It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 284
<< 281  282  283    285  286  287 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Man I do apologize. Your reply was lost to me in my morning waking ritual frenzy!! Sorry That!
Yep! Wait too long a pay the price, I s'pose. Such is the way of Our Put it off life, eh?! LOL!!!
Oh Yah that reminds Me. I was going to join the procrastinators Club, like years ago, but keep figurin' I'll do it tomorrow......

edit on 23-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I want one even worse than She does Jacy!!! I have for years! But I would not probably be able to afford to keep one.
Unless I owned like 40 acres of timberland!!! Yah, That's the Ticket!!! LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's getting Closer!! The Young Ones are getting Restless!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi All!
Popping in for a short time, lol.

I just received a lovely u2u message from a member, IceHappy! He has started reading The Shed, and I have urged him to visit the thread and join us. I know that whoever is here will offer a warm welcome!

*clicks heels together*
"There's no place like home..."

jacy

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hi Jacy! But Bye for now. Going to do some important stuff here. Shouldn't take very long.

I say an Early Hello And Welcome to IceHappy, if He pops in while I am out!!!

Back shortly.
Oh Jacy, I just started working on another installment for The Story!!! Back soon All!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

lol...okay, good!
Hi and bye!
See you later on.

jacy

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

OK, it's later on cause IIIIImmmmmm Baaaaaack!!! LOL!!!!!
Anyone miss Me?! Hmm?
Oh there's snow comin' down heavy, in Our Story, and I am going back to Eminences Lair to see about the rest who didn't venture out of there yet.
At least I think they are there!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

ahhhh a thread I can "STAR" wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

on page 28 and only here cuse of Jane's latest thank you thread so blame her.... she laid a path that even a Dawg can follow even if she magiced it to yellow brick road LOL.....

I hate coming in a story half way through so I need to get back to part 1 page 28 as I have so many pages to catch up on....

May I also say this is the first reading for pleasure I have done in decades.... Yes avid lurker of ATS but that has been to keep abreast of pending doom..... and current events.... so I am very excited to have something to fill my time with as downloads with many trips in between to ATS to see no knew posts from the last check in LOL.... beginning to think I now need an Ipad... albeit hacker friends calling me a turn coat that Surface Pro is what I truly need. hmmmm email reader not a tool was what I was looking for hmmmmmmm now the iPad Air 2 looks cheap before expensive.....

BTW Love what you have done with the shed!!!!! Thanks all who have contributed and to the "us" lurkers for which hopefully spurs the writers on with more pages.... and yes I would buy the book as long as everyone signs it at the book reading event.... worthy of TSA feel ups and air fare costs.....

Thank you Syx for the welcome....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

Oh yay!! You're here!!

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're really thrilled that you're enjoying the story! We've been having so much fun writing it, and it's awful when 'real life' takes us away from the keyboard.

Get yourself a drink, settle in cozy....and be prepared for lots of shenanigans, hehe.

Now that you've made that first reply here, don't be a stranger...and don't be shy!!

Syx...always happy to see you! (Now go write some more story!!)

*jacy starts singing, "We are family....la la la la...I got all my family and me...."*

jacy

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You are quite Welcome!! Happy to see You here joining Us!! I'm here but writing......

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I will be disappearing shortly, gotta take dinner to mama-in-law.
Hope to be back later, but if not....tomorrow morning, early....for coffee.

jacy

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So as the evening wore on, Syx couldn't help but feel something was not right. He sensed something happening with the others who had been left behind in Eminence's Lair.
He gave CC a Kiss, excused Himself and told them He would return as soon as He could. He told them He was going back,
to look in on His friends......

Since it was not very far from the Inn, this trip should not take long Syx thought to Himself.
Upon walking out the front of the huge old Inn, He noticed the snow was now coming down very heavy!
"I do hope it is not snowing where the others are." He thought. "If so, the opening to the Under ground Lair may be filled in with snow! It will take them a fair amount of time to dig out of that mess!"

