It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 354
<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good job guys!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Many Thanx Night Star!! Somehow I knew You would be My First Reader!!
Such devotion warms my heart!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Once the sunlight brought a new day, Night had gotten dressed and rushed off to her lessons. She was excited to see Talon again and to see what she would learn. When she made it to the lesson hall, she noticed the students were huddled in a group whispering and Talon was nowhere to be found. Soon, another man entered to teach. He called the elf over to speak in private.
"I have a message from the King and Queen. They wish to speak with you in their private meeting chamber down the hall."

It sounded ominous. Where was Talon and why did his King and Queen want to speak with her? She travelled the short distance and knocked on the heavy door. It was King Malias who spoke first.
"Night Star, welcome, please sit down." "Something of urgency has come up and needs to be addressed."
The poor elf was beside herself with worry. What was going on and where was her beloved Talon? Her throat was dry and she could hardly swallow.

Queen Taya stepped forth and put her arm around Night.
"Child, please try to understand that we hold nothing but love for you, however, it has come to our attention that you and Talon have become...very...close." "In our society, we do not believe in interspecies relationships. Our blood lines are pure." She smiled sadly.

Night was shocked and heart broken and couldn't even look them in the eyes. She wanted to scream in protest or say something profound, yet she remained in an awkward silence.

King Malias stood from his throne and stepped down to speak more with her.
"Talon was sent away on a special mission." "For what it is worth, he is as deeply sorrowed and angry and confused as you must be." "I believe that in time you will be able to understand, your pain will heal and you will be whole again."

The elven maiden could stand no more of this senseless chatter.
"Perhaps in time, your people will learn what real love is and that it goes beyond the boundaries of what is simply expected of others, even if it is the wrong thing to expect."
She held her head up high and gently closed the door. Skipping her class for the day, she grabbed her cloak and went to visit Storm.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Typical. That is why I refuse to have a cat as a pet.

They are just so ....... self centered!

P

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Awww Little Elf. Typical dillusions of grandeur even from other species eh? It must be the way of the universe it seems......

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Trudging through the snow, she finally reached her destination in tears.
"Did you hear what happened?" "Did you know they sent him away, that..."
Storm interrupted her ramblings.
"I do Dear one." "I had feared it might come to this as each species has their own ways." "I had hoped that the felines were above such things." "We can't change what is."

"That's it?" "We can't change what is????" "My life is over just because?"
Wolf nuzzled against her leg trying to sooth her frazzled nerves and broken heart. She reached down and pet him.

Storm lowered his head closer to hers.
"Your life is anything but over." "Think of it like my name...Storm." "You are in a storm, wild weather, but eventually the sun shines bright again, you'll spread your wings and fly like you always have." "Speaking of flying, I must leave for a bit to spread my own wings and to feed with the other dragons, but I shall return as always little one."
He walked out into the open air, spread his wings wide and took off to the skies with a great whoosh.

"Is everyone filled with rainbow and lollipops philosophies?" "Has everyone gone mad?" "Does anyone have any genuine feelings anymore?"
She spoke aloud though only Wolf was near enough to hear her. She wondered if Shadow knew what happened? He seemed to know a lot about many things going on. She didn't want to speak to Shadow. He was the one who said to be grateful for as long as the relationship lasted. She wondered if he knew just how 'long' it would actually last and just how ungrateful she was about it. No, she thought, Shadow wouldn't want to be around her negative self today. There was a time when she was so filled with light and love and now there seemed to be so much darkness and shadows. Night was determined to rise again, to shine her light out into the world but it would not be today. She headed back to the shed hoping to find Syx, CC and the others so she could think of something else besides herself.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Typical. That is why I refuse to have a cat as a pet.

They are just so ....... self centered!

P

Hahahahaha! That cracked me up!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Awww Little Elf. Typical dillusions of grandeur even from other species eh? It must be the way of the universe it seems......

LOL! I hope everyone was surprised by the new twist. Love relationships in a story is too hard for me to continue for very long.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It is out.

Yes it is done.

If any of you have ever wanted to read one of my books, read this one.

