It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Awwwww gawwwwd I should be in bed...I have work to do tomorrow!!!!!!!
Here's the easiest way to reply (besides the fact I'm in music mode....blame the welsh in me!)

@ Tsu.....I posted this earlier for Cody and Mrs C.....It's the "lights on but no one's home" that reminds me of you.....nothing else!

@ Foss......brilliant summary sir......
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

go sleep..I'll sing you a song ..

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

Nice song and awesome wolf pics!!!!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks !!

For you !! Night star

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have boating choons people.

Jane, I don't know what you are lolling for, I was being deadly serious!

I'll bet you fifty quid Gordi's already warned his neighbours about us. I'm going to pack a megaphone.

I'm having really bad Firefox issues tonight.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Beautiful....absolutely beautiful, so celtic and medieval...thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Oh!! Thank you so much!! You made my night again lol!! You take care, ok!!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

You're 'buzzing' while I'm winding down....but then I am old enough to be your mother! Forgive me for posting the 'mummy' version......

and seeing as we're all 'loved up' and all sizzling with The Shed Part deux...ignore the male / female part and think of it as my feelings for us Sheddites....

And Britains answer to Shania....fair play.....and totally live......the Sheddite love is "Worth fighting for"

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 23-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I love Kenny and Dolly!

I found that remix years ago, I absolutely love it! Not the best version for this time at night though.

Hehe, this is my soppy Shed song.

More soppy Shed music...

edit on 2352014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

And this one...

edit on 2352014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Scratched, bleeding and torn - both my clothing and my heart, I stumbled blindly through the woods, escaping THEM.

I had wandered into my backyard cathedral of trees, then on a subtle inner urging, I found myself deeper and deeper into its quiet, dark embrace. It was cool and mossy, fragrant with bloom and decay. I came to a trail that crossed my own; a new trail. As I stepped over this crossroads, I felt it; electric and strange, ripping through my cells, startling me with a gasp and, just as suddenly it was gone, leaving me to wonder if it had really happened at all.

At first, nothing seemed to have changed, but then, with an unsettled feeling in my belly, I saw the once beautiful forest had shifted somehow; the woods were still woods, but they were no longer MY woods. These woods seemed weirdly lit, with more of decay than freshness, with oozing fungi and stinking, scum-covered puddles that burbled up sulphurous bubbles, twisted limbs and barren trunks glowered and dripped, while something slithered through the shadows.

It was then I heard the guttural hunting horn bleat out from the gloom.

I heard the slathering and gnashing of creatures too large to be blood hounds.

I felt the trickster laughter on the wind, the glance that bespoke doom and pain and enjoyment therein.

Behind me, my woods were gone; there was no going back.

I could see The Hunters weaving through the trees at the bottom of a long slope, just far enough that I had a chance, and close enough to turn my nerves to fire in fear of death; my heart shuddered and jerked in my breast, my breath grew hard and my senses grew sharp. I had an impression of bone and blood and fur and teeth, of silk and gold and eyes that glimmered like jewels of their own ruby light.

On shrieking horseback They came, frothing and steaming, and I could smell the evil of them. I ran, dodging muck and ooze, fearing the snuffling howl behind me. They were relentless, and the woods developed thickets and the thickets developed thorns... Panicked, I thought I glimpsed a spot of green between blackened hulking trunks and choking vine covered thorns. I reached for it, tearing madly through a wall of spikey brush, as I heard the snapping jaws breaking through the labyrinth of thorns behind me like they were ripping through paper...I felt hot breath on my back that smelled of rotting meat. The deep throated growl turned to a howl of victory, the strange horn blared its queer notes, and terror gave me one last burst of strength...

I crashed through into grasses softer than silk and the sweet scent of roses...

The howl turned to rage...and was swallowed up behind the rose vines that rewove themselves into a barrier the beasts couldn't cross... I was safe, and that thought sank in like the sweet scented breeze and the gentle sound of song birds...my heart slowed and but for the evidence of my flight I would think it all a dream... but where was I?

- AB
edit on 23-5-2014 by AboveBoard because: 'cause fumbling fingers...

edit on 23-5-2014 by AboveBoard because: 'cause grammer matters...right?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Homer walked up to the beach to the docked ships. A couple of Greys were scurrying around the fleet of ships to make sure everything was in working order. He dropped the heavy duffel bag he was carrying and looked backwards to see the other Sheddites coming up the beach, all carrying their posessions, with a managerie of critters following and other Greys carring other luggage for the group. Dawg came alongside Homer as the critters swarmed around them, herded by some very tired Greys.