He walked around to the side of the Inn, stripped, packed His clothes into a Satchel He left on the ground there, and walked away from the building.

He shape-shifted into His Dragon form and took to the sky of the Snow Driven Wintery night. He was only minutes into His
Flight when He saw some glowing beneath the thick layer of falling snow beneath. It looked like torch light! There were several of them burning below, traveling towards the area He was heading. The Lair!!! I hope they are friendlies moving towards My friends!

Syx dove down closer to tree top height and can now see that these 'people' do not look friendly, unless they are a hunting party with their long spears ,and wicked looking Axes, they must be up to no good! "Perhaps I shall see unto the intentions of their traveling?" He Thinks.

Syx flies ahead of the walking party, lands and stands ready for what may come. He stands on all fours looking towards the oncoming group of travelers. They soon near Him enough to stop in their tracks. They spread out and some can be seen with crude looking Bows moving around the sides of Syx to flank Him.

"STOP ALL THERE!!!" Syx cries Out in Mind Thought! "I wish You no harm, but will defend Myself to the End of YOU if necessary!"
They all stopped. Except for the flankers. Syx Takes a deep breath and bellows Fire towards both sides of Himself in a firey Death Stream! "I fool You NOT!!!" He cried out. This stopped them too dead in their tracks!

From this close to the strangers He can see them in much better detail.
These Guys are one mean looking bunch! They are tusk mouthed, long shaggy haired, Bi-Pedal beasts who look like they could snap the average man in half! Very muscular, and wearing only loose fitting rags of garments. Leather? aprons are around their waists. They are covered in brown fur. "No wonder they have nearly nothing on in this weather." Syx thinks to Himself. He also sees the large clawed feet they walk upon......

(Continuing but want to drop this in now.) (Cue Tense ominous music!......)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ok Jacy. Later I will see You hopefully, if not see Ya, prob, in the morn for coffee and story bits! Travel Safe!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
(Continued)
Something hit Syx in the left side. He looked to see an arrow bounce harmlessly off into the snow nearby. He Took a deep breath and bellowed A Fire Stream towards the direction that arrow came from. It hit a nearby Beast, and it burst into Flames!

Syx Sent His thoughts outward to the group, "I wish not to take any lives and gave fair warning, twice!! What goes with your fellow traveler?"

"He is nothing. We all pledge for death doing what must be." The apparent leader sent in Mind thought back to Syx. "As well, He was very dumb not to have heeded Your warnings. We seek no foul. Hunting for our food to feed us and the others. He had no Young or Mate. No loss."

Syx replied, "Where I am from All lost lives are a Tragic loss! If I were to die in protecting My friends, so be it and that will be sad for them, but Not Me! I will do whatever it takes, at any cost for their preservation! I am now on a short journey to see of the welfare to some Who have been separated of Our Group and You were travelling in a direction that may have You find their whereabouts."

Hoping He didn't say too much, as He sometimes does, Syx watched the furrowed Brows of the Leader. "I am Yarr, leader of My Clan. Go about Your way Dragon. If we do happen upon Your friends, we will not interfere. Let us be on our way as fair trade."

Syx replied, "I sorrow For the loss of one of Your Clan. Be off You, and Good Hunting."

"Think No more on His loss. If You may need service in time ahead, we shall render You our help Fair Dragon." Yarr responded. "We camp not far from the Inn. Towards the far mountains, only but half a Fire in the air lighted time beyond here."

"Thanks be to You Yarr." Syx responded.

"As well to You."......

Syx watched as the group then changed directions somewhat and walked off through the gathering snow. They left their dead lay where He was not glancing back in His direction at all.

Thinking to Himself Syx thought, "One can really not judge a book by it's cover!"

He took flight once again and was fast approaching the last place He saw the rest of the group......

