It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi Jane. Thanks for the psychedelic hug. It seem very appropriate here.

(Yes, Cody is very welcoming but I didn't let on. I think perhaps he didn't recognise me because he made me a stunning new avatar which I wore for a couple of hours and then changed for one made by a big furry gorilla).

Mura

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
DAAAAAMN!

It is HOT today! I slept through the hottest part of the day apparently, and I can only assume therefore that during the hours between about half past one in the morning this morning, and about three in the afternoon today which is when I woke up, that the sun made contact with the earth in a futile attempt to somehow mate with it. That is the only way I can imagine that it could be warmer than it is now.

There is barely any breeze, save for that provided by my trusty tower fan. I have been drinking iced water since I awoke, and none the less, I still feel like the proverbial errant pancake (which is the best description of being too warm and the way it feels, that I have ever come up with. Also the most comical)!

I hope that you are all well, and that those of you also residing on this fair isle are coping with the weather with more aplomb than I have been!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There it is again...the errant pancake. Hahahahahahaha!

The heat and humidity gets to me. Once it starts getting hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk, I seek an air conditioned room or a tub with cool soothing water. And if I'm desperate, I'll join little Cody in the kiddie pool outside. LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True....I was sat outside at about 11.30 last night, gazing at the stary, stary sky whilst having my bedtime brew, and I swear to god it was warmer than it had been during the day!!

It is something I have noticed here over the past 2-3 years....at around 10.30 my house gets very warm, and if I happen to wake up during the night (usually around 3am) the window could be wide open and yet it is warmer than during the day.

I think I have mentioned before to you that over recent years, the sun's rays have become searing. It is the only way I can describe it compared to the unbearable heat from my youth....the sun recently feels like a laser beam pricking every cell of my skin....not that I have any idea what a laser beam burn would feel like of course....I only have James Bond films to go by

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hehe!

I did not think for a moment that you would miss the pancake reference! Indeed, when it becomes too warm for my tastes, I also seek cooler air. However, we do not have an air conditioning system, just an aging tower fan, and an evaporative air cooler which we have yet to retrieve from the storage space in the loft of the shop. I love that thing so much, but I put off fetching it from the loft so that I get the most beneficial cooling from it, during the hottest months.

If I had access to it all year round, I would not appreciate it as much when I really need the cooling, so I leave it in the loft until the point is reached whereby if I fail to get cooling to my body, I start to present a fire hazard.

@angelchemuel

Oh damn, yes, it was hot last night too! I spent the evening at a friends place until late. Myself, my friend, and another of our friends (plus his enormous, and utterly daft dog) were sitting in the kitchen, all windows, and the door open, and every one of us (except the dog) sweating our buttocks off. The breeze was warmer than the still air, which did not improve matters one jot!

If anything, a hot night is far worse for me than a hot, bright day. Sleep becomes either certain, or impossible, and I find that it becomes certain when it would be the least convienient, and impossible when sleep would be extremely necessary. Regarding how a laser feels, I would imagine that it is somewhat akin to having a magnifying glass focus light onto ones flesh, except much worse, depending of course upon the output capacity of the laser itself.

Bloody aggravating either way!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
True, I advise you don't come live in MI during the summer if you hate the warm, sticky nights - once the daytime temps reach the 80's it takes a while to cool down.

I tend to go on a "vampire" schedule away from work - Get up early & do most of my outside work, sleep through the heat of the day (while my apartment still has the morning coolness), and then do my exercise at sundown.

At least today, there's a breeze blowing through the apartment, so it's not too bad out there.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

The only places I would consider moving to, are places which are either at a higher mark above sea level, or North of my current position, far north. Probably both those things now I come to think of it.

You would not see me going anywhere which even required a single moment of Tarmac time in a hotter place than I am from.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Exhausted. Spent. Victorious.

We've been asked to do an encore performance later in the year...right now, I'm not sure I should have agreed to that, but it remains to be organized. We are preserving the set and everything. Still have to take care of that...

Whew. I'm out. Must rest now.

- AB

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Wooooooo! Go AB!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Exhausted. Spent. Victorious.

We've been asked to do an encore performance later in the year...right now, I'm not sure I should have agreed to that, but it remains to be organized. We are preserving the set and everything. Still have to take care of that...

Whew. I'm out. Must rest now.

- AB

Nicely Done!

If you can, track down a copy so the rest of us can see it (I'll trade you a video of my community band for your performance).

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Way to go AB

My apologies for my recent lack of posting warriors.
RL and all that, but in a good way

But I'm back and wishing you all an awesome week.

Cody

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Good morning old chap!

How goes it?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well done and many congratulations AB!
May I also say.....I hope you and Foss can trade vids, that would be just brilliant!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Tsu, may I ask you a question please?
Why a white surrender flag?
Why your location the sea floor?
Why mood HMS Hood?

I can only read the three in combination meaning that you are saying HMS Hood surrendered to the Bismark in Scapa Flow and and went to Davy Jones Locker in shame.

HMS Hood

Would you mind explaining please? Confused

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thought I'd pop in for a few minutes and catch up on everything before hitting the hay. Looks like as is well and calm to me as far as I can see.

Guess I'll just leave this here......

As part of the late Nelson Mandela's 70th Birthday Bash at Wembley Stadium in London back in 1988. This particular band decided to get back together to partake in the celebrations. Here are Mark Knopfler, Chris White, John Illsley, Guy Fletcher, Alan Clarke, otherwise known as Dire Straits, and the Eric Clapton.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Gimme....are you sure you're not British????

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hi AB. I don't know you well yet but please accept congratulations from a newbie on a successful performance.

It is wonderful when hard work and determination pay off. Well done you.

TrueBrit and NightStar, I hope you have not melted yet. I've only just arrived and I would be really annoyed
with you if you all end up in a puddle just as I'm starting to get to know you. I'll be splashing around in the puddles throwing ice blocks at you. Nobody told me to bring my wellies.

Hiya Cody, Hi Jane. Hi Gimmefootball - nice to meet you too, and you can have ALL the footballs.

Mura

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Hello Mura44!

No, I have not yet melted. The ambient temperature is quite high, but there is cloud cover, so I am in no danger of burning at this point. Also, there is our evaporative air cooler which is making life tolerable in this heat range, although I imagine you have lived with far higher temperatures than our tiny isle can offer. Funnily enough, adding ice cubes to the water tray in the air cooler device adds significant factors of cooling to its capabilities, so by all means throw all the ice blocks you can (mental image: your good self, bouncing around dispensing ice blocks like Dr Mario launched pills! Silly brain of mine!)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I guess you wowed the audience AB! Good job and continued success to you!

Morning all!

In a lot of pain this morning with my back so I won't get much done today. Mark is supposed to have a physical therapist over today. I might sit outside with a book later and get some fresh air for a while.

Wishing you all a lovely day!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Beautiful song to enjoy.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join