It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 349
<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Blood? Did we make a boo boo?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I don't make boo-boo's. They just happen.

Let's see. I now sport a gash on the top of my noggin, three cuts to my right arm, two to my left, I managed to step on not one, but three nails at the same time, (thankfully they didn't get to far in) and a nice gash on my right leg.

What the hell, I might as well throw in frost nip from all the shoveling I did and a minor burn on my left hand when my glove caught on fire because unbeknownst to me, I had splashed a dash of fuel on it and when I lit the bonfire my thumb burst into flame. If any of the neighbors were watching, they had to be in conniptions. I haven't moved nor danced that fast in years.

All in all, pretty much a normal time at the farm. But got a lot of work done. My bud has a theory that I spontaneously start leaking blood (DDIG! I mean it!) every time I go out there. Hehe. He may be right. After three years of watching over the place or helping him out on whatever project, I can only recount one time I haven't done some type of harm to myself.

I think the scientific term for people such as myself is...klutz.

edit on 3-2-2015 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hey Gordi,

Damn Man, your a good looking guy. Come here and the women would be all over you. LOL!

I also like the wood on that guitar. ( whats the make on that?)

As far as Tennis, I did play on the tennis team when I was in high school. Just couldn't sit and watch it.

As your weather goes, what kind of winter sports do you?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Jane, Happy Birthday.

Glad you got that bath, Couldn't for the life of me figure out what that sm.... Oh well, Glad you had a good birthday.

Bubbles and champagne, what else do you need?? LOL!! Well leave that one alone too. LOL

Hey Dawg,

Dang dude, lots of boo boo's. Have you had your vision checked? LOL Maybe just need a minor tweek in the prescription?

Hey to everyone.

Hope we all all staying warm and safe.

I am watching GMA this morning. They are taking a drone in the Bardabunga crater.

Then I'm off to work.

Have a good day all!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Hey Gordi,
Damn Man, your a good looking guy. Come here and the women would be all over you. LOL!
I also like the wood on that guitar. ( whats the make on that?)
As far as Tennis, I did play on the tennis team when I was in high school. Just couldn't sit and watch it.
As your weather goes, what kind of winter sports do you?

I'm on ma waaay > > > > LOL

You have a great eye! That guitar is an Ibanez Exotic Wood Series (EW20BGE) and it is finished in BUBINGA wood!
It is STUNNING, especially when natural sunlight hits the grain, it looks like it has copper tones behind or through the wood, it's very hard to describe in words, but Lovely to see!
You can see better images of it HERE
Winter Sports?
I LOVE sledging with the kids! (Once jumped over a stream on a sledge!!! LOL)
Have tried skiing (didn't like it much)
I LOVE the look of sled-dog racing!!! Saw it LIVE in Aviemore Scotland a few years back but haven't tried it (yet!) myself.
I can ice skate pretty good, but haven't been for a while.
Curling is pretty big here in Scotland too...
I think I prefer sitting by a log fire with a large glass of something nice nowadays!!! LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Gordi awakened to the sound of waves lapping on the shore, as a soft breeze rocked the van like a cradle.

A couple of weeks had passed since he and his shed-mates had been caught up in the ferocious battle, and he had decided to take some time out to let his wounds heal and his aching body recover.
He wasn't as young as he used to be, and he was thinking to himself that the years were beginning to take their toll! So, he had gone back to his ship, and unloaded the rainbow campervan for a few days R & R, at a secluded beach under the hazy winter sun.
As he regained his health and his strength returned, his mind wandered to thoughts of home. He missed the roaring fires, the smell of the pines and most of all he missed his friends and family.

"Time to go home" he decided!

The journey passed uneventfully as he quickly returned the van to the ships hold and set out for home.
He smiled as he saw all of the other ships already nestled at the dock... it looked like many of the shed-mates were already home, GOOD!
So, he tied up the boat, and disembarked once more in the lovely rainbow-coloured camper, "shedward" bound!