Now overhead of the campsite, He sees the fire has been put out by the heavily falling snow. Landing nearby He approaches the opening that leads below ground, to the Lair Of Eminence. It is filled with snow!

"Stand back if any are near this entrance! I shall Flame the Snow releasing You from it's cover!!" Syx Sent in Mind Thought.

He released a fire stream like no other to free His Friends from their entrapment. The snow was soon melted and He could see His friends gathered below.

"Umm, We were digging out Syx, but Thank You!!! This has saved us a lot of time and labor."

"No problem You guys! It is good to see You all again! There have been some great changes in Our findings on this island!" Syx exclaimed.

They all gathered around and Syx told them all of the new discoveries. He gave them all direction to find the Inn, and bid farewell.

As He was leaving he heard, "We should be along shortly Syx. If we We miss You at the Inn, Please leave direction that We May find You All again!"

Syx hollered back, "I would do it no other way My Friends!"

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Been re-reading The Shed...Part 1...found this and just thought I would post it again to just remind us all how far we have come........roll on 2015!

Jane

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hello IceHappy!

Welcome to the madness that is the Shed! I have not been contributing to the story much of late, because there are some life things happening with me that have rather thrown a spanner in my creative works. They are good things, but none the less, my writing is on the back burner until things normalise. However, I still poke my head in from time to time to stay connected to the family we have built here

You will come to realise as you read the thread, that there is more going on here than collaborative story telling

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks TrueBrit for the warm welcome and tot of rum
I have read and starred you many times as I R a lurker more than a writer and on ATS many times daily.... A day without a glance into ATS is like a British day lol that is a day without sunshine, so says a Californian native transplanted several generations ago to Devon.... still not used to rain....

I have been side tracked to Valentine thread to see where this story was inspired from.... Lovely bit of writing from everyone involved.....

I hope your spanner in the works is a young lady that could not resist your charming ways even though your tie lacks the necessary colours to match Rainbow land LOL.... BTW that right arm of yours must be very exercised by now, I too want an neverending glass.... The rum I drank or rather inhaled whilst in the 82nd was Barcardi 151 the label almost matched your tie...

@ Jane thanks for re-sharing that catchy toe tapping song.... I just heard it before coming here a moment ago..... That track needs to be in the book.... remember the plastic record that came in printed media in days gone past one had to remove it and would only get two plays before the needle er ah stylus broke on through to the other side.... Perhaps in the modern world a thumb drive alone with the book in PDF.... in a hollowed out back cover next to the words about the author....

Side track on relative threads and only on page 35 in The Shed.... Cover me I'm charging back in.....

ATS is the best on the web and so pleased to still be a part of US even though I do not write much, also grateful not shown the banned door yet LOL.... that would be a very sad day indeed.... mean while I am heading back to that yellow brick road that was laid out for the ogre hunting ogre Dawg....

edit on 12/23/2014 by IceHappy because: Grammar of course, not all of us can be wonderful writers....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

As it happens, my spanner in the works has been a mixture of things, including, but not limited to, a colleague (and family friend) having a stroke from which he is recovering well, meeting my son for the first time four weeks or more ago after ten years, or as near or makes no difference (which is literally the best thing that has ever happened to me), and a bout of gum ache specifically focused around my wisdom tooth on the bottom jaw on the right hand side.

There is more going on than that, but suffice to say, my mind has been taxed to a greater degree than normal by affairs in my personal life, hence the lack of productivity!

Regarding Rum, I do love an eight year matured Bacardi Gold. I like it both with a mixer, and indeed neat over ice, although I do not often get hold of a bottle. I got one for Christmas, last year I think, and the person who got it for me had to go to a place in London, called the Whiskey Exchange in order to purchase it!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

IceHappy WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased to have a new member of the Shed!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hi Guys and Gals! HowzYaz doin?! (Darn Dragon Slang anyway, eh?) LOL!

top topics

<< 281  282  283    285  286  287 >>

join