"Its that time huh brother?" Dawg asked.

Homer looked at the fleet of ships, and took in a deep breath. The smell from the salt water entered his nostrils, carried by the breeze coming off the ocean. Seagulls circled above the masts of the ships, calling out to each other.

The flotilla consisted of a variety of craft, from English caravel, to steampunk airships. He even spied a Viking longboat somewhere. He spied his 2 man recon craft, tied down on one of the ships, a crew of Greys going over it to ensure its workings.

Homer lit a cigarette and took a deep drag. The other Sheddites were ahead of them, laughing and talking amongst themselves. Night turned to Dawg and Homer, and in midlaugh, waved them over. Homer indicated to Jacy that they will join them in a moment. He blew out the bluegrey smoke from his cigarette. He turned to Dawg and nodded.

"Yes, its time. Our duty has just begun to the Shed brother. What we told the Guardian wasnt a false promise. We vowed to protect our friends with our lives. We have sworn the Oath before, we can do it again. Our first mission is to find Jacy,"

Dawg nodded thoughtfully. "Its what us soldiers do, bud. Come on, lets get our kit stowed and get ready for the launch," Dawg picked up his duffel and walked ahead of Homer, then turned his head and smiled at Homer. "I call dibs on the grill,"

Homer picked up his kit, chasing after Dawg.

"Stay away from my grill!!!"

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
True was both befuddled, and feeling rather pleased with himself. He was befuddled because one moment he had been about to swoop into battle alongside his fellow Sheddites, and then all of a sudden he found himself on a bloody great pirate galleon. He was rather pleased with himself however, because by some arcane route, he also found himself wearing a ruff collared, black shirt, rippling baggy pantaloons, turn over topped boots, and a most fantastic tricorn hat made of leather, with silver detailing and stitching festooned upon its edges.

He shrugged into his bolt armour jacket, which was lying on the deck next to him, and took in the strange, yet familiar surroundings he found himself in.

"Well... Those will come in handy for something" he mumbled, catching sight of the phalanx point defence weapons, mounted on the prow, stern, and port and starboard rails.

The deck rocked gently beneath his feet, as he strolled over to the rat lines, and took a firm grip. Climbing swiftly up to the crows nest, he was able to make out other vessels in the near locality. It seemed as if a flotilla had come into being, and a strange set of vessels they were too! Some of them seemed to have airborne capabilities as well as the more traditional capabilities of fair sized ships.

"Perhaps that's where everyone else is?" He mused. Electing to explore the rest of the vessel upon which he found himself, True climbed back to the deck, and headed off toward the captains cabin. Upon reaching it, he lifted the catch on the door, and stepped into the cabin.

Upon the wall was a weapons rack, cutlasses, axes, and large bore pistols with complicated firing mechanisms were in evidence, but the central feature of the rack, was True's bass guitar. "So what, this is my room now?" He chortled. Looking around, the bed spun into view, and the desk on the other side of the room. It was then that he noted the picture mounted between the windows. It featured a galleon, with a skull for a rear quarter... He looked again, and came to realise that indeed, this image was a rendering of the very vessel upon which he was standing!

Moving to the desk, he cast his eye over the charts and items upon it. Sextant, compass, and a shimmering stone, which when held to the light, cast beams across the deck, were all in attendance, as well as a note. It read, "Plug your axe in down below, It might be useful, you never know".

He snatched up his bass and sprinted to the hatch leading to the hold and lower decks, threw aside the hatch, and plunged into the murky depth of the craft. The place was lit by blue flames in glass orbs, and rather than being the gun deck he expected, the area contained only a central column, with a hole in it, and a rope dangling from the side. On instinct, True leant over, picked up the rope, and placed it into the hole at one end, and into his bass on the other. Standing with feet a meter apart, he played a couple of notes, and as he did, a panel dropped from the ceiling of the gun deck, showing all the speakers and their outputs, all the massive speakers which appeared to be stationed in place of cannons in the gun ports.

"Oh... Now that ...THAT is badassery." He exclaimed, just as he heard the thump of boots on the deck above. Disconnecting his instrument from the panel, he clambered up the stairs to the top deck, and grinned massively upon sighting TDawg...

