It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 351
<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I started a wee thread about places to visit... with "14 places you'd never think were in Scotland"...

Take a peek and let me know what you think?

LINK to GORDI's THREAD

Cheers!
G

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: Night Star
Don't go there Gordi! LOL
Doug, you know Gordi's gonna go there. LOL

ME???? LOL

My Halo is Intact!

Oh hell...your ears must have been ringing. Or is that nose itching...or itchy palms?

Where did ya get the Halo? ASDA or Tesco?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well if you can do it...so can I

Jane's 6 Nations thread

Btw....I was hard pushed to decide which was my fav place in Scotland....there are simply just too many.

Jane

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi Everyone...

On Monday evening my daughter called me from work to say that her boyfriend was there to take her to the hospital. Of course I went to meet them at emerg...we were there late into the night.
She had a "spell" where she zoned out, and her co-worker insisted that she get checked out.
Her EKG was normal, blood work was normal, brain scan was normal, blood pressure normal, etc.
When the doctor finally saw her, he did a couple of simple tests, and said that it sounded like an 'absence seizure' (also known as 'petit mal seizure'.) He told her to see her family physician asap to schedule an EEG.

I took her to that appointment today, and her doctor told her that he was notifying the Ministry and that her driver's license was being revoked. She, of course...was sobbing.

I just got home from driving her various places this afternoon (and then work)...and told her I will do my best to take her where she needs to go.
I'm hoping the Ministry asks for the EEG results before they suspend her license, but I also don't want her to drive and get into an accident (if it happens again).

That's why I've been absent this week...and I will likely be fairly absent for awhile. Will try to come on in the early mornings, and whenever possible.
I'm pretty stressed...with this, on top of everything else.

I hope you guys are all well. I miss you.
Hopefully be back soon,
jacy xoxo

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Awww Jacy, I'll be thinking of and praying for your daughter. HUGS!!!!!!!!

I could have sworn I made a reply to you Gordi saying: Last I heard, your halo was in the repair shop, right next to Cody's.
Now, I don't see it anywhere. Bizarre. Maybe because I'm in this snow globe right now, it won't allow all my replies to go through.

Might have another couple of feet of snow coming Monday into Tuesday on top of all the rest we had. OMG!

edit on 5-2-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy hon....in the meantime get some Rosewood and Frankincense oil for your daughter. (make up a small amount in a separate dropper bottle) Combine in equal parts and pop about 5 drops into a daily bath. Soak for 20 mins minimum, don't use any soap products the oils will clean and deodorise her. U2U me or fb me if you want to know more

Jane

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I did some reading on your daughters condition. I think we've all had a petit mal seizure at some points in our lives. I know I have. My Doc told me that it was from the lack of rest and it was my brain resetting. (Maybe I need a reboot?)

I've actually driven on auto-pilot before, I believe it's called white line fever to Truckers where you just zone out after hours of driving. You're awake, and following the laws and keeping up with traffic and the next thing you know, your brain kicks in again and you briefly wonder where the last five miles went. That's scary and I pull over as soon as it's feasible.

It just sneaks up on you without warning. One minute your jamming along to some music making good time and the next thing you know, there is missing time and miles. Thankfully it is pretty rare but once is enough.

Can your daughter take a week off and just chill? Not do a damn thing but sleep and enjoy herself?

I worry and pray for you and now your daughter as well. YOU need some time off as well young lady.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Jacy I wish the best for Your Daughter, and You! Good morning, BTW!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

[[[[[[Jacy]]]]]]]

Not much I can add hunny, other than - you know we're all thinking of you.
Take care of you and yours.

Gx

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well, I've had a rather productive morning. (I took the day off work!!! LOL)

Our wee village has a crossroads at it's heart, and you can take any of the 4 roads out and come back in on any of the other 3!!!
(Depending on how fit/energetic you are feeling!!)

So, this morning I've been for a walk (with my dodgy knee on the mend) around the 2-mile loop.
What a brilliant way to start the day! Sunshine, fresh air, snowy fields, sheep!! LOL

Here's a couple of photos to give you a flavour...

(The village in the background of the 4th and 5th images is where I stay!)

Right - Am ready now for my home-mede soup!

G

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Jacygirl...

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter might be suffering from seizures of this sort. I hope that with your support, she will be able to come to terms with the changes to her life that may come with this diagnosis. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Nice pix Gordy! I grew up in a rural area and have always loved the countryside! Fresh country air and the views are spectacular! Nice that You live so close to open areas too Man!! Very nice!!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Awesome pics Gordi!!!!

Hiya True and Syx!

Jacy, if your daughter can't get her license back it will be for her own protection as well as that of others. She will have to get used to depending on others and I know that isn't easy as I have to depend on other people in my own life. I know you will be there for her. I also know how difficult it is for you to have to care for your Mother-in law. You are a strong lady and I know sometimes you get tired of having to be strong all the time. You know beyond the shadow of a doubt you can always come 'home' to the shed and your family of Sheddites will be here waiting.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Good morning Shed!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Afternoon/evening all! Hi Syx! How is CC?

Snowing a little today. Supposed to snow until Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hey guys! Back from another busy day. Just got back from a friends house where we worked on his car and my Jeep. He has the garage, I have the tools. It's a perfect situation as it's to damn cold to be working on a vehicle outside.

Only popping in for a short period though as I do have to get some groceries. The cupboards and fridge are getting bare, not to mention I have no Beer or Baileys left in the house.

Be patient Night...three more months and the snow should be gone. (Notice I did say should)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hi Doug! Yes a few more months. We should be safe by then. LOL

Good to see you!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Helloooooo!? Anyone home?!!!

ETA: Jacy!? How is Your Daughter doing? I hope she is ok. And How are You doing? I hope You are well today......
edit on 8-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night. CC and I are both doing ok, Thanx. Besides being tripped out by all the snow that is! Yah we have a lot here too. Not as much as You prob though......

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi Syx! Still stuck in my snow globe here and more snow coming.

Valentine's Day is coming.

top topics

<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join