It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

she had rounded wooden tools.

That wasn't a sports massage!

Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

In Chinese massage therapy it is.

So very different to the west.

P

edit on 12/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That would be Shiatsu (Japanese) or Tui Na (Chinese)....neither of which use wooden 'tools' to work on acupressure points....the wooden tools are a western introduction.

Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

www.mcpt.com.au...

Just some history. Some of these tools have been recovered in digs and traced back as far as the ming Dynasty.

Not everything gets taken up by the West. Our knowledge of the Chinese Arts is not complete by any means.

Many, many copies of these tools are available on Ebay.

As far as I am aware, none of these were connected to acupuncture.

P

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Sorry Phoenix, the link you gave was for Chinese herbal medicine, not massage. It has a reference to bones...but these were used to inscribe their treatmenys etc on, not used in therapy. HOWEVER, the site does have a tab to Tui Na massage.
Tui Na

Tui Na is the Chinese expression for “Push Grasp” Chinese Massage. There are thirteen basic hand techniques in this system. There are principles of Yin and Yang that apply; law of husband wife, eight principles, noonday/midnight, and five elements.

Tui Na is basically a system which uses the diagnostic principles of looking, listening, smelling, asking, and palpating (feeling).

The system can balance and adjust the Chi energies as well as manipulate and stimulate soft tissue. Some of the techniques can actually move bone.

In addition to the Tui Na Massage, the Chinese would utilize cupping techniques, moxibustion and herbal preparations.

Just to explain the difference between Acupressure (which is what I said) and acupuncture (which is what you said) ....Acupuncture utilises needles on PRESSURE points. Acupressure is massaging of these points. Two different forms of therapy based on pressure points along the meridian lines of the body.

Just to clarify, I said that TDawg did not have a sports massage....that has its roots in Swedish massage.

Jane

edit on 12-12-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
That wasn't a sports massage!

Haha! Such a dirty girl! I called one of her tools "The T-Rex Tooth", and yep, she was Korean. She used that tooth to work out the knots in my back after a car accident. Very painful when she used that thing, but as I said, afterwards, being able to move about normally was a great feeling.

I really need to get off my duff and find a massage therapist. I know I could use it. They're rather pricey here though. $80-$120 a hour! WOW! Hookers are cheaper than that...LOL.
edit on 12-12-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Yes I know the difference between the two, I just misread, my apologies.

If you recheck that link carefully, you will find two videos on the tools used.

P

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Seems like you missed out on some of that Korean massage there TDawg!!!!

Korean Massage

Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The video links don't work Phoenix

Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

OK, never mind.

If I may be blunt. What is taught in the Western world as Chinese massage is a Western interpretation of the art.

The underlying principals, the very foundations of Eastern massage are fundamentally different from those in the West.

The Chinese used tools made from wood and Jade, the most famous is 1000 years old, made from Jade.

I agree that Dawg probably had a Swedish or similar technique used. Once again though, a Western interpretation.

P

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good Morning or afternoon or evening to You All! Hope today was/is fruitful for You's.

Going to doctor chop and smack in a little while.
He likes to inflict pain.
You know, the one I told Ya's about a while back.

I would rather go to Angel/Jane's shop for Her type of treatment. CC and I could use a good massage.

Maybe some day Jane, eh? Someday......
Ok, gonna cruise the threads for a while then take off to the Dungeon of Terror......

See Ya's around...... Syx.

edit on 12-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
(CC hops up on Syx's back, and They fly off together to the 'Pain Clinic'.)

Seeing as how that is the actual name for the business, I find it Aptly named! LOL!!!

edit on 12-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hello Everyone!!!!

Good luck today Syx!

I have this cute xmas sign with green leafy things sticking out of it in one of my fish tanks. LOL
I poked some candy canes on sticks into a flower pot.
Had to clip one of the plants that's growing like crazy and I'll be able to root those and make more plants.

Need coffee...more coffee! Hope you are all well!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

night
well thats funny about syx cause he does change his avatar more then his underwear...lol....

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears
a reply to: Night Star

LOL CC!!! That's about right, on the underwear thing. !!!LOL!!!
Night That's a cute pic! I like it!!

Hope You all have a great day!! Going to see Santa Clause with our Grand Daughter in a few minutes.

This site was down since yesterday, for Me any way. Any one else have any problems here?!

See Ya's later. Syx.

edit on 13-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wow, Haven't been able to get the site up all day. Finally!

Hello All!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

This site was down since yesterday, for Me any way. Any one else have any problems here?!

Very heavy DDoS attack came in. Seems to have originated in China or Korea but who knows.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Good day everyone!

I am up late because my gum is still inflamed, and sleeping is difficult at the moment! It is half past two in the damned morning here, and my patience for this discomfort is at a low ebb! This week, I have been spending my days mostly on the couch with a hot water bottle on my face and neck, and it is driving me totally bananas.

Mother was good enough to reduce my duties at work to give me maximum recovery time. At the moment, if a key needs cutting, I get a call on my mobile, come down to the shop, look the situation over, cut the keys as required, and then go straight back upstairs to the apartment. Because I have not been sleeping normally, my cognitive functions are impaired some what, which has meant that my ability to contribute as regularly, or indeed with my usual level of wit, has also been eroded, which is why you may have noticed that I have been absent for longer stretches over the period concerned.

I am on antibiotics now, and I think they are beginning to take some sort of effect on the swelling. I am back on PROPER solid food now as well, and so my spirits and energy levels are returning to something approaching normal. This issue with my wisdom tooth and the surrounding gum tissue, began sometime last week, and up until two days ago, all I had to eat was omelettes, porridge, and tea by the gallon. As a result, I have been lethargic and muzzy for the vast majority of the time. Now though, after a couple of days of nearly normal eating, I feel much better!

I hope the rest of you are well, and that your families, friends, and furry companions, are all content and full of joy.

Much love to the lot of you!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I hope the antibiotics work. The tooth pain/infection thing can be a real nuisance. Not a big antibiotic fan myself, but when it comes to a infected tooth, I'll gooble 'em like candy if need be. Never did the hot water bottle on my face though. Does it help?

Getting ready to hit the hay myself, the Gout is on the mend and I am getting about now in a more normal fashion. But laying about for fours days has taken its toll. I'm sore all over as the various muscle groups get back into the act of propelling my carcass around.
But at least no one is mistaking me for a zombie now.

I guess you could say its a good kind of hurt.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Dawg,

Contrary to all the medical advice one can find on the net, yes applying a hot water bottle to the side of ones face, and ones neck (with particular attention to the area in which the jaw and the neck meet, just below the ear) can help to relax the muscles and tendons in the area. The net says that one should apply ice to reduce swelling, and that is all very well, but....

The muscles and tendons which move my jaw became strained because they had been holding my jaw in an unusual position, to account for the aching in my gum, and to prevent me accidentally biting down on gumflesh
. The ache of maintaining the safest jaw position, was at least as bad as the ache in my gums themselves. Therefore the crucial thing was to use heat, to loosen those things up. That is what allows one to get a few hours sleep at the end of the day

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join