"Hey Dawg! Guess what this plugs into?" He enthused.

" I do NOT want to know!" Exclaimed TDawg, at which both fell about laughing.

"Have you any idea where the others are? Are they on the other craft? " asked True." I don't know how we all wound up right here, but I would like to know if the others are ok."

TDawg replied "Well then, shall we just, you know, go and check?" Looking at True as if he were a fool, which he was.

"Hell yeah! Let's get this awesome sea beast moving!", and with that, they busied themselves finding all the ropes required to make the sails work, and the chain to pull up the anchor. Finally, when everything was set, the galleon moved, slowly at first, and then more quickly toward the nearest vessel...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
*Walks in and hangs his hat on the closest nail*

It feels great to come back to a new shed and see that this place is still alive and living well. Whoever,*cough*Jacy*cough*, came up with the new digs and the new gig was nothing short of genius.
You know as they say though, some of the best company one can have can also be some..... Bad Company.

As for me, I had a pretty busy weekend last week making that Youtube/Google money. It all started off on Friday and the fiasco that was not going on that day. Needless to say that I wound up using half of the space on my video camera's memory stick last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It all started off with this empty oil train coming through town with a Burlington Northern Santa Fe SD70MAC built by the former ElectroMotive Division of General Motors. B.N.S.F. locomotive #9535, in the Grinstein paint named after former Burlington Northern CEO Gerald Grinstein, leads this train west back towards Chicago bound for another load of North Dakota crude oil.

That wasn't the only one like that to show up last Friday. Just about two hours after the oil train had went by and got out of the picture. Another train with another Burlington Northern Santa Fe leader showed up. This time in the form of an empty Detroit Edison coal train heading up to one of the branch lines to load up.

However, it did not stop after those two as I went for a couple of hours waiting for one that I had got an email earlier about that day. It just happened to be that the person who sent out the email was a good friend of mine who had got the call to take the train east. Here he is bringing a rerouted freight train east through town as it heads for Clifton Forge, Virginia.

Here he is a day later, after getting some rest in Clifton Forge, bringing an empty coal train back west.

The last video I have uploaded so far was of a grain train we had come through here yesterday. An eastbound grain train is seen rolling through town heading for Clifton Forge, Virginia. Union Pacific 6768, a General Electric CW44AC, is seen leading an all Union Pacific lash up on something that usually doesn't see anything like this.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Previously.....

"It's Archimedes Screw!" cried Jane. "I know, I know that was to do with water which is tangible compared to wind. But the evil one has found a way to apply it to the etheric realm. You know what this means don't you?"

Gordis scientific mind kicked into overdrive, "Aye lass, we are going to have to cross time and space to find the screw and reverse it."
"Precisely. Are you up for it?" she asked
"Too effing right I am to get our Jacygirl back" he declared with a wicked glint in his eye. "I take it you know how to bend the fabric of time 'cos I dunna have a clue?"
"What do you think Rainbows are for?" she retorted with a grin.

"Right, hang on tight to a rock." and with a sweep of her wand, Jane manifested a beautiful and vibrant rainbow. She quickly darted to the rock Gordi was clinging to, and grabbed hold herself. "For god's sake hang on and don't let go" she cried over the rising noise of wind, "And keep your eyes shut!"

They could feel the wind whipping like a vortex around them, "It's working!" screamed Gordi over the noise. As the wind got stronger, they began to feel themselves being sucked out of the cave. "Bejezus, hang on lass, I think we're in for a bumpy ride!" The noise was pounding their ears. After what seemed like aeons it started to drop, and all of a sudden it stopped. The sand was gone.

"Look" cried Jane pointing to a very large pirates chest. "Quickly now, Jacy's in there!"
They rushed over and tugged at the leather straps that held the chest firmly shut. "Can you hear that?" asked Gordi "It's jacy and.......and......is that Sophie I can hear scrabbling in there too?" They fought the leather straps, and finally got the lid open.

Like a Jack in the box, Jacy popped up, "Well you took your sweet R'sed time to find me" she wailed through tears of relief and joy. They all hugged and laughed.

"Here," said Jane handing Jacy the dragonstone, "Quick now, you have to use it to take us back to the Shed so we can get back into our own time."

They stood in a tight circle, Gordi held Sophie, closed their eyes, and like something from Star Trek, they teleported back to the Shed.

