It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 352
<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Night! We had a little bit of a melt off yesterday here. But still plenty of snow on the ground! Grey skies here today. I hate these days. They seem to never even start, Ya know?! LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:03 AM
Good Morning Shedders! Another Grey day here so far.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
Morning Syx! More snow here!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:33 AM

Hellooooo Sheddites!

Well, ALL of my snow has gone!
We're back to the "usual" Scottish winter GREY skies and cold, damp wind.

Ach well, whit can ye dae? LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:09 PM
Hi Cutie! Good to see you Gordi!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
***pushes the door open clicks on the light***

"hmmm - nobody home?"

****checks the fridge for beer - flumps down on the couch - stokes up the fire - tunes a guitar...****

I've got a BlonnaHooley rehearsal tonight.
We've got our debut "proper" gig coming up soon. (1st "professional" paid-for gig that we are doing on our own!)
...And... we're not ready yet! HELP!! LOL
So we're going to squeeze in a couple of quick rehearsals before the gig, to get us up to speed!

It'll be scary coming out from behind the drumkit!
I've only done a handful of gigs as a singer/guitarist and this is the first time that I'll be fronting the whole show!!

The Gig is on the 21st.

Also busy busy with ShureThing (the band I drum for), we're rehearsing on Thurs, then gigging on Sunday and again on 28th!

How's everyone else doing?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:40 PM
Glad to hear you are busy with your music endeavors Gordi!

Man, standing outside, some of the snow is piled as high I am tall. I am 5'4. In some places not as much, in others even higher.
At least I got out of the house today for lunch and shopping. I love the craft store we go to, they have a lot of kids crafts and toys/books for only a dollar! Good stuff too! So I finished my Valentine shopping for Cody and Elizabeth. Got myself a cute, big plastic cup shaped like a mason jar with handles and a straw and lid. It has flowers and hearts and says dream big on it. So cute. Also picked up some cool crosses with sparkly crystals. Just have to get chains for them to make necklaces for xmas.

Where is everyone?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
I am up in the rafters. Look up young Elf!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:22 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

There you are silly Wolf! Always around somewhere watching. LOL
Hi Pheonix!!! Bedtime for me. See you tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:58 AM
I think it's Cody's birthday today?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:45 AM
Good Morning Shed land people! ~CLINK~ Coffee Mug cheers to Ya's ALL!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
Hello everyone!

So does anyone know for sure if it was Cody's Birthday yesterday???? I would have made him a thread if I knew for sure.

More damned snow coming from what I hear. Good Lord!

Got to take out the garbage, get the mail and visit Mom for a bit.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:24 PM
Another six to 12 inches of snow. I said snow Gordi!
Arriving Saturday and Sunday! I swear, people can't see around corners now because the snow is piled so high on the sides of the streets. Where the hell are we going to put any more?

With Mom being 91 and feeling crappy so often, we never know when we might have to call an ambulance. Even if you try to keep the front of the house cleared out to the street, if a plow comes later there is no damned opening again! When time is of the essence, having people shoveling before the paramedics can get to us... sucks! All this snow we have been getting has been week after week. It might be fun for kids, but dangerous as hell for the elderly and disabled.

Thank God for Dennis and a neighbor of ours or we would be doomed. My Niece used to help Dennis her hubby, but now with the baby he is solo out there. Some he can plow but there are a lot of steps to shovel with two porches, a landing and more steps in front of the porch in front. I pray he doesn't get one of his migraines.

Hello? Hello is anyone home? PHEONIX is that you? LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:41 PM
Evening madam!

So... Lady Winter is cheating on me with the United States? I suppose I should have expected it! I miss her nails clawing my back...

I have an idea that might help with your snow on the drive and path problem. What you need is some off cuts of carpet, or a bunch of tarpaulin.

Before the next batch of snow comes down, get enough tarp or carpet to cover a goodly portion of the area you want to keep snow free. Tack down one side of each bit of covering, using ground spikes. Let it snow. In the morning, just lift the free edge of the covering, and the snow, with a little persuasion, will slide off to the side, allowing for quicker snow clearance! It won't be labour free, but it should be quicker than just shovelling!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:03 PM
a reply to: TrueBrit

TRUE!!!!!!! So good to see you! I suppose if the snow is light and fluffy that would work well, but if it's the heavy slushy kind I dunno. Dennis is doing a good job whatever he is doing out there.

How is Ashley?????

Have you been playing your bass???

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM

My son is well, although I have to have a heart to heart with him about the importance of oral hygiene on Sunday. Apparently he has had an extraction already, has another to come, and has cavities like you would not believe, mostly because he refuses to use a proper toothpaste, opting instead for the fruit flavoured ones.

I empathise with his position on mint toothpaste, but if he is going to swig hot chocolate with cream and chocolate dusting on top, and scoff manly portions of other foods besides, he has to learn to clean his teeth properly!

And I have been playing my bass a little. I went over to a dudes place the other day for a bit of a jam. He was playing an acoustic in drop D though, and it never gelled up right. That might have something to do with the fact that he likes Nirvana a bit too much, and the fact that I believe that the most artistic thing Cobain left behind in this world was the spatter pattern on the wall behind him... Even that was a rip off of a Jackson Pollock....

That said, it was nice to have a bit of fiddle with my bass for once.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:28 PM

Yes, it is I.

How is your love life with the furry one going?

Have you lost him in the snow perhaps?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:54 PM

Ummm, Night? Maybe You guys should invest in a Freakin Flame Thrower! I think Phoenix mentioned it a while back. Not a bad idea in My book! I've always liked gasoline and a match! Snow Sure looks perty burnin away like that!! LOL!!!

Be careful obviously if You decide on gasoline and a match. It can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
(This message posted by Yours truly.)

Seriously, I do hope they forecast wrong for your neck of the woods Night. Enough is enough, right?!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:09 PM
How do u post a video on here
Someone please help

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
a reply to: syrusthevyrus

Hi! Go to and pick a video. Copythe address to it then when you open a reply box here, there is a YouTube vid box at top in the icons section. Click ok. Click the address box and paste the address into it. Then go in the address and click just RIGHT of the equal sign. erase everything to the left including the equal sign. Then hit ok, and the code will be in your reply box! Give it a try......
BTW< Welcome to ATS!!!
edit on 12-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>