It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Oh nooooooooo.....don't you dare post THAT piccy over on that other place!

Jane

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

As if I would!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That'll be a yes then

Jane

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Hey guys, new story up Dragon's Flight to a New World. Was bored.

Also I am workin on another Fixers tale. Kinda part two of the first. Not sure if I should post it as it's own, or as second part for the contest. If I add a paragraph to the fore, it will be like it's own tale......Any sugg's? Thanx. Later, Me.

Since it's part 2 of your story, I would keep it in the same thread

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Re-read the gathering thread. I was so jealous. LOL I could never in my wildest dreams afford such a trip. It was nice to see it through pics and posts though.

I miss Tsu.

Homer too and others who used to stop by.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Long story.

As you know, I am an author. Right now I have my latest book going through my editing routine. I use three other people to help. My Editor is really good at the pure form of editing. My eldest son picks up spelling errors and Grammar boo boos and I have one that is gifted at finding the odd plot hole. As a team it works well.

Each of them has their strengths. Each of them also has their little quirks and I take careful note of these since they represent a microcosm of readers. As the author, I have to decide to change or not to change. One once asked if the shotgun should have bullets because only cannons have shells. Lol, that was one I didn't change.

Now, IMHO, Sci Fi does not need a lot of sex, but if it is part of the story line you just have to go there. I tend to keep it short and very tasteful. So I just received feedback from one of them. The sex scene is too short. This is from the one that usually wants anything like that as short as possible.

I found it intriguing to write. A simultaneous love scene between two Great Dragons and their Riders while everyone is deeply linked in telepathic rapport. Not the easiest of things to write. I also inserted a bit of comedy for the younger readers to keep them amused.

I guess I will have to wait to see what the other two say.

I would put the scene up here, it is tasteful after all, but it is probs against T&Cs and I don't like giving Mods problems.

OK, well, just wanted to let you all know that writing is not all that easy.

P

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ya got me thinking of a book I read a while back about Dragon Riders fighting Thread. The thread was like acid. There was a small but very wonderful little dragon who was imprinted at birth with it's rider and together they were awesome! Main character had a special female He liked and they talked of teleportation into the thread storms and into when (time), not just places, etc, telepathy as well. Very good story. Brain farts keep me from remembering the name of the book. Dragon Riders of Pern maybe? You write that, and a couple others from that series? Or maybe I am remembering a couple diff titles, and twisted them together......

BTW I for one would love to read Your works. Current, or previous, or both. Titles and I can go to the book store to look for them. [email protected] for the sex scene! LOL!!! Syx.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanx Night as that was My main thought as well.
Also, Your post mirrored My thoughts on the gathering thread. Was bummed for Us Who all could not go, but thrilled for Those Who made the journey!!! Another Happy by proxy moment!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Your book sounds wonderful Pheonix! Do you have an author's page? A friend of mine put one up with his stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

You are referring to The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey. One of the Stalwarts of Sci Fi. Written in 1978 and has been continuously published since then.

I publish as E-books. Link is in my sig line.

You have a U2U

Enjoy, I would love some feedback.

P

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Not as yet. I decided to sell the series primarily on the book I have being edited. So I am thinking about that soon. Hopefully a friend will give me a hand to create one or I will have to learn how to do it.

Would you like to comment on the bit I am talking about?

P

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thanx!! Will check u2u in a min.
Yes the white dragon! Loved it!!
I will also have a look see at your link for Your writings. Dragons?! I am there!!!
You mentioned that writing is not easy. It is if you do it like I do. Not properly done! LOL!! But I have fun with it and it works as therapy of a sorts for Me, so......
Ok, Thanx again!!!
Later for now, Syx.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't have an e-book reader. I'm old school. LOL My friend decided to go the e-book route as well. It seems to work good for new authors.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

E-book reader for PC

You can read any E-book on any PC

It is free!

P

edit on 24/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

OH! I forgot about that! DOH! LOL
Answered your U2U.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
LOVE my new fish tank! I have 3 different leafy plants in there and a fancy little bowl with floral print, 5 little fancy colorful guppies and my adorable teeny tiny frog. Don't ask me how, but a moth got in the house and landed in the tank. I noticed it was still alive and saved it. LOL I left him on the table to dry off and now it's gone. I guess it's feeling better. LOL!

Bought these adorable little boxes for goodies. I bought yummy cookies and candy to put in them as extra gifts for people. The boxes were green with a cardinal on it and clear top. I tied bags with the cookies and some peppermint bark white chocolate and threw in some strawberry candies. Then I tied the box with pretty ribbon and a gold jingle bell.

Cashed in a ton of coins last week and bought gift cards for some people on my list. Been sorting through the jewelry I have been making for some of the girls/ladies. I added velvet stuffed heart ornaments. I have as much fun decorating the packages as I do picking out and making the gifts.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thank you. Should it be longer?

P

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

LOL, just answered your U2U. It was long enough and nicely done!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Getting very sleepy. My melatonin is kicking in. So...Sweet dreams. See you tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Hi. Sorry 'bout the no reply here. Was on my wife's pc last night and it has an odd left shift problem. When used it will leave these \\\\\, well similar but the lines are straight up and down. Not sure what causes it. I am not really a total dumb ass, but in this case, I am.! LOL!! Anyways it is a real P.I.T.A. to use so I refrain from too much writing on it, as I am a left thumb shifter. LOL!

That scene was beautifully written and very tasteful. The endurance was, I think, long enough for the story. However, I do not have the pre scenes material to use for any reference, as far as how long they knew each other etc...... From what I had to go on though, it was perfect! Very tastefully done!!!

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join