"Into Gordi's van" Jane said.
"Hang on, I need my guitars" said Gordi
"Their already down the harbour, I sent them on ahead." said Jane.
They climbed in, "Buckle up" grinned Gordi as he turned to look at the girls in the back, "That includes you Sophie" he said as he looked at the ferret sat in the passenger seat.
"Oh, OK, if I really must!" she sighed.
There were peals of laughter as Gordi slipped the camper into gear and floored the accelerator.
"Jings it's good to have you back Jacy. Now we can hoist the main sail, weigh anchor, batten down the hatches and all that other sailing stuff. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!" chortled Gordi.
"Don't know about you two, but I sure could do with a nip when we get to the boat." Jacy said.
Jane just sat and smiled to herself....."I just love it when a plan comes together" she mused, looking over her shoulder out the back of the camper at The Shed......"We'll be back......we'll be back I promise" she said to The Shed.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Another brilliant addition. I especially liked the pic at the end.
It seems that the new thread is off and running, and speaking of off and running, I must depart as well. Off to work I go, which for some odd reason these days I consider it playing.

No flailing about with the chainsaw this time around though, this one is going to take some finesse. I wonder if I still got it.

Where's the logout icon? Ah...there it is! ATS is still mixing things up, to keep us guessing, I guess?

See y'all Sunday!
edit on 24-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
I've probably missed you by now Dawg.....but have a great day.
It's a miserable Bank Holiday over here
. Been waiting for the rain to ease off so I could take a bike ride to get bits of shopping in. Looks like I'll have to give in and take the car....Grrrrrrr.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Hi Jane,
Wish I could send you some of our sunshine...I'm sure not feeling good enough to be out enjoying it.

Feeling sorry for myself today.
One of my twin girls lives far away...her sister lives in town here. Both girls (and their partners) are together in town for a stag & doe party tonight for friends getting married in August. I'm supposed to go tonight...doesn't look good for me right now.
I'm sitting here alone...feeling crummy.
My girls want me to go over to my daughter's place for coffee. For some reason, they don't come and see me when I'm sick. I've missed out on so many get-togethers, due to migraines...yet no one will come and make me a tea, and visit a little while. They want the 'old' mom, who could run around with them.

I'm sorry for complaining, but they are literally less than 5 minutes away from me right now, and it might as well be a thousand miles. This life is starting to feel like a punishment....I must have been some bad-ass bitch in a previous life.
jacy

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy...

Give them a call, tell them how it makes you feel when they won't travel five minutes down the road, and explain to them that you need them to make that effort.

Give them an unequivocal opportunity to do right by you.

With regard to your constant migraine headaches, first, do not spend more than half an hour at a time staring at a computer, for a week, and see if it makes any difference. Also, you might need to insist that your doctor refer you for some more in dept examination, perhaps some sort of brain scan, because headaches this frequent are never a sign of anything good.

Finally, we all love you, and I hope it helps.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Oi woman! I understand your maudlin, but you're made of sterner stuff!
I'm going to be moving closer to my girls....the 5-10 minute thing, but I am under no illusion for one minute that they are going to be calling round too often. I already have a cunning plan to make sure I wont be around on the odd occasion they'll call, simply so they can see I have a life of my own....'cos I am all growed up after all!

Also....next step will be grand children, and I don't want...
1. for me to suddenly become 'useful' for babysitting and make me resent that if they haven't been calling over as much as perhaps I would like.
2. We'll always be mothers, so I'll be going into 'training' so they know I wont be there at their beck and call every single time. Because one day I wont be anyhow.

Having said all that....I always go running when they need moving house or fetching back home when they've had a break up.

Here....have a 'posh' cuppa...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thank you True and Jane...for 2 very different (thoughtful) responses.

I was never 'sickly' when the kids were growing up...and they haven't seen much of me since the migraines started coming frequently. They just don't understand. They still want the 'fun mom'.

I've studied a lot about migraines, and apparently there are SO many people suffering, and so many doctors that can't seem to figure out the causes. My own doctor doesn't know much about them at all, and isn't concerned. (she would be if was happening to her, though).

I should limit my computer time...but I love you guys, and being here with you makes me feel better in my heart.
Thanks for caring...no more maudlin (hehe)....just gonna drink my posh tea, and carry on!
jacy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join