It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
a reply to: pheonix358

Hahaha! Oh boy, it's a long story. We were out on a journey of treasure hunting and some remained in a cave where the treasure and a mighty dragon are. We are trying to get everyone up to the Castle Inn. Hmmm....if you read some entries on page 268, 271, 272, 284 and 285...that is where our new adventure begins. Syx may be able to sum it up better for you. Our original story started in a valentines thread then the shed then shed two. I know, it is awfully confusing.
Perhaps your character can enter the Inn to rest for a number of days because you are weary of traveling in so much snow and then meet us and we can all journey on from there to explore and discover new and wondrous things together. Up to you how you want to enter and what you wish to do.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
a reply to: Night Star

The writing of words allows one to deliver a thought in its whole and entire form, as long as one has read enough of them to know their meaning, and the many ways in which they can be used. That is what I love about the English language. It has so much potential, so much nuance. I would not say that it is the best language, because that would be idiotic, since I have only spoken two others in my lifetime.

However, writing responses here on ATS in the manner to which I am accustomed, comes from two main driving forces. First, is that there is a focus toward manners and decorum here, which means that I may not curse, even when I really want to. That in and of itself, forces me toward the more formal end of my internal thesaurus. The second is that my childhood was spent reading the Bible, and many other books full of archaisms, and period specific sentence structure and word usage.

An example of note would be the works of Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle. The Sherlock Holmes character he created, and the stories he wrote were full of interesting phrases, and lead me to appreciate the way language was used in times long past. I would wager, had I any coin to spare, that anyone with my reading history would find themselves possessing a verbosity of a similar magnitude to my own, assuming of course that they enjoyed their reading as much as I did!

With regard to my son, I honestly cannot fathom how I lived at all before I knew him. On that subject, I honestly know not what else to say!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
You are awesome true and going to be an awesome Dad to Ashley. He will be so proud to be your son.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:00 PM

*massive grin*

I am absolutely drained. Between giving Ashley his gift earlier on, and helping mother prepare for the food related part of the festivities to come in the next 48 hours, not to mention chatting on here, I am utterly flummoxed, and am DEFINITELY going to bed this time!

It's about four in the morning, so I have not done too badly! Good night to you, and may all of us Sheddites get the peace and harmony we all deserve over the coming days!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
Good night dear friend! Sweet dreams!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:53 PM
"Storm, we must land now. It's freezing up here!" She shivered and pulled her cloak tighter around her slender neck with one hand. Storm traveled as quickly as he could to get back to the Inn. He fought his way against the current, but finally landed with ease.
"Where do I find you when I want to see you Storm?"
The magnificent creature looked down at her and grinned widely.
"I shall find you dear one. We should be able to communicate telepathically. You can call for me anytime."
"I don't want to say goodbye so soon, but it's so cold. I am happy just knowing that you are now a part of my life and that we will have many memories to make and share."
The dragon bowed his head. "I am honored and so very pleased. Words cannot even express what my heart wishes to convey. Be safe dear one until we meet again."
Night wanted to cry she was so happy. "And you as well my beautiful Storm."

The great double doors of the Castle Inn opened to a hall full of people gathering together in conversation and laughter.
Night spent hours exploring various rooms and came upon the great library. There, she discovered a secret passageway.
"I knew it, I knew I'd find one sooner or later!" She thought for a moment if she should go off alone or maybe wait for her friends. It was a difficult decision, but she decided she would wait and share her discovery with her companions. In the meantime she pulled a journal off a shelf.
"This looks interesting" she said to herself. It was a leather bound journal and very old by the looks of it. After finding a comfortable chair, she unwrapped the leather ties and opened the journal to the first page.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:08 PM
In the solitude Night peeks around and sees everyone is deep in slumber. Goodnight my sheddites, may you sleep well and dream wonderful dreams.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:54 AM
A message from TDawg to us all here at The Shed....

Please give everyone my best wishes for this Holiday season and I hope that the New Year brings happiness to all.

.............and Rainbow blessings to you all from me too....have a good one guys and gals....

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:56 AM
a reply to: angelchemuel

Good Morning Jane.

Thank You Jane for relaying that message from Dawg to Us!!!
Doug, May You as Well Be Wished a Holiday Season with Contentment!!!
I wish For You also, a Positive New Year Bud!!!!!!
edit on 24-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:57 AM
Good morning To The Rest of The Shed also!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:01 AM

Nice Entry Night!!! Storm will be great company in the skies in episodes to come!!

Phoenix, I agree that finding the Inn and meeting Us there,
would probably work out easiest to enter into the story!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
Syx returned to The Inn early in the morning just as a lot of the Guests were waking to start their day. He landed outside, dug out His satchel, dressed Himself and went indoors to find the nearest fireplace. It was absolutely freezing outside! "Why didn't I think to hide that bag under something? It isn't like it wasn't snowing when I left!" He chastised Himself. "One too many crash landings most likely!" He chuckled.

Upon entry to the Inn, he was amazed at all the activity in the main Banquet Hall. Dozens more had arrived overnight. He thought that many still had not risen for a new day yet and that would raise the tally to even more Visitors!

