It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Rodinus

Mind you, insanity is the only logical response to a world gone mad, which is probably why I find this thread and the people who participate here such charmingly comfortable good company!

OK......I just heard Spocks voice!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 13-6-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Rodinus

No Rod...

They do not let me know the schedule, as they have learned that I tend to ambush them when they operate to a routine!

Cripes... remember the last time we didn't get our pills?

Chewing gum overdose...

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 13/6/14 by Rodinus because: Vid fixed

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Heh...it's funny... Some of my friends think I am half Vulcan, half Klingon!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Homer will be along shortly to mess with your avi!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hey! You guys get your meds delivered?
I have to sneak around in back alleys for mine....

Hi everybody! *mwah* *mwah*
I love Spock! He is the only logical man I've ever known...the rest are so emotional...lol...(sorry, weird mood today!)

Nice to see you all....I see we've all been rather absent lately. *hugs the Dawg* just in case you're lurking...

jacy

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm always here even if I'm quiet and not saying anything. Someone has to check up on you guys. LOL

Ok, must be time for night shift and it's slow around here. Might as well read a book...Once upon a time in a far away place, there lived a gentle dragon who was put down for not being fierce. He seemed to make friends with other animals
no matter where he went. Well, after the initial fright of the other animals, before they realized the little dragon was kind.

One day the Father dragon called his son over and told him that he could not have a son that he couldn't be proud of and disowned him right there and then. The little dragon looked over to his brothers and sisters. They all breathed fire and snarled. The Momma dragon was very sad and just walked away into the farthest corner of the cave.

Little dragon's heart was broken. What would he do now? Where would he go? He walked out of the cave, spread his colorful wings and took to the air until he could fly no longer. He landed with exhaustion, curled up under the ancient trees and dreamt...The air was filled with the sound of crickets and an occasional hoot of an owl here and there, a rustling through the leaves and cracking of twigs as some nocturnal animal crept by.

Little dragon awoke at sunrise and the sound of a human child in distress. He poked his head around the tree and saw a small boy crying. "What is wrong little human? he asked. The small boy was without fair. He believed in things that others called myths or fantasy. He was very different from other humans and scolded for believing what the elders considered nonsense. He was laughed at and teased relentlessly by other children so he ran away.

"I am Thomas." said the child to the little dragon. The dragon smiled widely. "I am Dreamer. said the dragon.
Thomas was very excited to finally meet a dragon. "We can be friends and have great adventures together and never have to worry about what others say again!"

Dreamer was excited to finally have met a human especially a human child, but he knew that a child could not wander the rest of his days with a dragon by his side. He knew too that he himself would have to return and be with other dragons. But for now, for a time anyway, they could be friends and perhaps support each other, make each other find their courage and strength to be, not what others expected them to be, but to be themselves in spite of all else. They would both return to where they belonged, but today. Today was for fun and frolicking and deep thoughts and deep dreams. The soft summer wind blew through the trees, birds sang their daily songs and all was well with the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Oh wow Night!!!
Where did that come from woman????
Pure brilliance!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Did someone say meds? I could sure use some caffeine right now, even though I'll be awake in a couple hours.

@Night, brilliant writing, as always.

Just sticking around for night shift, and to wish everyone a happy full-moon, solar-flare plagued Friday the 13th! Wish I could see the moon tonight, as rising it's supposed to be blood-red (which means the crazy drivers will be out tonight).

I've got a friend that has a birthday today, and the last time a full moon happened on his, we were in elementary school. Sadly, he's changed for the worse in my opinion, and we don't talk much (guess you could say he went down the "you only live once college party forever" route, and I went down the "you only live once, but there's too much in the world to see so why not experience it" route).

How's everyone doing?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hiya Jane and Foss!!!! Glad you enjoyed my kids story. I dunno, it just came flowing out. LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Well keep in that 'zone' then....get it over on the writers section and tell us more!!!!

Right I am feeling like this today...

So happy day to you all....I'm off to commit mischief and mayhem...I'll pop in and out during the day.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mura44
a reply to: Tsu322

Hi Tsu. Thank you for the welcome. You are the writer aren't you? What kind of umm, whatcha callit? Genre? Is that the right word? Er... stuff - yes, what kind of stuff do you write? Where is it? Can I read some?

As you can see I am no writer, but I have so much enjoyed my first ventures into ATS and particularly this weird tardis -like shed place because the people here are so funny and warm and friendly.

See you round.
Cheers
Mura

Hiya Mura!

Nice to see you back! I love the way you say I'm the writer instead of a writer hehe. Now, how to convince the publishers?

The below link is my submissions to ATS, you'll understand that T's n C's prevent me from putting up my best works, my genre is sex, violence, politics and religion and what ever controversial bandwagon I can jump on to shock, I mean um, entertain, yeah, that.
Thank you for asking!

www.abovetopsecret.com...&fid=42

FYI, don't pay any attention to Rod, he's sane so he doesn't know what he's on about! I can assure you that everyone here is just as sane as Rod, except for myself, I'm even more sane than everyone, trust me on this one, my shrink tells me at least five times a day.

Eminem anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Hmmm, that does not appear to be an Eminem track. I can tell because I have not had the urge to tear someone's liver out with my teeth yet!

How are you today Tsu!? Aside from feeling sane (which is a terrible affliction).

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Tsu is avatarless. Oh my!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Waves at all the shedders! Shedders, makes us sounds like a bunch of cats or something. LOL

I'm on another round of antibiotics because I still have a urinary track infection.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Track, or tract?

Either way, sounds unpleasant. I hope that clears up in due course!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Phew,

Now that I am actually able to reply...

@Night, I hope you are able to recover as quick as possible; infections aren't fun

As for everyone else, if you can figure out a way to post, I hope your day's are going fine.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Ah...Just a quick reply Foss. still on sabbatical, but I did see the problems. Chrome seems to be working fine now.

This world of mine, and probably everybody else's seem's to be going to [Snip].

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Oh come on, this world isn't falling to pieces yet (well, it look like my ATS crisis is over, so I don't have to hack a reply in). However, I'm glad to hear that you're still around reading everything

How goes the sabbatical?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I swing by, but rarely log in. The sabbatical sucks, but is needed for me.

Just got to un[Bleep!] myself.

It'll get better...I know it will. Just have to take the time to make it so.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I hear ya - and you're right; it will get better at somepoint.

Let's just say that this isn't my first time being on ATS; I left for a couple years to mentally & physically remove some baggage, and I almost considered doing it again last November (Thanksgiving & Christmas were pretty hard on my, as I did my first official breakup; also part of the reason I joined in on the Valentines Day thread, as I needed some cheering up). Only reason why I didn't was everyone that was in that thread made me feel at home, and I pretty much forgot all of the pain I was going through.

What might be interesting is trying to go a week without the internet; I have yet to try that.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join