Start here.

A Symbiotic Bond

Finally.

Now to finish the next two. Lol

P

That cover art is awesome and the story sounds like it would be too!!!! I don't want to download any reader thingy though. Is this in print?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm curious about e-publishing as so many people are doing this these days. With e-books being so cheap, how does one ever make much of a profit?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No not yet. It is so expensive to do that. Better to wait until it gains traction in the E-book world and hope a publisher wants to run with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I started a thread for it.

If you change your mind, there are some very good readers out there and the best are free downloads from safe places such as

calibre-ebook.com...

Very good reader and open source as well.

No computer should be without it.

P

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm curious about e-publishing as so many people are doing this these days. With e-books being so cheap, how does one ever make much of a profit?

I do not write for profit, it is a hobby, pure and simple.

I write for pleasure, hell, I would have to sell a great heap of books just to break even and frankly, I don't care.

P

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You took the words right out of my mouth. I just like to write! Money is nice, but really very secondary to the enjoyment I get from doing My stories. If people also like them, that's great too. But I just like being able to put something together. It is my therapy of sorts I guess......

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I even laugh at my own jokes. Some of them are really funny.

As you will find out soon, there are some good ones in that book.

They can also make me really sad, when something unexpected happens.

It helps if you write without a plan. Some people love to plan, some just write. I can't plan a book to save my life.

P

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

LOL I hear ya there! I usually get an idea and just let it flow out onto paper, well the screen. One day I was writing a story on paper with a pen and it was very tedious! ( i need to dig that out some day.) I was waiting for CC at one of her doctor appts...... I can't believe how spoiled I have gotten on this puter!! LMAO!!!
Oh i also like to try to interject some humor, when it fits, at times. It is fun to be able to get a chuckle out of our own jokes eh? LOL!!!
Bacon for instance is fun to play with here in the shed stories! A couple previous writers used to fight over the grilling duties! It made for some funny reading!! LMAO!!!

edit on 13-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have a dear friend in Canada who is an amazing writer and has wished to be a successful author his whole life. He made sales with e-books, but of course he wants to be published in print and do it as a profession. I try to keep encouraging him but he gets so depressed.

I feel bad for anyone who truly wants to make it as a writer as it is so difficult. Look at the Wizard of Oz and how many times that book got turned down. Look at The Harry Potter series and that author was also rejected a number of times.
And I hate book reviews because that is just one persons opinion. I might love something and the reviewer will hate it and vice versa.

I'm like you guys and just write as a hobby. It's fun and challenging.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I have a dear friend in Canada who is an amazing writer and has wished to be a successful author his whole life. He made sales with e-books, but of course he wants to be published in print and do it as a profession. I try to keep encouraging him but he gets so depressed.

I think it is in the attitude you take to your writing.

I am a published author. It is that simple. Publishing companies are not what they used to be.

Now they just cruise through the E-books looking for something popular and then offering the Author peanuts in return for a finished work that they do not have to put any effort in.

Lol, I wish this discussion was in my thread!

The days of getting discovered by a publisher, of having a dedicated editor etc etc are gone, done and buried.

The big publishers are dying out, they just don't know it yet.

E-books outsell print books now.

P

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hey I dropped in some questions at Your Thread Man! Curious minds want to know! LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I guess I'm old school and prefer a printed paperback or hard cover book to hold in my hand. Plus, I get them cheap second hand most of the time and share them with friends or donate them.

It will be a sad day when bookstores close down because electronics took over. We have a book store where you can look for books and magazines and they have like a bakery/café where you can sit. Wish I had one in my neighborhood. I'd be there often!

I read every single night before going to sleep. I'll even read in the tub. LOL I always said that if I went a day without reading, I would have to be pretty damned sick or dying. Well, when I had my cancer, I remember one day lying in bed and not having read a single word that entire day. I then realized just how sick I was.

I just can't imagine in my wildest dreams never having book stores. Man, that's a horrible thought. Imagine some years into the future and people marveling at a real book?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
From Wolf, Storm and I, we bid you all a good night.

top topics

<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join