He inquired as to the whereabouts of His mate and was told that CCBears was up in a room only a moderate walk away. He was on His way there when He was bumped into by an AntEater looking creature wearing very extravagant attire, who was not paying any attention at all as to it's surroundings. It didn't even apologize for the affront and continued on it's way towards the Large Table in the middle of the room. It was accompanied by two others of a more Human appearance. Royalty most likely He assumed. Typically Rude in His findings over the years.

He soon found the room that CC occupied for the evening and went to it to lie down for a short nap. The room was very large and the trappings luxurious. He lay down next to CC and settled in for a longer than planned nap......

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:49 AM
a reply to: SyxPak

*yawn* Good Morning Family!!

Ooh, I SO enjoyed reading more story!!
Such good stuff. I'm all alone back at the Shed right now, so somehow I need to find my magic and get myself to that inn!

In real life, *sigh*'s pouring rain here. A green Christmas. I don't mind, but my back is reacting to the damp weather, so I'm kinda hunched over...

I hope all the family members who are AWOL are doing are ALL missed, and always loved!!

Will be here for a little while this morning.
Coffee....where's the coffee?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
The hunter had arisen early as was his norm. He was sitting at a table to the side of the main door. He was old, well past his prime and at the stage, where wisdom easily made up for his lack of youth. His back to the wall as was his want, feasting on a quite lavish breakfast.

The door opened. The hunter became instantly on guard. There was no hand on the knob. Power then! Magic. A pure white wolf entered, nay, not wolf, too big, way too big with protruding canine teeth.. Damn thing could sit and look him in the eye. Dire Wolf?

The wolf moved to a small table. The chair moved away of its own accord and the great beastie sat and waited. The hunter continued his surveillance. Powerful shoulders with matching hind quarters. He caught just a glimpse of blue glowing eyes. Not Dire Wolf then. What is it?

Strong legs and .... the feet. The hunter's heart decided to beat a little faster. He controlled his fear reaction. Where the claws should be, were just slits. Retractable claws. Only one creature had all these attributes. Only one.

A Wolf Lord and one that used Power. Creatures of legend. The hunter went through what he knew of these creatures understanding that what he knew was only from study and legend.

Huge and deadly. Intelligent and friendly. They could not be hunted, they left no tracks and their fur changed color at will. This one was white because outside was covered in snow. If legend were true, they could fade to invisible. Their claws could rip a person apart. Fire claws they had, blue flame to split armor, mail, shield and sword.

One bite was death. They preferred the hunt, to come from behind and with a quite petite bite, too rip the spinal column from the base of the skull. Instant death!

With no instructions, a serving man placed a huge tray of raw steak in front of the Wolf Lord. The Lord nodded his thanks. He lifted his front paws. From his left paw, two 135mm claws slid out. From his right paw, a single claw slid out. It burst into blue flame.

Elegantly and neatly the Wold Lord ate. It seems he preferred his built in cutlery. The Wolf Lord turned his head looking straight at the hunter. Via telepathy he sent, "You are wise little hunter. You know much about my species." He chuckled then adding, "But not all, not by a long shot. I am a Wolf Lord, one of the few that remain on this world. I am also a Mage, a Grand Mage at that. Good morning friend. A word to the wise if I may. Never call me a beastie again, it would be your last thought."

The Wolf Lord returned to his meal. He looked at his now empty plate. He suppressed his natural urge to lick the plate clean, but among these other guests it would be impolite. Still, the urge was there. He sat and waited for the bowl of milk that he knew was just leaving the kitchen.

edit on 24/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
a reply to: jacygirl, a reply to: SyxPak, a reply to: Night Star

I got a few minutes so I just wanted to say,

Merry Christmas to you all!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
Awrighty troops?

Hey Ice, welcome aboard! Pull up a pew, kick off yer shoes, grab a mug of what soothes ye, and squeeze in at the fire.

I need to catch up on the story additions to find out where we're all at, but they're lookin awfy good so far.

LOL @ Jane - The Rainbows Room song from the Valentines thread!!! I'd almost forgotten about that!!! (blush)

I Am happy as a pig in the proverbial for my pal True and his reunion going so well. (& Cody's too!)
I've not been quite so lucky in that dept. unfortunately but heyho, such is life, and my two younguns who do want to know me are quite a handful as they are, what with Christmas coming so fast.

Lovely to see new faces popping in the Shed, did I say hi to Swanne?? HI!! LOL
AND Last but not least.... Our Jacy is safe and well! Welcome home.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM

Wishing you all a WONDERFUL Holiday Season
& A VERY Happy New Year!!!

Blessings & Peace,

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

Good Mornin' to You Jacy! Still hangin' around here? I was on like real real early, for me. Woke hurtin could NOT get back to sleep so was like, Oky doky, Shed time! LOL!!!
Havin' coffee again.
~ Clink ~

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:36 AM

Merry Christmas!

*sigh* Nooo...that's not Sophie either....little brat is too fast for me!

But, we just want to wish ALL of our Shed-dwellers a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

I love you all.
jacy xoxoxo

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

I Love This Phoenix!!! Good Morning to You as well!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>