It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Alcohol usually takes the itch away but not for long. I have tried every product on the market and they are just a very temporary fix.
Pills make me so sleepy. Better go visit Mom before I fall asleep again. LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Too long have I walked the halls in shadows. Too long yet I remember. The memories linger here from some distant past. Memories of love and laughter and happily ever after. I am haunted, tormented. My soul cries out but there is no one to hear. Bright promises turned to darkness, empty words.

You held something beautiful, precious and fragile and left it far behind. Like shattered glass, I was broken.
Soon, I will say goodbye forever. Goodbye to sadness and lost hope, all dreams and you. Tears fall silent in the dark hours of my soul.

It's late and I was sad. No I'm not going to kill myself. I am a warrior. Sword held high.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Bedtime story.

She flew so fast she thought her little wings might fail her. From behind were the trailing voices of her closest friends crying out. "Aleeya, NOOOOOO, STOP!" But she couldn't stop, not now with the edge so near. Again the friends cried out. "Aleeya, it is forbidden!!!"

In the realm of the faeries it was told that beyond the edge of the great forest lived giant and crazy beings called humans. Throughout the ages the stories were handed down from one generation to the next, never ending. Aleeya didn't believe that all humans could be the same, just as all faeries were not the same. For a long time she whispered her desires to her dear friends trying to convince them to come along, to see for themselves, but they would not listen.

Her heart raced as she neared the edge and then she slowed her pace, landed and poked her head through the wet grass. Wide eyed with wonder and horror, she could see in the distance that there were hardly any trees or flowers just a lot of concrete and roads. Houses were reaching into the sky and so very close together. There were huge beings racing around barely even acknowledging one another. Some were yelling , some were blaring loud obnoxious music. A cacophony of loud sounds filled the air. There were things called vehicles that polluted the air and she coughed. She screamed but she was so tiny, luckily no one heard her. Aleeya turned quickly and flew back to her friends.

"It was horrible, horrible like you could not imagine!" she told them. "We have such a beautiful world and theirs is chaotic and ugly. We have all the beauty of nature all around us and it is quiet and peaceful." Aleeya couldn't help but to cry, for herself and her fearful experience and also for the giant beings and the nightmare world they lived in. Never again did she venture to the edge and she made sure that when she grew up, her children and their children would know the truth and forever appreciate what they had.

The End

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Courage doesnt always roar.
Sometimes courage is
the little voice at the end of the day that says
I will try again tomorrow.

Never a truer word spoken Night, ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Cody hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C'mon let's walk together my friend, there's beasts and burden out there. Time to do some slaying

Hold my hand and we'll all do this thing together

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Takes Cody's hand. I'm ready kind Sir!

Oh...Morning!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

A very good morning to you Night

When I authored my thread about my daughter not wanting me in her life ever again, I pretty much hit the bottom, I'm not ashamed to say I went to the bathroom and cried my heart out. But for Mrs C there was no hope, no future, nothing to carry on for.

Then I remembered your sig strip

In another thread someone asked "What is your favourite Latin phrase ?"
My answer ?

Dum spiro, spero (While I breathe, I hope)

C'mon girl let's do this thing

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The black storm clouds parted, as a beautiful shimmering rainbow cut through the foreboding darkness and lit the way ahead.
The magnificent colours, bouncing and glistening like a kaleidoscope on the rising and falling waves, showed the captains and pilots of the fleet the exact heading to take...
It was south, to the warm balmy waters of the Caribbean, to find Hispaniola and to solve the mystery of the Dark One's “treasure” map.

Gordi took the helm of the mighty “Dragon”, and as he pointed her in the direction of the shimmering rainbow, his thought’s turned to the absent Jane... “Nice One! Thanks Jane” he whispered to the wind.

“OK, what just happened?? And, more importantly... where’s my bacon??” demanded Jacy!
Sophie wrapped herself around Jacy’s shoulder and they both gazed at Gordi looking for answers, but he was already deep in thought – staring at the ancient treasure map, which he’d spread out on the front of the ship’s wheel.

“We’re heading for olde Hispaniola!” announced Gordi “...the map we found at the old graveyards seems to be important, at least it was important to the Dark One, but we’re not sure how or why?
We need to try and figure out what’s under this big red “X” on the map, and where it is, but we’re missing crucial clues...
Nightstar thinks that the clues we’re looking for may be hidden within a Sunstone & Moonstone, which interlock with our beloved Dragonstone, but I haven’t got a clue as to where to start looking for them?”

Sophie and Jacy turned to one another, wide-eyed... and a smile crossed Jacy’s lips as she glanced down at the buttoned pocket on the front of her jacket...

“Then there’s THIS!” Gordi pointed at a scrawled note on the bottom of the map...
“I don’t even know what language this is??? Olde Welsh maybe?
It’s not Elvish, looks kind of Eastern European? But what on earth would an eastern European language be doing on an ancient map of Hispaniola?”

“Can I see?” asked Jacy, moving in for a closer look...

Rasanble wòch yo, epi yo bwè soti nan flagon la
Pran prekosyon nou mòde an nan dan yo an dragon an.

