. Unwrapping the foil will take a while. Lol

P

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great addition to the story Pheonix!

I am so excited right now because there is an event coming up in May that I thought I would have to miss, but now have someone to go with. A Night of ghostly stories and legends with paranormal investigators and the like. Can't wait! There will be a meet a greet too. One guy I have seen a number of times before and he goes all over the world and it is getting harder and harder to get to events of his close enough to home.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, it is a chocolate egg on a stick. Unwrapping the foil will take a while. Lol

P

No problem! I wonder if it's hollow or solid!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You are braver than me!

But, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Hope you can take a camera!

edit on 3-4-2015 by BugWhisperer because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer

P

No problem! I wonder if it's hollow or solid!

It is hollow. You eat your way in through the bottom and slowly eat it from the inside. The foil is very thick. Once eaten you can use it as a home.

You came from an egg and you can go back to an egg any time you want.

P

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

One of the speakers/investigators is quite engaging and fascinating and I haven't seen him in years. He travels all over the world and has been on television and has his own ghost site and is an author. I can hardly wait!

We can't take any photos during the presentation, but can take them otherwise. I'll have my Niece see what she can get.

new topics

top topics

<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join