It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Dawg......it's a voluntary contribution. No reason to leave. But what I don't get is why you feel insulted? What I personally feel is that they could start the contribution at say $2. Also, I am a Brit, and for me personally as much as I have started threads to encourage more Brit participation as have many others, it can still feel that we are flotsam bobbing around in the Atlantic......but hey ho.

Sleep on it my friend.....

Jane

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hey all...I guess I should clarify how I am feeling at the moment. I don't mind seeing ATS ask for contributions as it is a business after all. What hit me was that they gave names to contribution levels. To me, that seems like it will give people who contribute privileges over others who can't afford it. I donate what I can to organizations I support but always do so anonymously. I don't expect a title, blanket or coffee cup, etc.

The ads are driving me nuts as well as they are now popping up all the time and often auto-playing or whatever else I'm listening to. I would run adblocker, but that is against T&C's and it is their site, so it's only fair to follow their rules. It was the T&C's that actually got me to join in the first place.

Maybe I just need a break for a bit.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I agree that the monikers are not needed for contributers. It does put an unnecessary title to be used against, I am sure some will do that, people who can't afford a very high donation. I'm sure when it was originally thought up that 'they' thought it would be cool to have the divisions. Clearly they didn't think very deeply. Did You send a post to the management on this? I would Doug, since it clearly bothers You this much.... Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Good Morning Vietnam!!!! Oh wait, wrong page.

Ahem, Good Morning Shed!! I Hope today will bring smiles and some Good to You All!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Very Nice entry Night!!! I Love it!!! Great job!!!
Syx.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Syx was confused at first as to the turn of events in The Lair of Eminence the Mighty Purple Dragon. NightStar decided to take a leave of the goings on in that Lair and headed down the Hall. Syx could not even speak to give a proper send off for His friend.

CC looked at Syx and said, "Syx, would You like to get out of this damp dark place for a bit of fresh air? I don't mind the cold, but the air is stifling down here and I am feeling a bit claustrophobic right now."

"Sure CC Hunny, I wouldn't mind some fresh air! That does sound like a good idea. Anyone else want to go out side for a while?"

The others decided to stay underground and look around some more. Saying farewell for now, Syx and CC leave to walk the long hall back to the stairs that lead up through the open hatch.

Once above ground they looked around for NightStar. They did not see Her or Wolf anywhere.

"Maybe we will see them from the air Syx." CC said.

"You are probably right CC. Let's take a flight. It is such a beautiful night! Full Moon, clear skies, calm winds. Perfect for flying!!" Syx replied.

Syx shape shifted into His Dragon form and CC climbed on His back and settled in.

"You ready CC?"
"Yep! Let's go!!"

Syx began a waddled stride as He picked up enough speed to get off the ground. He flapped his long wings downward a few times and left the ground. CC was giggling as they took to the night sky.

"What are You chuckling about back there CC?"

"The way You walk is funny dear. But You make fun of my gait as well, so we are even I guess!" She chuckled.

"Very Funny Woman! You wait, I'll have one on You soon enough!" Syx laughed back at CC.

They rose above the forest on the island and could see for miles in the clear night air. So refreshing it felt to the two of them and they were soon lost to the moon lit sky.

Where the trees thinned, they thought they saw NightStar and Wolf, and a small creature walking through the woods. Taking a downward angle they soon saw that it was indeed Their friends and a small Purple? companion.

"Syx do You see that down there?"
"Yes Cc I do. I see Night and Wolf and another walking. I also see some movement in the brush close by them! We had better warn them of our find!!"

Flying closer to the treetops now, Syx and Cc can see what appear to be alligators? walking through the brush. No They are not Gators but, Tree limbs with legs??! Yes that is what they are looking at!!

"What the devil are these CC?"
"I don't know Syx but maybe we should get down there and warn Night of them approaching?"

Syx finds a small clearing for them toland in and circles as He back flaps and begins to slow down. They land successfully and Cc climbs down to the ground. Syx Shifts back into His Human form and gets His garments on that were in a satchel on His back. They walk towards NightStar, Wolf and their small friend.

One of the tree limbed creatures crossed their path just ahead and Syx called out to it.

"Who goes there?! Stop!!"

The creature merely looked at them and continued onwards. Syx ran up to it and was amazed at the sight! He jumped into the path of the long branch creature. It had eight legs and eye stalks and a wide mouth all covered in tree bark.

"Are You wanting to speak to Me, or may I be on My way." It spoke.

"Forgive Me for looking so startled but I am at a loss for what I am seeing?!" Syx replied.

"I do not take offense. It happens all the time anymore. You creatures are a curious bunch. Over time I have seen many of You on My island. Human You are called I take it? I am Stick. One of many here that seek only to live our long lives in peace." Stick said to the bewildered CC and Syx.

"Y,Y,Yes I am Human, and this is My wife CCBears. She is a Polar Bear." Syx stammered a reply.

"Thank You for clarifying what that large white animal is called. We have not seen Her kind here before." Stick casually mentioned. "Now if You don't mind, I will be off. Until next We meet, good night." And the creature slowly walked away.

"NightStar can You Hear Me?!" Syx called out into the calm night.

"Over here Syx!!" Night returned.

Syx and CC walked towards the call of their Friend. Upon arrival and meeting Wanderer, Syx recalled the conversation He and Cc had with the stick creature. Night was clearly amazed at the encounter He and CC had. They soon walked together into the night forest......

edit on 18-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Well done my friend, well done!!!! That was awesome!!!!! Anyone wishing to join in, please do so.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi Everyone!! *waving frantically*

I got sucked back into real life again. (driving a friend back & forth to the hospital)

So nice to so see you all....sorry that some of you are sick, in pain...or upset....(Dawg? Don't go....I can't afford to contribute at all, but I don't feel bad about it. I joined a 'free' site. I'm sure there are plenty of well-off members who can donate, and I've given much in my life...so I'm fine with that.)

