It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 350
<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi Night Star!

I need to get back into it too!

I have been so busy with work, getting to know my son, and various other bits and bobs, that my bass time has been reduced by a considerable margin. That said, there are worse reasons to slow down on practice time. None the less, as understandable as it may be, I want to do more with my bass guitar.

I was at a friends place a few days back, and he also plays bass. He has a really gorgeous Yamaha, and an Ibanez, and unlike my bass, they both have dropped action, that is, the strings are much closer to the fretboard. This has the obvious result of making each note easier to play, requiring less finger pressure on the string to achieve the correct level of tension for the note one is attempting to play. I love to finger tap my bass, but playing his guitars in that fashion is just soooooo fluid and effortless in comparison!

I am, therefore, going to take my bass round to his place at some point this month, put some new strings on and give my axe a clean, and ask him very nicely indeed to set my bass up so that the strings are closer to the board. I am literally salivating at the thought!

In other news, I went to the movies this evening with my son, and his mother. We saw a film called Big Hero 6, and although it was a Disney production, I have to say, we all had a great time, the little man especially! It is a really good film, consisting of pretty much everything you could ask for from a movie. There are explosions, action, drama, emotional torment, and... How do I put this? There is an inflatable robot in an armour suit as well... I do not know where to even begin with that!

edit on 3-2-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammar alteration.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi True! Oh that will be so cool when your friend fixes your bass the way you want it. Sounds like it will be easier and more fun to play for you! Mark still occasionally customizes guitars for all his friends and their friends.

Disney movies are usually well done. Glad you had a nice family night out at the movies! I love movies! I get to watch some kids movies with Cody at his house. LOL I do enjoy a good kids movie once in a while. To go out to see a movie though it's usually some kind of haunting or sci fi.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
WHAT...MORE SNOW coming???? OMG, the sides of the streets are piled so high, it's hard if not impossible to see around corners when driving. There is no place to put the damned stuff!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I am with you on the film preference. I pretty much stopped going to the movies a little while back, and only go now in order to hang with my child. That said, he has seen all the classics. Terminator (all of them), Robocop (all of them), you know the drill. One of his Aunties is a proper eighties action, science fiction, horror buff!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh yes! Great movies!

Hey we have a pet forum now!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
WHAT...MORE SNOW coming???? OMG, the sides of the streets are piled so high, it's hard if not impossible to see around corners when driving. There is no place to put the damned stuff!

Have you thought of investing in a flame thrower? Just melt the stuff.

It would be fun. Love to see ya in camo gear with a big MF flamethrower.

P

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordy Man! Forgive My rudeness? I forgot to tell You how Much I enjoyed Your Story addition! I even starred it earlier, but forgot to let You know that I liked it very much!!

Like Wow Man. What a Space Case I am!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

And a Hell Yah to The FlameThrower Idea!!!! I like that one tons!!! Yeee Freakin Hawwww!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I saw that there is now a Pet Forum! It has been a long time comin', eh?

Jude, You and some others' persistence has paid off!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Have you thought of investing in a flame thrower? Just melt the stuff.

It would be fun. Love to see ya in camo gear with a big MF flamethrower.

P

What a good idea! Hahahaha!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I saw that there is now a Pet Forum! It has been a long time comin', eh?

Jude, You and some others' persistence has paid off!!!

Yes, many of our members have been wanting this for a long time.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oh no, everyone is caught up in real life again! Am I the only one without a real life here? LOL

Hello to you all! I hope everyone is at least having a pleasant day for themselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hi Night! Hi Everyone else! I am here, for a short while. Grocery day and all that......
How are Ya?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Yep, Real life is stompin' pretty hard on me at this time. Luckily I have a hard head.

And I don't give up with out a fight.

It's hard livin' life at the speed of Doug!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Don't go there Gordi! LOL

Doug, you know Gordi's gonna go there. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Hell, Night, you know he will!

Unless of course two pages pass before he comes back. Short attention span and all.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
What, where, oh, foot fetishes.

Interesting subject matter for a discussion.

Perhaps the Felines like a lovely shaped foot, eh Night.

P

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Don't go there Gordi! LOL
Doug, you know Gordi's gonna go there. LOL

ME???? LOL

My Halo is Intact!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
What, where, oh, foot fetishes.

Interesting subject matter for a discussion.

Perhaps the Felines like a lovely shaped foot, eh Night.

P

No, his hard head. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Supposed to go to the grocery store later. STOP SNOWING!

new topics

top topics

<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join