It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 294
<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Needs two threads.

The Shed 3 The chit chat continues.
The Shed 3 The story continues.

As it is, it is just impossible.

As for the story, have everyone get themselves to the inn and start from there.

My 2c worth.

P

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Don't think we would be allowed just a chit chat thread as was shown with Swanne's thread.
Also....the mix of the two has worked perfectly well for nigh on 600 pages.....we have a lot of followers that like the mix, but don't actually post as many of the long time posters here can attest to.

Just my 2p worth,

Jane
edit on 27-12-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It has been done before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will ask a mod.

Give me a sec.

Question asked. It has not worked well in my opinion. The story is basically lost unless someone has the time to go through hundreds of pages and that is a shame.

I know it was being kept seperate but the story was lost due to a hard drive crash.

P

edit on 27/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

With all due respect Phoenix....it is the mix of the two that is appealing to this thread and its followers.
We were given special 'dispensation' if you will by the mods to have this thread in this format as it does not come under the writers section.
I think you will upset a great many people if you interfere with the format of this thread as has been set out, by going off of your own accord to discuss it with a moderator.

Again my 2p worth......but backed up with several other folks 2p's too I suspect. Not only that, please show some respect to the threads author.....of both The Shed threads.....hmmmmmm.....

Jane

PS

Question asked. It has not worked well in my opinion. The story is basically lost unless someone has the time to go through hundreds of pages and that is a shame.

That is your opinion which you are undoubtedly entitled to. However, as I said, it is an ongoing thread and that is the uniqueness of it....constantly evolving with and by those who wish to take part.
edit on 27-12-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Pheonix, the thing with the collaborative works as Syx pointed out to me, is that it is for those with writers status only. In here we don't care if anyone has writers status or not.

I think I have to agree with Jane, as I know that generally they don't care for just chit chat threads. I know it is confusing and apologize to new folks who are finding their way to us.

So perhaps The Shed 3 for a thread and we continue as we always have? I know we have people who are following us but not posting and they really enjoy it.

Shall it be The Shed 3 or The Shed 3 The Saga Continues, or Rainbow Warriors or something else????

We need to decide and move by the new year as our pages are filling up fast!!!!

It has indeed been quite successful and I have enjoyed the mix of story time and chit chat with good friends. Newbies are always welcome with open arms of course.

So Jane, will you be starting the new thread? We could leave a link at the end of this thread and begin the new thread by the new year.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well I am terribly sorry ladies for upsetting the apple cart but I may point out that several pages back the same topic was discussed and some asked for two threads. It was not resolved.

Perhaps go back and have a look.

I am happy to go along with what everyone wants, but I seriously don't see the point in a story that is immersed in many hundreds of pages of general chit chat.

Asking a mod if it is OK to do something should not be a problem for anyone. It is exploring options.

P

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well hell! All this talk about various differentiating Shed threads has lured me back. I know that Jacy and Gordi have offered to give their time and energy to compile the story. Obviously, real life has interfered with their self assigned task.

I, however, am retired and can devote a couple of hours a day to do so, though I would like to see others input as to the editing process. I will communicate with Jacy and Gordi to get their input.

I have exited the story for now, as have others...but the story continues nonetheless.

I don't wish to violate T&C's, but over the long run, the Shed has taught me a lot about writing out of my comfort zone and for that I thank everyone.

So, with every ones permission, I will start doing so. Jacy, Night, Jane...you know where to find me.

It's gonna be one hell of a big file!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Well I am terribly sorry ladies for upsetting the apple cart but I may point out that several pages back the same topic was discussed and some asked for two threads. It was not resolved.

Perhaps go back and have a look.

I am happy to go along with what everyone wants, but I seriously don't see the point in a story that is immersed in many hundreds of pages of general chit chat.

Asking a mod if it is OK to do something should not be a problem for anyone. It is exploring options.

P

Yes Pheonix, I remember having two pages being discussed. I did wonder though if the mods would allow it as they normally don't care to have chit chat threads. I know it's crazy to have the story lost between many pages of chit chat. I guess we all got used to it and became such good friends, we couldn't help but to share our every day lives in between story lines. With great relief the mods never shut us down and it did become quite a hit on the site. We were even mentioned on the radio show and Jacy got to explain how it all came about.

In all honesty, I'm not sure how to proceed. To begin a brand new thread with a great number of pages to the story may be too cumbersome for new people to want to bother with. Others may enjoy it that way. We have had at least 3 people offer to get the story together now. The thing is...even if we begin with the entire story which would be wonderful, it will end up lost between pages again with our chit chat. LOL

So we need to know
WHO will begin the New Year thread
WHAT the thread will be called
WILL the new thread begin with the story all together as it is and then continue on with chit chat and story again and
WHO will put the story all together.

I know Jacy is having a hard time now and Syx offered but he seems to have gone flit poof and now Dawg. I know Gordi is busy with two bands and home life. I myself don't want to take on finding all the story and putting it all together. LOL

I know this is confusing but we have to make solid decisions soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't know if I made any sense in my post above. My brain is foggy at the moment. I'll just be glad when this is all behind us and we get the new thread up so we can just carry on. LOL

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, we are in the general chit chat area. Will they allow many pages of our story without the chit chat in the beginning of the new thread?
edit on 27-12-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hmmm, we are in the general chit chat area. Will they allow many pages of our story without the chit chat in the beginning of the new thread?

The collaborative portion will have to pass muster with the Mods and Admin. Obviously the Shed has survived this long. I think there is a story here with people coming and going. The adventure continues in between the Chit-Chat.

Obviously also, some of the separate story lines would have to be omitted or changed to further the story in it's entirety.

With every bodies help, I think it can be done.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Well find out what they think and if they allow all the pages of just the story up until our latest posts, feel free to throw it all together and start the new thread for us.

What happened to Syx? I have no one to write with right now.

Gonna be a big battle coming up, maybe that will get some of you gentlemen to jump in. LOL

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Foot long stick bug! Did anybody see this thing?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Sorry Night. I have written myself outta the story line a bit back. So i can't help ya there.

I have written the Admin before of coming up with a yearly story/Book that can be published and all proceeds go to charity after a ATS member poll decides who is deserving.

Tax write offs for the LLC, and authors cred for others. I think it's a win-win.

But I have heard nothing but crickets.

Just another reason why the ATS owners piss me off.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

No excuse, you can come up with a new character or creature. LOL
So did you ask a mod about our story/chit chat here and how to proceed to our new thread? I'll pop in later to check in here.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hello everyone! I am up uncharacteristically early for a Sunday morning... Like twenty past four in the morning early!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Hello everyone! I am up uncharacteristically early for a Sunday morning... Like twenty past four in the morning early!

That's a norm for me. I can go to bed at 9pm (2100) or midnite and still always wake up around 3:30 am or thereabouts. Don't even havta pee. I just wake up. Thankfully, I can always get right back to sawing logs.

And speaking of which...it's damn near midnite here...I think I have a forest to clear.
edit on 27-12-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Normally speaking I would do just that, especially on a Sunday. But I went for a nap last night at about six in the evening, and must have slept right through! Hehe! I am all slept out, done napping!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Normally speaking I would do just that, especially on a Sunday. But I went for a nap last night at about six in the evening, and must have slept right through! Hehe! I am all slept out, done napping!

Ah! The post-Christmas coma! It usually lasts for a day or two.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yes!

Well, yesterday was my first day back at work since the rum hit my system in gargantuan quantities!

new topics

top topics

<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join