Also happy to see some of you writing and being creative! Yay!!

I have managed to get presents for my grandkids...and I'm seeing them all this Saturday! We can rarely all get together, so this is exciting for me. It will make up for past years when I was sometimes alone...I'm grateful.

I am going to quickly read a bit here before I have to head out again.
Sorry I'm not responding personally to everyone....

Love you all,
jacy

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hello Jacy Darling! So happy to hear that you will be spending time with the Grandkids. Hope your friend is ok.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hey hunny! Thank you!

My friend's ex-girlfriend is now his best friend...he doesn't have many people in his life, lives on a disability, no car, etc. Well, she (his ex) had surgery recently, and things went wrong. She is now in the hospital, and no one will tell my friend what's wrong with her. I am running him back and forth when I can, still going to mother-in-law's daily, and trying to get ready to see my family on Saturday.
Happy and sad things going on at the same time...so I'm up and down, depending on who I'm with during the day. It's all making me feel really tired/drained.
Hope you are doing well!

jacy

Edit: He just text me, and wants me to take him back....so I'm off again. Will likely be back early in the morning.
Have a good night!!!

edit on 18-12-2014 by jacygirl because: gotta go

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

TDawg...

Let me clarify a couple of things for you, regarding the issues you raised about the donation bar.

First, those "tags" that appear dependant on the size of ones financial contribution? They will NEVER appear on a members profile, or in their avatar or miniprofile either. They are simply a bit of fun that Skeppy and the team came up with to make the whole thing a little less tedious.

Second, the ads are the ads, and a pain in the arse of course, but the fact of the matter is, that this is not a subscription based site. The owners are simply trying to get donations together to plug some fundamental holes and prepare the site for the future. Threats and problems have evolved since the site had its graphical and infrastructural overhaul a little while back, and some fixes need to be made to protect the site long term, and to strengthen it at a deeper level.

You should not feel bad about your ability or lack thereof to contribute financially to the site, just keep making sure you do so intellectually, like you always do!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh damn, I missed True. Hello True!

I can't afford to donate either. I take care of my family and donate to food kitchens and toys for kids at Christmas and am in debt with medical bills trying to catch up.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hello to everyone who may be peeking in and not posting!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Hello to everyone who may be peeking in and not posting!

Hi NightStar, I am almost always here somewhere. Don't always have a lot to say. Writing two books at present and have the weekend assigned to completing the last edit pass on another one. I was hoping to get that one out by xmas but that is not going to happen now and so be it.

P

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hiya Sweetie! Two books? Yay! Good luck with your writing!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I have three books running in the same time frame. It is a complicated piece of writing. Writing two of them side by side while referencing the already written one keeps them all on track.

Since I often write in first person, you read about events through three sets of eyes. So the commander of the battle and then the Healers point of view as they save lives.

Can get difficult when all three main characters are all excitedly giving hugs after an absence, especially so when there are others around. Took me a while to get that scene down pat.

P

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Writing is always so much fun and sometimes such a challenge. I have been writing as a hobby since I was a kid.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The elf was so happy to see Syx and CC that she gushed and ran over to hug them. She, Wolf and Wanderer had waited a while at the cave entrance and no one seemed to be coming their way so they had left.
"Oh I am so relieved to see you both!" replied Night. Wolf jumped up on the pair almost knocking them down with his affection and they all laughed at the sight. Night was disappointed that she didn't get to meet Twig or any of his kind, but she had a feeling that eventually somewhere, somehow she would.

"Wanderer and I were looking for an Inn so we could get a bite to eat and maybe stay for the night. He said they don't accept money on this Island. They just expect that you help them out with whatever may be needed and that you are capable of doing. Sometimes they don't need anything at all. It's a long story. Anyway, you are welcomed to join us if you'd like."

The sun set lazily over the horizon as the cool wind made the leaves dance on thick trees.
"OW!" cried a voice. "Watch where you're going!" cried another.
Wanderer's eyes widened. "Oh, so sorry, our humblest apologies. It is dark and hard to see and my new companions are not familiar with your kind."
The small colorful flowers blanketed a portion of the lush forest ground.

CC looked at Syx. Syx looked at CC. Night looked at CC and Syx. They were shocked that flowers could speak. The wanderer shrugged his shoulders and walked ahead with great caution.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hey Guys! In no particular order, I am Sorry to have Missed you; Jacy, Night, Phoenix, True !!!!!!

And Dawg if You were lurking.....

And to any other lurkers I say Hello!!!

Night That was a Fantastic entry!!!!!! I'll have to watch where I walk now, eh? LOL!!!
We have talking flowers and talking sticks now. I wonder what else will we come across??!
One can only wonder at this point.

I want to write more, but it is late and I need to be up early. If no one else has written into the Story by then, perhaps I can muster up something to add!

Hope You ALL are having a decent night......
Syx.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

i am now..lol...you only knew i was cause you looked at my screen when you walked back..to bad i was already off it..as you said you was getting off to watch a movie and then you fall a sleep...it was a bad movie hun...but i would like to give you a BIG thanks for the family tree thing..i so love doing that stuff..so i am off soon to do that..i only have 14 days to work on it..not much time with Christmas coming up going to be busy baking and other things so i should have waiting until after the holidays..i just never learn..lol..hey thats just like you, you never listen to me..haha...so we so going together..like that song from grease..lol...well going to read a few things and get working on it..i am hoping to get a lot more info..i can get info from mikki for your side..its my dad's side thats getting hard...well I SO LOVE YOU SO MUCHIERS...

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join