“I don’t recognise it either – but I do see the word DRAGON in there!
and that must be fate, since we are heading there aboard the good ship Dragon!”
Jacy’s hand slipped down towards her pocket...

“Now, if only we had the Moonstone, we could perhaps start to figure out the mystery....”

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Good work Gordi! Awesome map!!

Cody, yes, I really like my sig. It is subtle, yet profound. There is always that next day that might be easier, brighter than the one before.

As for a man crying, I see that as strength not weakness, the strength to be himself, a true human beings with emotions, compassion and love.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
To all my rainbow warrior friends.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hey all!

Just wanted to say I haven't been in for a while, because it's a pretty busy time (and it looks like it will be until Thanksgiving). To keep everything short, let's just say I'm going to be moving again, and that my Aura (my trumpet) is going to be getting an overhaul + re-lacquering, so I need to work on expenses between that. And, another friend is slowly becoming more than a friend, so it seems I am not an orc afterall

In short: I've been enjoying the weather, and keeping busy.

@Dawg & Night - I fully approve of my use in the story additions (yes, I have been reading the threads in my spare time). Good Job!

@Jane - I think some photos are in order of the crystals mentioned in the story.

@Everyone else - Hope you day went fine

-fos

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
To all my rainbow warrior friends.

My sparkle trail caught the back yard on fire.

I blame you.

OK, maybe it was because I used to much gas to start the bonfire.

But I still got some stuff done, which is always a good thing in my book.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Awwww Foss has a girlfriend, how sweet!

Dawg, gotta be careful with those sparkle trails! LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What happened to everyone today? Was there a party and I wasn't invited? Did the shedders get shednapped?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
What happened to everyone today? Was there a party and I wasn't invited? Did the shedders get shednapped?

If they did, then I slept through it, or no-one thought to look behind the curtain; it is pretty late for some of them.

And it's not a GF yet - more like she's still testing the waters to make sure everything's in order (I'm waiting on her call). Wouldn't mind dragging her onto ATS, but I need to make sure she's ATS-worthy.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I think we were all busy with RL. Myself? Well, we had another storm pass through which screwed up another tree at my buds farm, so I got to play with the saw again and have another bonfire. Just winding down with a brew and prepping for bed. Good day all in all.

Tomorrow, I'll be moving the wood pile from where it's at to closer to the fire pit. Almost feels like I'm in the army again.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Little Cody comes over the other day with a police hat on and handcuffs hanging off his belt. I said, "Oh no, am I being arrested?" LOL He came to show me a side necked turtle. We looked it up online. They are from Africa. Evidentally a friend of the family wanted a turtle so they bought it, figuring if she didn't like that one, they would keep it. Good God, their house is like a mini zoo. LOL

One of the gypsy moth caterpillars he caught finally became a moth. We oohed and aahed over the little miracle and he set him free out the win dow.
Ats won't allow the word window if it's at the end of a sentence...weird!

This morning it was a bucket of bullfrog tadpoles he and his Dad caught.
LOL I never know what that kid is going to come up with. It's always fun and interesting.

Poor little guy just had a test done and has...I forget what it's called...some kind of cyst on the side of his head. Spinal fluid trapped and something else. Anyway, it can be taken care of thank God!!!
edit on 22-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hey guys!!!!

Sliding on by before it's time to hit that thing called a haystack to get some sleep. It has been a long weekend already and it ain't even close to being over yet. I'm still can't get over the little accident I had on Friday. It doesn't help nearly falling down a creek bank only to land on your behind. Made it out without a scratch otherwise so I guess I'm lucky there.

Bagged these guys up along the New River on Friday.

After a rain shower had drenched the area, an empty coal train heads west along the New River. Passing under the cantilevers, CSX 7558 leads the train through the tiny hamlet of Quinnimont, WV as the moisture starts to evaporate back up into the atmosphere.

Before getting the coal train at Quinnimont, a friend and I originally had the intentions on getting the Amtrak Exhibit Train passing through the town of Thurmond. We fell short of our intended target that we had both seen earlier in the day. However, we did get a nice little surprise along the Loup Creek Branch of the former Chesapeake & Ohio Railway. This is what the result of nearly winding up in the creek will get for you. I was still shaking after getting back up from falling even though it wasn't very far.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Aqua and Pinky....

Thank you so very much Foss, and all the very best with your new lady.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Wow gorgeous!!!!! Especially the aqua one!!!!!

Hiya Gimme!

Little Cody comes up today with a little crawfish. LOL He says he and his Mom and Dad caught a bunch and will eat them. I said, you're gonna eat the poor little guy? He said, well maybe I'll keep this one. LOL

He was telling me how to take it apart to eat. I asked him where he learned that and he said Scooby Doo. Hahahahaha! God, I love that kid!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Everyone has a real life and is gone.

I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch
an onion patch
an onion patch
I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch
and all I do is cry
boo hoo
boo hoo...

LOL a very old song I remember as a kid.

So, shall I start some trouble while no one is home? I could dye all the guys underwear pink. What about the ladies? Hmmmm...I'll dye their hair bright orange. Pixies are all nodding their heads and can't wait to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join