It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 363
<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
a reply to: angelchemuel
a reply to: aboutface
a reply to: ccbears
a reply to: Night Star
a reply to: TrueBrit

Jane ~ that Video is Fantastic!! Nice lookin' bunch of Therapists You have there!!

Kat ~ My appt went just fine. And Ummm, about the gullable and waving at the TV(?) Not sure how to answer that one!! LOL!!

AboutFace ~ I'm glad to see You reading the Story from the start! I started to go back and copy paste all the Main Story entries, and all of the other Character point of View additions in the order they all came in from. It was quite the chore! I lost a lot of pages when an older hard drive crashed on Me! It sucked!! BAD!!! LOL!! I started again saving, but have been so sidetracked with real life lately, I had completely spaced it out!! LMAO!!! Thanx for the reminder, just by back reading! I'll have to try to get back to it......

CC ~ Hey! Nice seeing You here again! You have been A.W.O.L for a time now...... When the heck are You gong to enter a story piece?! I can help You Ya know. It isn't like I would get lost walking down the hall or anything!! LMAO!!!

Night ~ The animal avatars are cool aren't they. Human and Non-Human avvy's are neat too!! I love the diversity here at ATS with everyones different Avatars! They are kinda like a peek into each member's lives, Ya know?

True ~ I believe CC just found out that Spock did NOT die! She looked it up on Snopes, or a place similar that deals with internet hoaxing and stuff like that.

To Everyone else, HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Well if it was a hoax, it sure fooled an awful lot of people! The BBC for one!

CC, would you mind linking me in with any data you have? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hey True, She is offline now. Hold a sec and I'll see if I can get an addy for ya to check out.

ETA: Well it may be true after all Man. Not real sure at this point. I prob should not have mentioned it until I had all the facts. Duh Syx. LOL!!

edit on 27-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello My dear friends!! Have my little Cody up here playing some game on an his tablet. It bakes cake in lava. Ahahaha!I It has a funky looking dog that looks like a bunch of squares put together and all kinds of weird things. I don't understand it. Now a dog is drowning. LOL Pretty bad when an almost 6 year old knows more than me.
LOL

Hope you are all well. Should be doing laundry for Mom today and getting my tax info stuff together.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hi Night! You said, "should be" as in you are not going to do those things? or will prob do so...... Just curious.
Yah, little kids are smart. They soak up information so fast, then use it against us!! LMAO!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Hi Night! You said, "should be" as in you are not going to do those things? or will prob do so...... Just curious.
Yah, little kids are smart. They soak up information so fast, then use it against us!! LMAO!!!

I said should be, because Mom often changes her mind on when she wants it done like she did today. So tomorrow I should be doing it instead. LOL I didn't get my tax crap together either. Been chopping up cabbage and potatoes and kielbasa to make a soup for later. My back is killing me. Hope you are well dear friend.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It was a 109 car train, two buffer cars and 107 tank cars, and 27 of which derailed and caught fire. If I remember correctly, it was either thirteen or fourteen that erupted during the fiasco. You ain't kidding about it being a mess either. Has to be the longest clean up process to a derailment that I've ever seen since it took almost two weeks to get the line back open. As far as what the factor was that caused it to happen. It's going to be sometime before a cause is determined.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hi Gimme! Man, that's horrible!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Wow, So the one's that derailed were the one's that caught fire and exploded.

It will be interesting to find out what caused this. Answering the question, (If I am understanding correctly) Why did 27 tank cars derail before the train was stopped and, why was the chain reaction so many. Was someone not paying attention?

I will be looking to hear from you to find out how this inquiry into this really really bad situation plays out.

Hi Night.

Were you able to sleep well last night? I bet Cody calmed you down. They can be a handful. I always feel more peaceful when I am around kids. They don't have all that built up negative emotions that some grownups have.

edit on 1-3-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Hi Night.

Were you able to sleep well last night? I bet Cody calmed you down. They can be a handful. I always feel more peaceful when I am around kids. They don't have all that built up negative emotions that some grownups have.

they do when there are a bunch of them playing together and they hit each other because they want the same toy. LOL

I slept well enough. Hope you are doing well.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hi Gimme! Man, that's horrible!

Hi Night!! The derailment itself was bad but it could have been much worse if it would have derailed a tenth of a mile to the east.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Wow, So the one's that derailed were the one's that caught fire and exploded.

It will be interesting to find out what caused this. Answering the question, (If I am understanding correctly) Why did 27 tank cars derail before the train was stopped and, why was the chain reaction so many. Was someone not paying attention?

I will be looking to hear from you to find out how this inquiry into this really really bad situation plays out.

From what I understand with what I has been going on so far with the investigation. They are looking at the possibility that as the first or second car was passing over the point of derailment. That being one of the rails under the train broke due to the cold weather. The reason why the chain reaction was so large was due to where it happened in the train itself. Where it happened up at the front of the train, it caused the cars behind there to start to pile up as the first through fourth cars started to turn over. It was the fifth or sixth car that caused the other twenty or so to jackknife and pile up like they did. It also didn't help that the train itself was on the track next to the hillside either.

As evidenced here.....
Derailment Site

As for why they jackknifed before stopping, the train was already in the process of derailing when the brakes applied automatically when the air lines separated. The train crew was paying attention per the event recorder that was pulled from the lead locomotive. By the time that they knew something was out of the ordinary. The derailment had already occurred and was the rest of the incident was well underway and the only thing in their power they could do was inform the dispatcher as to what happened and to get people, i.e. fire departments, there to the scene.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this information.

Interesting, weather related.

Do you know of any new technology that they are considering implementing to avoid situations like this?

You also mentioned the area in which the accident occurred. Could the findings of this investigation make them consider re-routing these tracks?
edit on 2-3-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Good morning shedders.

Just popping in briefly. I'm off to work. Gonna be a long day.

Everyone have a great day. Stay safe and healthy.

Just wanted to add, I think it's great that you all will be getting together again this year.

edit on 2-3-2015 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

We're getting together? Where? When? I can't afford to go anywhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I thought I read a post by Jane that the team was getting together again in Aug.

I just went back and re-read the post and I guess she is talking about her therapy team.

Sorry Night, mis-read post. Sorry if I got your feathers ruffled.

ME BAD

edit on 2-3-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Hahahaha! No problem. That's what I thought it was in the first place.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To be honest and quite frank, I don't really know of anything that could prevent this from happening. Accidents can, do, and will always happen no matter what kind or type of safety innovations or protocols that you put in place. They may implement something to try and prevent it from happening. Then again, you implement something and something different may happen. Isn't that the way it always goes?

There is absolutely no way that the findings of the investigation warrant the re-routing of the line. When this line was originally built back in the late 1860's to the early 1870's. It was built as a water level type route between Richmond, Virginia and the Ohio River. Built to follow the James, Greenbrier, New, and Kanawha Rivers to get over the easier grades of the Allegheny Mountains. In some places down closer to where I live and to where the derailment occurred. A re-routing of the line would be entirely out of the question due to it running through cities and towns, i.e. Charleston and Saint Albans, to the narrow valley of the New River Gorge.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thanks for answering my questions gimme.

I have learned some interesting information.

Stay safe and stay warm.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

OK, who let the baby dragon use their toothbrush as a bath brush again?

top topics

<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join