A great shadow passed over the van as he pulled onto the long driveway, and he quickly stopped just in time to see...
SPORKY!!! The magnificent Dragon, with scales of shiny cutlery! land beside him.

"Did ye miss me, ya big lump?" Gordi shouted, but Sporky was already hopping about like an excited puppy, blowing smoke rings into the open windows of the van!
"Where are the others? Is NightStar home? Jacy? and what about Angel? Have you seen Syx and CC? or Dawg?" the names just kept coming and coming...
But Sporky was too excited to answer and just kept hopping back and forward - beckoning Gordi towards the shed.

The Shed.

There it stood in all it's magnificent rainbow coloured glory, glowing in the low light like a firefly, calling him on... and he could now hear... the muted and muffled sounds of.... voices!

What better sound is there in the whole world, than the sound of your family, friends and shed-mates making merry round the open log fire?

Gordi struggled to hold back a tear as he stepped forward and reached out for the handle of the big Oak door at the rear of the kitchen... and slowly... gently eased it open.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Good thing our bodies re-produce our blood supply eh Dawg?! Otherwise you'd probably need to carry bags of it around when You're at the farm!! LOL!!! Hope you have had a recent Tetnus shot. Just sayin......

Good morning everyone!!

Gordy, cool addition to The Story!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi Mike!
How are ya doin buddy?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That is a sweet guitar Gordi. But for some odd reason, your Avatar reminds me of a school pic.

Oh...and thanks for not going there earlier, though I'm sure myself and others will give ya more opportunities.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I haven't gone there... YET!!! mwhahahaa!!!
How ya doin Doug? Is there still enough blood in your alcohol stream??? LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Hey Gordi,
Damn Man, your a good looking guy. Come here and the women would be all over you. LOL!....

Hi Kat,
Thank you!
But here is your new "seeing-eye" dog! (I'm so sorry that you need one now! LOL)
His name is..... cookie!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Hey Gordy! I'm fine, Thanx. And How Ya doin so far today?!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

My alcohol content is just fine, thanks for asking.

But that's for later...gotta return the rental now and then take the Jeep back to the mechanics. The adjuster missed all sorts of things. It's still messed up. GRRRR!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Good Luck with the Jeep Dawg!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Hope you have had a recent Tetnus shot. Just sayin......

I don't have time for Tetanus. Nor do I have time to bleed.

edit on 3-2-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I'm doin great Mike, Thank you!

OK, BIG NEWS!! (Well, it's BIG to me!! LOL)

My Physio is "delighted" with what I've done!
I haven't needed any support / strapping or meds for my knee for about 3 weeks now.
I've done all my exercises / stretches etc and it's all looking peachy!
I can walk!!! LOL without limping or leaning on a stick.
I can "squat" on one leg (even the bad one) for 10 reps!!
So, I don't have to go to physio anymore!
Big G is on the way back! YeeeHaaawww!!!! LOL

1st time in months I feel "good" about me.

Well chuffed! (happy bunny!)

PS - Forgot to add that at the weekend.... I touched my toes! (straight legged!!!) for the first time in..... MANY YEARS!!! LOL
To the astonishment of my band-mates!
edit on 3-2-2015 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LOL That Dawg!! LMAO!!! Go get 'em Man!! LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Good to see You are well on the way to fully mended Man!! And Congrats on the toe touching!! I have been fortunate in that I can still touch my toes straight legged like I could do before my injuries! It's just the lifting heavy stuff and just standing still that gets to me anymore. For some reason standing in lines at a store sucks bad!! Legs burn and lower back is on fire too!! Alas, such is life, eh?! LOL!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I missed out on everything! Hello Kat, Gordi, Dawg and Syx and everyone else!!!!

Wow Kat does have a good eye. I was too busy just looking at Gordi's face I didn't realize what a pretty guitar he had!

Here's a couple of Mark's.

Yay Gordi actually posted in the story!!!!!!!!!!! Good job Gordi!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wish he would play again. I love listening to him play. I love having guitars and equipment in the house.

new topics

top topics

<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join