It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 373
<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

That's Hilariously Mean! I Love It!!! LMAO!!! Hey, if You ever try that again with someone, be sure to take the video cam along! Some clips of that that would be a Riot to watch!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!! That's good stuff Man!!!!!!

edit on 14-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Totally unintentional. But maybe I need More edumacation...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

LOL on the word "edumacation"! I use that one a lot too!
Like "I got Me a real Edemucation. Now I'm ready for GradgYeeAtion"! LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hye True! I love this vid. You will too, I'm sure of it!
For this: "for all that this week has been a total roller coaster ride" from a recent post of Yours, I give You this. Enjoy!

ETA: I do believe I may use this for a Thread! Ok, I will!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

1st lesson...

What gets put up, will eventually fall down!

I am glad to hear that the only damage appears to have been bruising, as opposed to a breakage of a small bone or three in your foot. There are few things that can happen to a foot, other than the removal of said body part in its entirety of course, which can cause as many potential problems for ones long term mobility, than a damaged small bone in the area! You were lucky there I think!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I love having herbs in the garden. Are you going to start from seed?

One year, I put in lemon balm. The next year I had lemon balm not only in the back yard, I had it in the side yard and front yard.

LOL!!!

I also love dill. For some reason never had the best of luck with it.

I think this year I am going to try some dill in pots instead. Since the deer eat everything up here, I have to figure out where to put stuff so they don't get at it.

Good Morning all !! Hope everyone has a good day.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

True,

I am happy for you and your son.

Sounds like maybe you could start a tradition of having dinner together once a week.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

That is pretty much what seems to be occuring at the moment!

I could not possibly be happier!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I already know that lesson quite well. However, while I knew this wall was weak, I didn't think that this particular wall was as weak as it was. After only two whacks with the sledge, if came down...on me. I would have escaped if there were more room, but alas, there wasn't any. I do consider myself lucky.

Looking back on it, it was as the wall were a mouse trap and I was the mouse. It was that quick.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Potted herbs in your house do well in Wisconsin, unless you let the deer in. I have found that the deer pretty much eat anything veggie or leafy up there. (Which does make them so much more tasty come hunting season)

And get that tree cut most ricky-tick. Pines have a shallow root system and topple quite easily during storms, especially if the ground is wet. Having it smash the house is the last thing you need.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

LOL!!!!

No deer in the house.

Well the plants I have under the grow lites are doing well. I'm thinking when it's time to start planting them outside I would then start the Herbs. I'm ending up with more little pots than I expected.
I guess my thought process was, if I lose a plants here or there at least I won't have to start all over. And with such a short growing season up here. I don't want that.

OMG! A tree falling on my house is one of those things that keeps me awake at night. This one is a birch. A very long and scaggly trunk. Not healthy.

I'm looking forward to bringing it down. If some of the wood is good, I will have my Christmas gift list completed.
edit on 14-3-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Birch trees also have a fairly shallow root system. And they depend upon moist soil which weakens them even moreso. On a hill, they do OK, but on level ground, they don't live as long. Get rid of that sucker!

Look up what trees in your area are good. Beware the Honey Locust though, those trees are just plain evil. Look it up and you'll see what I mean.

I've been pestering my bud (once again) to get the one he has in the front yard chopped down. But in this case, I ain't having anything to do with it, unless explosives are involved. LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Holy Cow. Those thorns are scary looking.

Thankfully those tree's do not grow in this area. I was on dnr site and it shows them only growing mostly southern Ohio valley and south from there.

I have a young Maple tree in the back that is shapped really pretty. I'm not sure what kind of maple, but I know getting rid and triming these other tree's will help it grow.

This fall I fed all the tree's that I want to keep healthy. I'm not going to start cutting down the forest. LOL!! But the tree's that are on my property I am going to try and boost there systems, and hopefully the others will just die off.

The people who had the property before me, did an ok job.

Another fear of mine is loosing my nice green lush lawn. I've been asking other garderners, and I guess I have to make sure I put down a good weed & feed for acidicy. Because of the pine needles.
edit on 14-3-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I would never recommend growing herbs from seed as there is too much of a failure rate. Always buy a nice established plant. I also learned that for me, herbs do not do well indoors. When I once had a container garden on my porch it was magnificent! All different height stands, colorful pots or baskets with plants in them. It was absolutely gorgeous and thriving. So...this year I shall be planting in containers but in the yard.

I don't dare put anything in the ground because my Niece or her hubby have planted things near Mom's plants and their plants took over and killed some of hers.
I will also tell them and little Cody that I will water my own plants. I do not want my plants over watered and killed.

I'll probably get rosemary, lavender, mint, some orange or lemon scented sage I think it is sage, some thyme, and whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

Good to see you so happy True. You are a wonderful Dad!

Hiya Dawg and Syx! Hi to whoever is reading this! Carry on and let your light shine!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Aw, I get it. Well maybe when you get your containers, try and keep them more diagonal, and then you can bunch them and it looks pretty too. I have a site that I visit on occasion, that has taught me how to mix flowers that go well with vegetable plants. It helps with bugs and such. Then you could kind of "plot out your territory" LOL!

As far as the seed to plant ratio. I have heard the same thing forever. That why I have always gone plant.

But now that I have this grow lite room, I want to try it. I will only start out with one package, probably Dill. I don't want to waste the money. If they florish this year, maybe I will try something else next year.

I'm still learning alot about this, so as I learn I change my mind on how to do things. LOL!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm sure there are plenty of sites that could help you with growing things from seed. The trick with any plant is knowing how much or little water and sunlight they need to maintain them. Some plants are quite forgiving while others are not. It's all trial and error I guess. I guess the type of soil used is important as well, though most plants aren't too fussy. I don't dare go to an herb site right now, I'll be too anxious to start and
it's still too cold for that right now around here. LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Growing herbs is pretty easy. As you said, you just have to know the right amount of water and sun. After that, if you are growing them outdoors, then the critters are a problem.

But overall, they're pretty much maintenance free once you get a system down.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The easiest way, is to grow herbs in a window box as far as I can tell, assuming you have a window which gets enough sun to allow photosynthetic respiration.

On a different note, my son will be here in an hour
woo!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

True,

Have a wonderful day.

Don't forget to take pictures.

edit on 15-3-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm with Kat...take some pictures!!!!!

Hello everyone! How is your day so far?

new topics

top topics

<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join